What was your first figure to have an Oring snap ?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What was your first figure to have an Oring snap ?

Mine was 1983 destro.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

US NY or Arizona depending on time of year
    Probably my 86 Hawk figure but it was after several years. I had the o-ring on my V1 Crankcase come loose from the thook but it didn't actually snap

I remember '82 Cobra Officer, '83 Destro, and '82 Breaker all breaking; but can't remember which one first. It took me awhile to figure out how to substitute a rubber band inside for a kid fix, and got O-rings for them by the mid '90s. Not sure how many of my collection still have the original O-ring....certainly the ones from 1988 thru 1990 still have them.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Major Bludd. Later repaired with my extra orthodontia rubber brands for my brother's braces.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Major Bludd. Later repaired with my extra orthodontia rubber brands for my brother's braces.
    Hahah....how funny.. I did the same thing. It wasn't nearly as good as a real o-ring, but it was something!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhawk View Post
    Hahah....how funny.. I did the same thing. It wasn't nearly as good as a real o-ring, but it was something!
    I used to use those little rubber bands to secure the guns in the figures' hands. Wrap it around the stock and wrist, so they didn't fall off and get lost during play. Nowadays that's how they are inside the package.

1982 Scarlet. Happened about 3 or 4 months after I got her. I didn't actually replace the rubber band until the late 90's.
    I wouldn't lose any sleep if Fred Durst got shot tommorrow. Kerry King from Slayer

I must have been blessed as a kid because from 1982 - 1988 I never had a single O-ring snap, although my Airborne figure (my favorite joe) had some pretty wobbly legs.
    Nope, my first O-Ring snap occurred 4 months ago when I purchased a used Major Bludd. Took it out of the casing, gave it a little tug and *snap*. Ah well, easy fix.

I would have to say '82 Clutch. Fixed with a little green rubber band the I tied in the middle. Lasted for 20+ years until I got new o rings for him and the other Joes that would fall apart about 3 years ago.
    The Joe Collectin' "Geek"