GI Joe Tactical Ninja Team Variant

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GI Joe Tactical Ninja Team Variant

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can give me information on a variation from this 3-pack. Airborne has short sleeve white short, watch on left wrist and no mask. Instead he has blonde mohawk. I looked over some of the previous years to find the head sculpt but haven't seen it yet. I keep searching web and still have not found any mention of this variation. I don't have ability to take photo but will upload one when I have a chance. Anyone have any idea/information about this set, I would love to know what I found.
    Also there was a similar variation on the invasion trooper in the Invastion team set that I wasn't able to purchase at the time, and have not seen any mention of this either. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for reply Scott. Definitely not a figure swap, unless factory workers are having a bit of a laugh. Here's a few photos. Any ideas.
    scratch that. sorry for the ebay link. Not my intention for an easy sale plug, just easier/too lazy than me joining/upload photo with free service. My tech savviness isn't what it used to be.

Gi Joe Tactical Ninja Team Variant New SEALED | eBay

Someone help me shed some light on this box set please!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Gaah, too impatient to use free hosting site and my link to ebay just to use photos has to be read over by admin. Hopefully it goes through. If not I'll suck it up and a free hoster. Any ideas on best/easiest hosting site?
    As for figure swap, I'm 99% sure that is not the case. Thanks for reply Scott

Looks like the head could be Storm rider's without the glasses. Hopefully photos will be cleared and posted soon!

That's the body from Joe Colton (v1) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive with the alternate head from G.I. Joe Trooper (v2A) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

Either a bizarre factory error or, most likely, a figure swap.

PJ and Scott

I assume when you say figure swap you mean someone bought it and then replace him, then returned him? Yes?
    My friend let me know when this case came in. I got there a few hours later. There were still 6 or 8, whatever the case count was with these. I can't say it wasn't possible but seems very unlikely that someone bought this set and the cobra invasion and did the work and returned them before I got there. The tape looks to never have been removed either. Not even meticulously with a heat source or such.

No one has seen this variation before? Do I assume I got a crazy one of a kind?
    PJ - thanks for sculpt info!

anyone else viewing the photos please use flikr link! ebay link will be dead.
    thank you

So I got a few more response and the odds are against me and its probably a repack.
    If your out there reading repacker, your a super tard! You realize 99% of customer service people don't look that closely at returns for you to take the time to meticulously repack the way you did. And if the did, it's fairly obvious this isn't the same figure. I would have at least used a similar body and masked head of some figure you did like/weren't using to build some silly trooper army. Take your crazy detailed work and use it for something worthwhile.

Scott and PJ thanks for replying once again and please don't think I didn't read and take your info to heart. I thought my odds still weren't too bad when they were 2 to 1.

I hate super tards!

Super weird. But I think the figure looks pretty cool anyway. I have extras of all those parts. I may just do that.

Jeez, those pics really do make it look like a factory thing. Don't blame ya for leaning that way. However, you only took a picture of one side. Does the tape on the other side not look altered or doubled?
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy