Bad Sellers List

yojoe.com

Bad Sellers List

I was surprised to check this section of the forum to only find a bad buyers list. So I guess I'lll have to start the bad sellers list. Let's get to it.

theshack08 - Tod Moyer

Contacted this seller before bidding on a file card to ask about shipping ($13.80 shipping for a file card?). He assured me that the shipping listed was incorrect and that "for a file card it would not be close to that I can mail that in envelope". Thus assured I bid on and won the item.

Upon winning I immediately messaged the seller to update the invoice so I could make payment. I received no response. I sent another message the next day as well, no response. I sent another message the day after that, and finally received the following reply:
    "Well it has to go first class no other way to track it. So we can cancel the order."

A quick visit to the USPS website revealed that international first class shipping for an envelope of the size that would safely accommodate a file card is $1.42 and not $13.80. I replied to the seller with this information, and reminded the seller that he assured me before bidding that the shipping was incorrect. I receivd no response. I messaged him the next day again asking him to update the invoice so I could pay. No response.

Today he filed an unpaid item claim with eBay. I have called eBay, and after they reviewed my case they assured me that they would remove any strike against my account, but can not do so until the case actually closes. However, I will be unable to leave negative feedback for the seller to warn others of his unscrupulous tactics. I have a distinct suspicion that this is why he has no negative feedback on his account.

After speaking with eBay I sent the seller one final message, giving him the opportunity to set things right. The reply I received was in all caps and had a very combative tone. He attempted to use the Thanksgiving holiday as an excuse for his lack of replies, odd considering this all started 4 days before Thanksgiving. The seller made it abundantly clear he has no intention of making things right, and further that he does not consider him assuring me the shipping would be much lower to be binding in any way.

Screenshots of the entire ordeal can be found here.
    Last edited by Pagz; 11-26-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: updating with additional information.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements