G.I. Joe: First Salvo is available

yojoe.com

G.I. Joe: First Salvo is available

G.I. Joe: First Salvo was published last week and is available on amazon.com. It hit #33 on Kindle's best seller list yesterday (the only G.I. Joe novel in the top 100), and early feedback has been very positive.

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-JOE-First-...ds=bill+nedrow

The story deals with the formation of G.I. Joe and features the original team (including Shooter).

Check it out.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Joe Rhyno (I am sure many of you know him from here or from other toy websites) has asked me to host a custom contest based on the novel G.I. Joe: First Salvo.

If you aren't familiar with the novel, it can be seen (and purchased) here: G.I. JOE: G.I. Joe: First Salvo (Kindle Worlds) - Kindle edition by Bill Nedrow. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

The contest will be hosted on the novel's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BillNedrowsGIJoeNovel

The contest will run until midnight (central time) of September 30th, and the prize will be a Boss Fight blank body. (Note: Because Boss Fight will not be shipping their product until after February, the prize will not be mailed until that time).

Check out the novel and the Facebook page for more details. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at gijoenovel@gmail.com.

I have a big follow up concerning the G.I. Joe: First Salvo custom contest. Robert Atkins, the wonderful G.I. Joe artist, has agreed to donate some art and signed prints for the contest. You can see his response if you click on Shares in the post about the contest.

I will distribute more information when I get it. Thank you to Mr. Atkins for his generous support.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There has been a lot of big news regarding this contest, which I am pleased to share. Many more prizes have been donated to the contest.

In addition to the Robert Atkins artwork and Boss Fight body, a $40 Big Bad Toy Store gift certificate has been donated by BBTS. Also, a donor has made a Logan "Command Ops" figure from Marauder Task Force Gaming available.

That's not all. Another group has not only donated another set of prizes but also incentives for people who demonstrate a commitment to participating in the custom contest. I've been asked not to reveal these until they are in hand (hopefully next week), but I am certain that customizers will be excited.

All told, a Boss Fight body, Robert Atkins artwork, a $40 BBTS gift certificate, a Logan "Command Ops" figure from Marauder, and a soon to be revealed mystery prize are all available. Please check out Bill Nedrow's G.I. Joe novel Facebook page for all of the details, and buy G.I. Joe: First Salvo on amazon.

The new incentive for the G.I. Joe: First Salvo custom contest can now be announced. Thanks to The AngelForge, we now have 15 sets of custom grab bag parts to distribute to people who are committed to entering the contest. Each grab bag includes 5 heads. One grab bag each will be given to the first 15 people who contact me and indicate that they are entering the contest. Participants will be asked a question about the novel to verify that the book has been purchased. Grab bags will be chosen at random and mailed to the participants. AngelForge has also added a prize pack to the prize pool (which also includes Robert Atkins artwork, a BBTS gift certificate, a Boss Fight blank body, and a Marauder action figure).

See the Facebook page for pictures and further details.

With the arrival of Robert Atkins's art (again, a big thanks to Mr. Atkins for his generous contributions), we are now ready to announce the prize structure for the G.I. Joe: First Salvo custom contest.

First Prize: Winner's choice of one of the two original Atkins sketches (Duke or Viper), winner's choice of one of the three autographed books (Robert Atkins Declassified, Atkins: The Art of Declassified, or Snake-Eyes: Cobra Civil War), a Boss Fight blank body, and an AngelForge custom parts package.

Second Prize: A Robert Atkins original sketch, choice of one of the remaining two autographed books, a Marauders figure, and an AngelForge custom parts package.

Third Prize: The final autographed book, a collection of Robert Aktins prints, and a $25 BigBadToyStore gift certificate.

Fourth Prize: A collection of Robert Atkins prints and a $15 BigBadToyStore gift certificate.

Fifth Prize: A Robert Atkins print.

Winners will be selected by a poll on the novel's Facebook page. Please check out the page for pictures of the fabulous Atkins art.

There are still AngelForge starter packs available for anyone who is interested in participating in the contest; simply contact me after purchasing the book to arrange for your starter pack.