Official - Look at what I just got or have thread pt 2 - Page 79

yojoe.com

Page 79 of 315 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
    just got my tanks for the memories convention set and the red ninja parachute figure in the mail earlier today from the collectors club

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman2099
    Awesome! did you order online or find them in stores? I've not found any single packs personally, only comic packs.
    I received these from my distributor. Hasbro delivered earlier this week and my order was filled. These will probably start hitting stores in another week or so.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Outer Rim Toys and Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by sidiously darth
    I received these from my distributor. Hasbro delivered earlier this week and my order was filled. These will probably start hitting stores in another week or so.
    Cool!
    Mine probably won't ship 'til March, but I'm excited to get these. Torpedo is one of my favorite characters, but I've never owned but the late 90's re-release.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Went treasure hunting today:
    Target #1 ~ 3 figures, mostly Lady Js

Walmart #1 ~10 figures, mostly Buzzers

Target #2 ~6 figures, mostly hooded CCs

Toys R Us - 1 solitary figure (Stalker)

Walmart #2 - a few new Wave 3 comic packs and a couple of Cobra Troopers. They also had a couple of Wave 2 comic packs. I picked up a couple of each of the Wave 3 comic packs. Love the Crimson Twins.

Target #3 ~ A couple of Lady Js.

Walmart #3 - over 500 figures!!!!!! They had half an aisle with them. They also had them in two other aisles, 4 pegs near the Wrestler stuff and 4 pegs by the Transformers. 500+!

The guy said he and some other dude just finished putting them up a couple of hours ago and he was also a big fan. I wonder how much say he has in ordering them??? I tried to tally them up and stopped around 200 or so and just started picking some out.

They didn't have any:
    Iron Grenadiers Destros
    Snake Eyes w/ Timber
    1988 style Stormshadow
    Beachhead
    Flint

But they had everything else. It was so strange actually looking through them all and trying to pick the best looking cards, etc. I was actually being picky regarding Crimson Guards, Air Troopers and Cobra Troopers. With that many to choose from, I noticed just how many flaws (mostly specs of paint and discolorations) there are on a lot of them, particulary 84 SS.

Anyway, I picked up like 20 figures. Amazing! I wish I had had my phone to take a picture of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lockenvar
    Went treasure hunting today:
    Target #1 ~ 3 figures, mostly Lady Js

Walmart #1 ~10 figures, mostly Buzzers

Target #2 ~6 figures, mostly hooded CCs

Toys R Us - 1 solitary figure (Stalker)

Walmart #2 - a few new Wave 3 comic packs and a couple of Cobra Troopers. They also had a couple of Wave 2 comic packs. I picked up a couple of each of the Wave 3 comic packs. Love the Crimson Twins.

Target #3 ~ A couple of Lady Js.

Walmart #3 - over 500 figures!!!!!! They had half an aisle with them. They also had them in two other aisles, 4 pegs near the Wrestler stuff and 4 pegs by the Transformers. 500+!

The guy said he and some other dude just finished putting them up a couple of hours ago and he was also a big fan. I wonder how much say he has in ordering them??? I tried to tally them up and stopped around 200 or so and just started picking some out.

They didn't have any:
    Iron Grenadiers Destros
    Snake Eyes w/ Timber
    1988 style Stormshadow
    Beachhead
    Flint

But they had everything else. It was so strange actually looking through them all and trying to pick the best looking cards, etc. I was actually being picky regarding Crimson Guards, Air Troopers and Cobra Troopers. With that many to choose from, I noticed just how many flaws (mostly specs of paint and discolorations) there are on a lot of them, particulary 84 SS.

Anyway, I picked up like 20 figures. Amazing! I wish I had had my phone to take a picture of it.
    & where exactly do u live..............................? I'm so jealous

Quote Originally Posted by lockenvar

They didn't have any:
    Iron Grenadiers Destros
    Snake Eyes w/ Timber
    1988 style Stormshadow
    Beachhead
    Flint

Wow! I've never seen that many figures in one spot. Even when the Orlando TRU near the airport had their big Ep. I setup, there was 500 figures there at any one time.

So for those who are wondering where all the Joe stock is hiding, take a drive to where lockenvar lives.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Outer Rim Toys and Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Fsj Super Swamper
    & where exactly do u live..............................? I'm so jealous
    This is in Austin, TX. It's the only place I've ever seen that had even over 4 pegs all around town. The main display probably was something like 6 pegs across by 6 pegs down. Maybe more. It blew my mind. The display was so huge and eye catching, I saw like 2 or 3 guys stop and say stuff like, "man, I didn't know that had these things," and "I used to play with these when I was a kid."

I still wonder if the guy who works there has something to do with ordering that many. He made it sound like he did.

i was At the Phoenix toy show today. Bought lots of stuff. Got 5 carded figures. Lots of parts and a MIB Cobra soldier 12" mail away uniform. Great deals.!

Quote Originally Posted by AlternateUniverse Steeler
    i was At the Phoenix toy show today. Bought lots of stuff. Got 5 carded figures. Lots of parts and a MIB Cobra soldier 12" mail away uniform. Great deals.!
    Me too! My best deal was the USS Flagg I bought for $80!!! The superstructure was yellowed, but it came with a missile radar antenna, 9 deck clips, 1 y pin, a mint and complete upper and lower mast with cap, and the best part....................... A MINT FAN DECK RAILING!!!!!

Found all the series 3 comic packs today, which is odd since I haven't seen the series 2 ones yet.

But I'm one comic pack away from having enough points for Doc.