GIjoe volume 3 #2

yojoe.com

GIjoe volume 3 #2

*****possible spoilers in thread******

A continuation from last issue.
    Liked Duke's resilience and Im not a big Duke fan, but here, it worked.
    Liked Hashtag, a lot. She brings a new quality to the stories. Her choice in this issue was interesting. I wonder, if you have never shot anyone before would you really empty a pistol into them?
    Cover Girl shines in this issue. Hope that cute little nose recovers.
    The characters modernisms are a little irritating but I can deal. "sup" is not something I can see him saying.
    I am trying to see where all the hate directed at Hashtag comes from.
    She is the rookie.
    She will make mistakes. She will not be liked by the other team members because rookies are always dead meat and also bad news for vets in the movies/comics. So until she becomes a seasoned member of the team and grows up a bit. She is going to have a huge learning curve.
    The sentiments and the situation in this little town, is spreading through the U.S. It is becoming more and more prominent in the forefront of our culture. I like that VanLente incorporated it.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re-reading it now. Couple things I can't stand about it.

Hashtag saying she doesn't believe in guns. Basically she joined the Army just for the ROTC scholarship, taking advantage of a system. Even someone that joins ROTC just for the scholarship would have to believe in guns. They can't be that naive to think they'd never have to fire one. And Hashtag is an army brat. Not believing in guns makes no sense for someone with that background. Doesn't have to like them, but someone that has grown up around them and is in a career that involves them, would believe in them even if they don't like using them.

And her question to Doc was bad. "You're a doctor and you joined the army".

What kind of question is that? Of course doctors would join the army. People get hurt, wounded, killed and need doctors. Also, most likely, Doc got her training through the military. The exchange doesn't make sense.