Toy Fair 2014 Coverage from Figures.com and YoJoe

yojoe.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Toy Fair 2014 Coverage from Figures.com and YoJoe

Big Toy News Straight From The Big Apple...

Figures.com and YoJoe are once again gearing up to bring you coverage from the toy show of all toy shows, the International New York Toy Fair 2014!

Bookmark this page as it will act as a link to our extensive Toy Fair photo gallery. You'll find it quickly fill with hundreds of images straight from the show featuring all your favorite toy companies. Our LIVE event coverage begins this Saturday!

TOY FAIR 2014 PHOTO GALLERY

Managing Editor YoJoe.com
    Webmaster GeneralsJoes.com
    Reviews, News, and Opinions

We have some reports from agents in the field! No images yet, but here are current announcements from the G.I. Joe presentation at Toy Fair:

The real issue I have watching Toy Fair from afar is that it's tough for me to grasp all of the information from all of the different places without having my own personal perspective.

As such, I'll direct to a few different sources for current information.

What we know right now is that we are getting G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary 2 Packs and 3 Packs along with vehicles as Toys "R" Us Exclusives this year. According to HISSTank.com this is what we can expect:

Two Packs

Low-Light vs. Night Viper
    Snow Job vs. Arctic B.A.T.
    Blowtorch vs. HEAT Viper
    Cobra Trooper with Cobra Officer
    Lady Jaye vs. The Baroness

Three Packs (Unconfirmed)

Cobra Trooper
    Cobra Viper
    Destro
    Leatherneck
    Hawk

Vehicles

Cobra Wolf with Ice Viper
    Arctic Sky Hawk
    G.I.Joe VAMP MkII with Flint
    Eel with Night Landing Craft

Also, according to HISSTank staff on hand, the figures shown are the concept case figures! That's right, both Destro and Leatherneck are the same amazing figures from the Concept Case last year, and HEAT Viper apparently from the year before. Lady Jaye and Flint are also likely pulled from that year's case.

This is... well... pretty freaking amazing news. But it doesn't stop there. The G.I. Joe Kre-O love continues as well:

Terror Drome with 856 pieces and 6 Kre-Ons (including Gung Ho, Hawk, Mainframe, Serpentor, and Xamot). That only adds up to 5 Kre-Ons, so one has to think that maybe we'll get Tomax, too?
    Outpost Defense with 97 pieces and Storm Shadow (in his G.I. Joe outfit!) and Beach Head.

Firebat Attack with 292 pieces comes with Firebat and Wolverine.

24 Mini Figures including Nunchuk, Atomic Man, Scrap Iron, Lowlight, Doc, Night Creeper, Torch, Budo, Nemesis Enforcer, Zartan, Snow Serpent, Cobra Eel, and Chuckles (among others).

News reports come courtesy of JoeBattleLines.com, HISSTank, Toy News International, and from the awesomly insane Twitterati everywhere.

Press photos should be available tonight, and you'd better believe I'll be all over that business!

Over on their Facebook page, the G.I. Joe Collectors Club has started posting press images of the upcoming G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary product!

Check out the gallery right here and make sure you "Like" their Facebook page while you're at it.

The Press Images will be widely available tonight, so I'm not going to mirror those images, you can find them at this link.

Suffice it to say, we are getting concept case Destro and Leatherneck, Lady Jaye, and HEAT Viper, but at the same time we're getting re-releases of a standard color Blowtorch (for the third time, really?!), PoC General Hawk and Low Light.

I will say the Cobra Wolf with Ice Viper is an exceptionally great surprise. WOW!

Anyway, check out the images right here.

Attachment 39881

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

2 new Vamps, that's all I wanted.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

Ok, I'm with you Justin. Not sure we need this Blowtorch again. I'm only hoping that they'll give us the green painted one they promised us before. Also don't really need another Hawk and Snowjob. But if it'll get me that Heat Viper, Arctic Bat, and Leatherneck I'll do it.

And so, are there variants of the Vamp and Night landing? Cause I'll need to start making room for all these vehicles.

That Night Viper is interesting. I'm gonna need a few of those. But that Sky Hawk with the Arctic PoC Snake Eyes we should have gotten is SWEET! I was just planning on making one of those.

So it's not going to be a terrific year for Joe's 50th. But what we are getting is going to be pretty awesome. I think we can probably all agree that as we get older it's not the amount of gifts you get, but the quality of them.
    Last edited by Geek-Viper; 02-15-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

This is awesome news! I'll buy all of it! I agree with Geek-Viper on Blowtorch, though. This would be the perfect opportunity to release Blowtorch in the PoC running change colors.

Some interesting things going on in the Kre-On series. I never would have imagined we'd be getting a set as large as a Terror Drome!
    Looks like the Terror Drome set comes with Xamot, but Tomax will be part of the blind pack set. The Wolverine has real rubber tracks, but doesn't come with Covergirl. Would be neat if the Mike Power Atomic Man had a clear plastic right arm and left leg - in the photo it looks like silver paint.
    Still, all the sets look great!
    Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on DailyMotion http://www.dailymotion.com/kevinlr1 on FRIDAYS!
    and on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/formbx257 on SATURDAYS!
    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

Quote Originally Posted by formbx257 View Post
    Would be neat if the Mike Power Atomic Man had a clear plastic right arm and left leg - in the photo it looks like silver paint.
    Looking at the high resolution versions I think they are clear plastic. You can see the back side of the paint through the arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Ha Ha! I saw the link to photos and was all, "ARRRRRGH! I gotta see this stuff!". So I clicked on it and it was all KREO and now I wanna' kill my computer.... Nice stuff, just not my cup of tea.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS