GIJOE 223 ARAH by IDW

yojoe.com

GIJOE 223 ARAH by IDW

*****possible spoilers in thread*****

Cobra kicks its plan into gear.
    A subterfuge plan to set the real plan into motion.
    The Joes are somewhat wise to the real situation with Wendy Ling Torres and Fred.

Is the Fred in the ATC tower Fred191? I cannot tell. If it was I don't see why he would shoot Bright and Cover Girl and not just give in.

Had a giddy moment when Tripwire was used at the nuclear plant.

I am trying to see what purpose all those spec ops officers served? GIJOE has called out massive offensives before.
    "In the spirit of cooperation" perhaps. Maybe this is Hama's way of showing how things have changed since the eighties regarding policies and procedures.

Cobra led the Joes on goose chases and now I think it is time for the Fred series to be retired.

Know what I want to see now?

An investigative reporter reporting on one of these attacks uncovers the Wendy Ling Torres abduction, starts to piece two and two together, digs deeper into things, finds out about GIJOE...GIJOE is outed publicly on a site similar to wikileaks.

This puts the reporter in danger, the Joe team in jeopardy of being disbanded, Cobra operatives go after the reporter...
    and a new character, Cobra PR, is born. At least in the comics. She has been around for a few years.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f1f6df5c9d.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For some reason, this seems like another build-up issue to me. Loved seeing Tripwire, but I'm really waiting for the all-out action to begin! (twiddles thumbs)

Surprised after all the build up how quickly the Fred terrorist attacks were resolved. I regarded the Fred's as Cobra's highest elite, yet here they seem to be used as cannon fodder for some higher scheme. I hoped this storyline might delve deeper into the Fred's and explain things like the reasoning in having them all have the same name and face.

Seems odd that Cobra assigned a Fred to Ling Torres when they're using Fred's to carry out terrorist attacks. It should make it obvious that somebody needs to keep a close eye on her, or at least create some uncomfortable questions for him to answer.
    Last edited by Horst25; 01-16-2016 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling error

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think it would be a really cool story element to say that Cobra is cleaning house and no longer using Freds, that this diversion was their last hurrah.
    Cobra's real aim is to get Wendy in the Oval Office, then turn on her brainwashing programming. Making her a national hero plays into that nicely. If we are getting Cobra Nation in just 3 issues, a lot has to happen to get her into office. An assassination would put the VP into the President chair and so would an impeachment. It must be really close to election time. Is Larry going to skip a few months in the story?

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    I think it would be a really cool story element to say that Cobra is cleaning house and no longer using Freds, that this diversion was their last hurrah.
    Cobra's real aim is to get Wendy in the Oval Office, then turn on her brainwashing programming. Making her a national hero plays into that nicely. If we are getting Cobra Nation in just 3 issues, a lot has to happen to get her into office. An assassination would put the VP into the President chair and so would an impeachment. It must be really close to election time. Is Larry going to skip a few months in the story?
    I hope not. There's too many continuity errors as it is.