Why are Snow Serpents going for so much $$$?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Why are Snow Serpents going for so much $$$?

I keep seeing Snow Serpents on eBay going for waaaaay too much money....What's with this lately? What causes such a sudden need to have such a figure? There's a Snow Serpent going for $36.50 WITHOUT shipping right now.

Just wondering.
    "Why ask why?" - Al Bundy

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I guess if there are people willing to pay that much, sellers will sell it for that… But I understand your confusion, as the price jump seemed to happen very recently, and very quickly. Was Snow Serpent a very popular figure back in the day? Like Snake Eyes or something?

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Climate change...
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
    Climate change...
    Yep. All that global cooling...

I assumed it was because he came with a lot of accessories, so maybe he's hard to get complete. I dunno... I haven't tried to get one yet. That's my best guess.
    G. I. Joe toy reviews and more at: https://www.youtube.com/user/HoodedCobraC788
    HoodedCobraCommander788 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hoodedcobracommander788

He is just the new in thing right now. Plus he is cool looking. He was my favorite Cobra in 85, CG and EEL all in one toy.
    (5*) ****

(5#)####

There is an i in TEAM...It is in the A hole

I suspect there is at least one person buying everything he sees related to Snow Serpents. That person approached me last year and bought everything I had (complete, loose, accessories, filecard, etc). I guess it is possible that someone with deep enough pockets could drive the prices up by making the supply go away.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Yeah I noticed this too. I was looking to buy one a couple of weeks ago because I'm trying to replenish Joe's from my childhood and Snow Serpent was one of my faves..... I won't be buying one at these prices though.

Quote Originally Posted by TYPE*S*TOYS View Post
    I suspect there is at least one person buying everything he sees related to Snow Serpents. That person approached me last year and bought everything I had (complete, loose, accessories, filecard, etc). I guess it is possible that someone with deep enough pockets could drive the prices up by making the supply go away.

I spoke to this individual recently. He has over 20,000 in varying forms of completeness!
    Up, down, over and through, back around the joke's on you....

I think I saw a loose one with a BIN price of $23.95....no accesories!!!
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....