yojoe.com

GeneralsJoes Reviews G.I. Joe: Retaliation "Extended Action Cut" on Blu-Ray

It was a little bit tough keeping track of all the various releases of the G.I. Joe: Retaliation film, but the one that really seemed to be rising to the top for most G.I. Joe fans was the Best Buy exclusive "Extended Action Cut" Blu-Ray. And one watch of the film really exemplified that to me.

The Extended Action Cut features nearly 13 minutes of additional footage, and while you might not think so, that 13 minutes made a world of difference. Yes, I've already reviewed the standard release Blu-Ray, but now, I've also reviewed the Extended Action Cut and also did a little breakdown of the most important (in my view) footage that was included in the film.

Check out the G.I. Joe: Retaliation Review Page, or click the link below to access it directly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02_COBRA.jpg 
Views:	1481 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	25352
    Managing Editor YoJoe.com
    Webmaster GeneralsJoes.com
    Reviews, News, and Opinions

I have to disagree. I generally liked the movie, even though I have some issues with the story (it won't become one of the "sit down and watch" movies), and I had hoped that the extended cut (along with the deleted scenes) would fix some of my issues with the film.

It didn't. It just added more action. Which I suppose should have expected from an "extended action cut".

The bar scene and added elements to the pakistan and final fight were good. The rest, not a big deal. The President's son part was bad, very bad.

In the end, I don't think the added scenes made it a better movie. None of the story issues were fixed. The only thing that really benefitted was Jinx's character.
    Last edited by troynos; 08-05-2013 at 06:31 PM.