Whats the story with these?

yojoe.com

Whats the story with these?

hey all,

I picked these different prototypes up in aroun 01-02. paid a pretty penny for them back in the day but now ebay seems to be flooded with prototypes. are mine any different ?

SORRY I could post a link directly to the pics but they are at the bottom of this facebook page public link
    Joe collection | Facebook

I noticed thaat for instance the beachhead has many differnt types of plastic used for the mold and they arent all the same coloured peices. I dont know how to describe it but the plastic feels almost "softer" somehow.

I know one of the figures is an old convention exlcusive protytpe but what about the newer ones that are pictured...?

any help could be greatly appreciated. I have them listed for sale and no idea what they could be worth now...

obvioulsy i know they are worht whatever people are willing to pay so no smart alecks! J/K

thanks in advance for insghts and advice.

cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The early 2000's were a terrible time to buy G.I. Joe prototypes. Demand was high, availability low. So of course prices were HIGH. Once Chinese sellers realized there was a market for such things, they made sure the demand could be met. As a result prices have plummeted.

There are still preproduction figures that have held their value, some have even gone up. But for the most part, a good chunk of the prototypes that have hit the market in the last decade can be found for under $10 pretty easily.

In your case the Big Ben is probably the best piece, But I'm pretty sure that even that one is pretty easy to find. The others, including the convention exclusive should all be pretty common. In fact the convention exclusive is so common, I've seen complete set's of all 4 sell for under $20.

Though honestly I don't know what the current market value is on any of these specific figures. But odds are pretty good that they are worth far less than you paid for them.

Sorry.

Roger

PS, I paid $80 for a Snow Serpent around 2003 that you can now pick up for about $5. Luckily that was the only one I really got gouged on.
    Captain Cosmos Collectibles
    NOW IN FLORIDA!!!

check us out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...osCollectibles

The rarest prototype /unreleased figure you have in those pictures is the blue/red Storm Shadow from a canceled Walmart wave. Of the unpainted stuff, as goof said, that Big Ben is the rarest. The 15th anniversary protos are harder to come by than the later 2000 stuff.

The two different Cobra Strike Team Urban Division Storm Shadow figures you have pictured are also quite htf. I had a much harder time finding the camo one than the light gray one.

I noticed a blue storm shadow with what looked liked Ninja Force Zartans arms, is that a prototype, custom or a normal figure I have never scene before?

are there any photo(s) available of these prototype(s) .....??