yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deal Gone Bad With : Destro_triple_win

I had a deal go bad with ebay seller:

DESTRO_TRIPLE_WIN

I purchased a GI JOE COMMAND HDQTRS. from ebay. The item was sold to

me as "mint in sealed box,ready for afa". I had purchased from this seller

once before and aside from a delay in shipping,it went ok.I was ok with

trusting this seller for the before mentioned reason. I did however call the

seller various times and on many ocassions asked him if he was sure the item

was factory sealed and afa greadable,the seller affirmed that it indeed was

factory sealed and greadable. I again trusted this seller,and agreed to

purchase the item. I advised the seller that i could not pay for the item right

away,since i did not have all the money the seller said it was ok,that he

would wait for me to pay for it. I received a npb warning from ebay around 2

weeks after i won the item,i contacted the seller and asked him why he sent

me a npb warning, but the seller just stated i had to pay asap,said he had

waited long enough.Since the seller had worked with me on this deal

i did not argue and paid for the item the next day. I then did not get tracking

info for the itemfor a few days,when i contacted the seller and asked why i

had not received the tracking info,i was told he "just haven't had

time to ship it. I had to cut my vacation short because when he finally

shipped it,almost a week and a half later he shipped it "standard mail" when

he promised to ship it priority mail.So it took 9 days to get to me,the seller

also had promised to give me a deal on the shipping price instead of $35.00

he said he would only charge me $22.00 . When i paid for the item i had to

pay for the full shipping price,again i did not complain since the seller

had waited for me on the payment. When i finally received the item i was

going to re-send it to afa for grading,but i just wanted to make sure it was

ok before i sent it,since the grading shipping and return shipping fees

were going to be high. Grading alone was going to be around $200-$250 ,plus

the $37.00 for shipping to afa and another $40-$50 dollars for return

shipping,insurance etc. So i wanted to be sure everything was ok. When

i opened the box to verify the item,my jaw dropped to the ground,first of all

the packaging was terrible consisting of old shopping bags,dirty packing

peanuts,around 12 different and dirty bubble wraps,and even some

old food wrappers. I then proceeded to look at the box and as i feared the

side of the box i asked the seller about was as i feared,it was RE-GLUED!! I

immed. contacted the seller and told him the condition of the box,and i was

saddened to hear that the seller stated i was lying about the condition of the

box and stated it was sealed,i told the seller the seller i did not want to

argue with him and did not want to turn this into a bad transaction,i told

him i just wanted to return the item and get my money back. The seller did

not want to refund my money and stated he would not take the item

because he was "sure it was sealed". I had to file a claim with paypal ( Let it

be noted that the seller did not want to do the deal through EBAY or PAYPAL

- he said he did not want to pay all the fees ),i explained i had to go

through both of them to be protected. Paypal requested that i send the

item back and provide tracking info,which i did yesterday 8-29-08. All i want

is my money back,i allready lost $35 to have it shipped to me,plus $38 to ship

it back to the seller ,because i shipped it the right way priority mail

with signature confirmation,and insurance.This money i allready lost and will

not get it back. I have been emailed by some people stating he has done this

before,i went back and read all his feedback and i have to say now im a little

worried. Did i over do this? I paid $720.00 for this item,and i wanted what i

paid for. Please look at all my feedback and you will see i dont mess with

people and all my purchases are done with the utmost care

to ensure a smooth transaction. does anyone else have any suggestions?

Please email me or pm me.

BY THE WAY I HAVE ALL THE EMAILS FROM THIS TRANSACTION TO PROVE

WHAT IM CLAIMING HERE!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This Is The Auction In Question

THIS IS THE LINK TO THE AUCTION IN QUESTION,I PURCHASED THIS ITEM WITH MY BUYER ACCOUNT:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEAFB:IT

Yeah, I've heard quite a few bad things about that seller. I've bought from him in the past, but only graded stuff. I've had a few big dealers call him a dirt bag and to watch out when dealing with him. I saw this auction when it was up, and I knew at the time it was resealed. I hope everything works out well on your end

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Warpigs
    Yeah, I've heard quite a few bad things about that seller. I've bought from him in the past, but only graded stuff. I've had a few big dealers call him a dirt bag and to watch out when dealing with him. I saw this auction when it was up, and I knew at the time it was resealed. I hope everything works out well on your end
    in my past expierience with paypal and ebay as long as you filed a claim with them and sent the item back with signature confirmation they will take your money out of his account and return it to you even if he dosnt have the money in his paypal they will take it from his checking if he has one linked to it but the key is you have to have the signature conf number and have filed the proper claimes.
    hope this eases your mind a bit .that being said not sure if this is the right forum to post this i believe this is for bad trades/deals on yo joe
    gary j
    Last edited by dengar91; 08-30-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Even if the item was sealed as he stated there is no way this item would of gotten a 75 grade out of AFA. The box is beat to **** and is also torn. Out of curiousity what grade were you expecting to get out of this item?
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Actually,i would be happy with any grade as long as it was graded, I wouldnt have cared if it received a 60 ,as long as it was sealed!

Talking

Wow dude your like a girl
    http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...tml#post289772
    im not typing anymore cleck the link to see my response. and that other guy that said dealers call mea dirt bag tell daren to stop crying cause i wont sell him stuff thats worth 800.00 for 250.00

response:

Quote Originally Posted by KIDD
    Wow dude your like a girl
    http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...tml#post289772
    im not typing anymore cleck the link to see my response. and that other guy that said dealers call mea dirt bag tell daren to stop crying cause i wont sell him stuff thats worth 800.00 for 250.00
    I don't understand,so if anyone posts on this website about being ripped off,they "ARE LIKE A GIRL". Now you are proving to me that you were not being honest,all i was originally posting for was to ask other people on this forum if i was being paranoid about filing a claim,but now i can honestly say i'm glad i insisted on going through Ebay & Paypal. Now i can see you are not as honest as you say you are.

no_mames_toys=talk_about_the_toys = solotribe13 =juan cervantes?

Are u that guy who sold a carded cobra de aco for US1k and send an empty box to the buyer? I have heard many stories about you.None of them are good. WOw so many ebay ids.

that piece is factory sealed and you know it, just cause the tape is hard that just means its old. check out an auction on ebat right now for a piece that came out of the same collection that got an afa 80 ( http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-Joe-Transport...QQcmdZViewItem ) he owns 3 i sold him 2 of the 3 and both came from the same collection and his tape was yellow and hard aswell.