Now that hasbro has made a new version of gold head steel brigade; what does this ?

yojoe.com

Now that hasbro has made a new version of gold head steel brigade; what does this ?

What does this mean to you ? Personnally I will keep looking for the vintage one but only if it's cheap.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't think it changes anything. The original will always be hard to find and will retain it's value.

They did? I guess since I don't collect the current style I don't pay attention much. But yeah, I don't think that will change the price of a vintage one at all. It isn't quite the same as a vehicle re-issue. While the new Skystriker is different from the old, it isn't different throughout. At the core it is the same, it just has some minor changes to the cockpit and assembly. But a 25th style figure is through and through different from a vintage figure. I just don't see any 25th figure as a substitute for a vintage. Anyone that wants a Gold Head Steel Brigade for the collectability of it is going to seek out the vintage.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just to clear up things a bit. Hasbro did not make the modern Gold Head. The Collector's Club did. Easy mistake to make. But the Club is run by a company called Fun Publications and Hasbro licenses Joe names, likeness and plastic molds to them to make figures.

But I don't think the new one will diminish the value of the old one. It'll probably never get as desirable. Old is old. New, however rare, will never have that going for it. The original is old and rare. The new one is just rare. It's just like cars. Brand new Mustang $50k. Vintage rare ones I've seen go for millions.

For me? Once I get my bonus I'm going to buy this Con set and I'll be good. I'm not in the market for the vintage one. The idea of paying more than $50 for a figure makes my head hurt.

And here's the reference picture for you FireFox
    International G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention - GIJoeCon 2014!
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    Just to clear up things a bit. Hasbro did not make the modern Gold Head. The Collector's Club did. Easy mistake to make. But the Club is run by a company called Fun Publications and Hasbro licenses Joe names, likeness and plastic molds to them to make figures.

But I don't think the new one will diminish the value of the old one. It'll probably never get as desirable. Old is old. New, however rare, will never have that going for it. The original is old and rare. The new one is just rare. It's just like cars. Brand new Mustang $50k. Vintage rare ones I've seen go for millions.

For me? Once I get my bonus I'm going to buy this Con set and I'll be good. I'm not in the market for the vintage one. The idea of paying more than $50 for a figure makes my head hurt.

And here's the reference picture for you FireFox
    International G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention - GIJoeCon 2014!
    Thanks for the info because I was confused too.

It doesn't mean much to me because I don't collect vintage Joes. It's not like I don't like them. It's just they're difficult to collect without eBay, which I left in 2008. Mainly due to mandatory PayPal. As for the convention gold head Steel Brigade, I doubt it'll affect the prices of the original, but I'm certain that the convention one increase in value. I only have a few convention figures in my collection from going in on a set a few years ago and I'm surprised at how much they're going for now. I'm almost tempted to sell them. Ideally, I would have liked to have seen the gold head Steel Brigade figure end up in the PoC or 30th line as a variant that could have been bought at retail.

Oh yeah, I had seen that figure before. I just didn't pay it much attention because I don't collect the modern style.