Serpentor Variant Question

yojoe.com

Serpentor Variant Question

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobra-GI-Joe...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Hi there. I have a nice minty serpentor mail away variant, and his cape is super odd. It is a bright lime green color, with white sewing machine stitching around the hole for his back peg hole. Anyone ever come across one of these? It is the first time I've ever seen one in this color and slight shape difference. I tried to scour the internet for pix, but couldn't find one. Should I increase the price of my listing maybe? I just listed it 8 hours ago and it already has a few watchers...

Thanks, Will

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Can you say homemade cape? Unless it was sealed, no one in their right mind would buy that.

Thanks Mike, I have literally 0 experience with customs and the fabric really threw me off. It is the same exact fabric blend as a regular Serpentor cape (sitting here looking at both, comparing materials). I found out from my friend that I got it from that he got it from a seller named lady.baroness, whom after looking at their feedback and some of their listings, apparently is comfortable selling repros and not advertising as such. I tried contacting them, but they have ignored my request for info. News Flash! Severe price drop incoming!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good for you looking into it.
    That cape material looks nothing like the original fabric though? It looks like felt, the original is very thin and patterned. Plus you can tell it was not even traced from an original. The cuts are wonky on the sides. I'm sure a someone's nice grandma back in the day sewed it up.
    As a note there was a seller on here, female, that made nice replacement capes.

Mike made a good call on this one. Keep us in the loop if you got questions.
    Check out my store: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Nerdiest-Store

For EXTREMELY cheap Joes check us out at www.thenerdieststore.com

Dude you just missed out on the super rare Battle Corps Serpentor with radioactive neon cape!! That figure complete with cape has got to be worth at least as much as a normal 86 version with his cape missing.

Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

Yeah, I derped on this one. Oh well, I paid $30 for it, worth it with the file card to imo

Quote Originally Posted by Net-Viper X View Post
    Dude you just missed out on the super rare Battle Corps Serpentor with radioactive neon cape!! That figure complete with cape has got to be worth at least as much as a normal 86 version with his cape missing.