Question about Storm Shadow v1 white plastic preservation

yojoe.com

Question about Storm Shadow v1 white plastic preservation

I recently acquired a moc v1 Storm Shadow and the white plastic is pristine. I've noticed that even unopened examples often suffer from yellowing, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to prevent that and keep mine white. I had a nice storm shadow loose and stored it to keep it out of the light, but, after a few years, when I looked at it, it had turned completely yellow (I think my mistake was wrapping him in tissue paper). But I'm afraid that this new one I got will yellow over time too. The room I want to display him in currently has muted sunlight, closed blinds and will soon have curtains. Will the muted sunlight affect the figure? If the room is too dry and not humid enough, can that affect the figure? What steps do some of you guys take to make sure your figures (especially storm shadow v1 or snow job) stay in the best condition? I'd like to get your input. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The cause of yellowing still seems to be debated. Some say it's from handling mainly, but yellowing in the bubble would seem to indicate UV. A bit of a mystery. I always keep mine in plastic figure bags in clear bins in a closet or on shelves in storage until they rotate on display. I haven't noticed any change since the '80s in my white figs and blue shirts, and my displays and glass cabinets are away from direct sunlight through the windows. Been lucky I guess?