Good point !

yojoe.com

Thread: Good point !

Good point !

If cobra commander comes with defunct logo, why doesn't cobra and cobra officer ?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by msv View Post
    If cobra commander comes with defunct logo, why doesn't cobra and cobra officer ?
    That's one of those explained mysteries. It is know from the people on the Marvel and Hasbro sides of that first year that the line was designed without a bad guy, because bad guy toys do not sell (yeah right!). And that they needed a Hydra, which became Cobra, and so the 3 Cobra figs were the last to be designed. The early card backs, brochures, and commercials are absent Cobras which supports this. Then by Ron Rudat's recollection, the Cobra Trooper and Cobra Officer were designed and he needed something to do with flag points, so he decided the final figure being developed will be a mail-away. But if Cobra Commander was the last one, why does he have the paint app issue and not the other two? Possible explanations:

* Cobra Commander was not the final figure and Ron Rudat is mis-remembering, so that it was decided early to make him a mail-away and put CC in production first, and the carded Cobra's followed.

* Cobra Commander was last, but pushed forward in production due to the high number of orders that Ron Rudat remembers. So it ended up being produced first.

* The carded Cobras were made first and done properly, but Cobra Commander came later but due to the popularity of the CC offer they had to rush production and so quality control was low because they just needed to get the figures out. So when the paint app problems were ignored or that they sped up production and so the faster pace caused problems?

Are you guys talking about the Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander? I know I bought all of the Joes as quick as they came out, and I had a bunch of Flag Points. So I ended up getting 4 Mickey Mouse Cobra Commanders, and I still have 2. One was lost with time, and my Boxer decided to chew the 3rd one up back around 2005.. I'm glad my last 2 are still Mint...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 4 cobra View Post
    Are you guys talking about the Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander? I know I bought all of the Joes as quick as they came out, and I had a bunch of Flag Points. So I ended up getting 4 Mickey Mouse Cobra Commanders, and I still have 2. One was lost with time, and my Boxer decided to chew the 3rd one up back around 2005.. I'm glad my last 2 are still Mint...
    That's what I assumed, Moustekeer CC. I have two, my brother's and mine. I'm not sure when the offer came up. My memory is reading an article in 6th grade about GI Joe coming back as small action figures, and remember a grainy pic of two of the Joes. I know I got Breaker during the summer, and Flash after that. Then I remember my August birthday getting several Joe vehicles. We must have gotten ordered CC sometime after that. I know we got ours and then some weeks later got the post card in the mail for Major Bludd that was sent out to everyone who ordered a CC. I think Zap was the last one I got after that because I only had him in swivel arm and not straight arm.