yojoe.com

G.I.JOE Battleground -ART

Hello,
    I am new here, but a long time G.I.JOE fan.

I need to say this, A BIG BIG THANKS to the guys that run this SITE !!

This site was my go-to when I wanted to design cards and had to use a toy reference. So thank you guys, for making an awesome site that is great for fans and an awesome point of reference for illustrators like me. A BIG THANKS !

I am Concept artist, and Illustrator. One of the games I worked on was G.I.JOE Battleground. I worked as a senior concept and production artist on the title for its entire run, designing and drawing characters, concepts, themes and tiled maps. It is a matter of pride for me that I designed how the characters looked, and what background they appeared in. I am proud of the fact that I designed 99% of all the legendary cards on GIJOE-BG. And that I Hasbro loved my designs of Billy, Firewall, Robot Cobra Commander and Cobra Dusty. Previously all card designs had to be based on toys, but after submitting these concepts, Hasbro gave a resounding approval and relaxed its rule and allowed us the expanded universe of cartoons and comics.

Now, that I no longer work for DeNA, I am finally able to show off the art of G.I.JOE Battleground.

All in all I drew around 115+ characters, and designed around 200+ more.
    One of my main jobs was line artist, my line work had changed more than over the course of the time I was on the title, while earlier it was tight and a bit graphic, as time progressed, it became looser and a bit sketchy. Hence the variation in the style of line-work between the characters. ( Colour Artists like Jarreau Wimberly coloured my line art into something truly beautiful)

All characters were done digitally, on Cintiq and Photoshop.
    Here are some of the characters that I drew. (I'll post more concepts and sketches if people want to see)

I hope to post more. - See more at: ATOMIC HERMIT: G.I.JOE Battleground line Art

Thankyou.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Orange Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Dope!!!!!

Thanks for posting!
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Happy we could be a useful resource for you! And thank you so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomichermit View Post
    Hello,
    I am Concept artist, and Illustrator. One of the games I worked on was G.I.JOE Battleground. I worked as a senior concept and production artist on the title for its entire run, designing and drawing characters, concepts, themes and tiled maps.

Now, that I no longer work for DeNA, I am finally able to show off the art of G.I.JOE Battleground.

All in all I drew around 115+ characters, and designed around 200+ more.

[/URL][/CENTER]
    Needless to say, the art you did was AMAZING! Everyone loved it and I wish it got even more play!
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the kind words.

Just found this tonight, thanks to Skinny.

I'm blown away. Great work!!!