Hey guys and gals,
I am brand new to YoJoe Forums, but have been around collectible forums for a long time.... same name on: RebelScum, Statue Marvels, Statue Forums, Sideshow Freaks, and RPF. I mostly hang out on RebelScum as my focus is much towards Star Wars.

Any way, many years ago, I purchased on eBay a replica of a Destro Mask. I am wondering if other people on the forums hear would be able to give me more information than that I already know. I have some information and some idea on a "value", but that is not necessarily what I am interested in... I am more interested in information on this piece. I honestly have NO IDEA what its potential can be, or what information that I can get....

But I believe I have an item that is rare, one of only a handful. Its a prototype of Destro's helmet/mask from GI JOE. It was originally solicited by Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles.

(yeah yeah, I get it... you all have heard this song and dance many times over from people that they have a rare item, etc..... and I know the whole 'its only worth as much as someone is willing to pay' type argument... really I get it... while I may be willing to part with it, I am really looking for more information on it.)

You can see it here in my collection: Collector's Collection Spotlight! (second post, second picture)

And here: Destro mask replica - Statue Forum (you can read through the threads for the story... its only 4 pages)

And other information here: Unproduced: Destro Mask Replica

The Destro Helmet/Mask is a prototype of the one that was solicited by Diamond Select Toys a bunch of years ago... it was never released due to low orders.... I purchased it from the Supervisor of Marketing of Diamond Select Toys..... it is made of solid metal (steel), cold to the touch.... and I should not say "solid" as it is hallow, but it is made from steel.....very cool and very heavy!! (EDIT: it is two pieces of steel welded together.... the front and the back....)

Unfortunately, there is no COA, no nothing.... He said it was a "gift" from DST while he was working there. That when they (DST) decided to scrap the project, the prototypes were given out to employees at DST.... this was one of them. I could not even get an answer from him on how many were actually produced. I "think" (I could be wrong, but I felt like I was bugging him) he was getting un-easy with me as I kept sending him emails asking questions about it. In a nutshell, he told me to look at the website and to put two and two together for the legitimacy of the item (meaning look at his name and contact info on the shipping box, his eBay account info, etc.)

So basically, all I have is a statement from the person I purchased it from that says its legit, and it is the real deal.... He asked me in his email, not to use his name, but you used to be able to find his name on the website. It is not there any longer. I got it from Mike Leavey or Leavy. I still have some of the information printed from the DST website somewhere in my files... when I took screen shots of the website and printed it off. He sold it on eBay a few years ago.... fortunately, I was the winner of the auction.

There are markings on the inside for the date that it was produced and the name of the company that was hired to do the prototypes (not DST).

Any help is appreciated.

Here is the photo of the item: