How to sell my GI Joe figures and vehicles

yojoe.com

How to sell my GI Joe figures and vehicles

I recently rediscovered my GI Joe collection from childhood. Since I am blessed with only daughters with no interest in Joes, what is the best way to sell my collection? My few internet searches give hugely varying prices. Vehicles would be very hard to sell online and ship, especially stuff like the Tomahawk. How do you guys usually sell? I have sorted, cleaned most, replaced some O rings, and photographed.

FIGURES: https://plus.google.com/photos/10589...IG3_cjX3dj6zAE

VEHICLES: https://plus.google.com/photos/10589...CJXo6sLIhvuIZA

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A lot of sales and trades are done here on the board, either through the PM (private message system) or email. If you are wanting to sell, post these up in the classified-sale board. You have some good items.

http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/
    Last edited by Jimmyboy; 03-08-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added link
    A closed mouth gathers no foot!

Thanks for the insight. I will post them there.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I found this site when I started researching prices - G.I. Joe Price Guide 3 3/4", it's outdated, but some of the prices are actually still pretty accurate.

This site here can give you info on pricing too (yojoe.com I mean) - you can go here to get information on specific items - 3 3/4" Figures | YoJoe.com: Dedicated to the G.I.Joe of the 80's, 90's and beyond!. When you click through to a specific item it gives you a link underneath the first picture to any of the items that are for sale. That'll help you with prices.

Finally, check out ebay - do a search on what you want to get a price on, then check out what's for sale. I've found that a lot of the stuff is priced stupidly high, or really low - I'd compare the quality of what you have to what you see for sale, then come up with a price somewhere between the highs and lows you find.

When on ebay pay attention to the details on the pricing - that is, the price you see may only be a bid - check to see how many bids there are... check to see if it's a "buy it now" price... if you see a figure that's marked for say $500, see how many bids there are, if there aren't any bids it's probable the price is too high.

Also, don't forget to price in your packaging... shipping is one thing, but this stuff is fragile and you probably want to pack it up nicely before shipping it (I'm sure your buyer would appreciate that)... you need to consider the price of a box, bubble wrap, packing peanuts... that stuff is surprisingly expensive - trust me - I found that out when I packaged up one of the more expensive items I'm selling.

Good luck!

You do have very nice keep fig and vehicles. To bad I already have all of them or else we would talk. I think you can get good money out of these items you have.
    Check out my YouTube channel = zartan

Exclamation Trying to sell my dads collection

Hey everyone

so my dad recently had his left leg amputated and is needing to get deposits
    and with being on disability he is on a fixed income. Hard to save when you almost don't get buy as is.
    so he is not the type to look for a handout and has asked me to try to sell his collection to help reach Our Goal.
    All are brand new In box.

I have 2 masterpieces editions volume 1

the GI Jane pilot
    the limited edition Navy Admiral, soldier home for holidays, dress marines
    Army Admiral,
    I have a few more wish I could just post pics

also gave a The Ultimate Soldier AH-6 helicopter Brand New in box
    also the cargo hummer

Please make me a fair offer. My father is a Navy Vet. GI Joe has meaning to him
    let this help me get him into a handicapped accessible apartment. Thank you all