Loose head after replacing o-ring?

yojoe.com

Loose head after replacing o-ring?

Anyone ever have this experience before?

I just put a brand new o-ring on Falcon and he was all nice and tight, but the next day he his head was super wobbly. I took him apart, everything looked fine, and I put him back together. The head is a little better now, but not near as tight as it was before the new o-ring, or immediately after.

What went wrong?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Maybe you used a thinner o-ring.

Maybe the dirt and detritus of age was keeping the neck stiff in the joint.
    Founder/Owner of OG13.com (A Community for Collectors)
    Owner of OGToys, at www.ogtoys.com/ (we buy and sell toys!)

I feel your pain

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I tried two methods I saw elsewhere. One was plumber's tape around the neck, the second was a coat of clear nail polish on the neck. Same result. Head was no longer wobbly, but the chest won't exactly go back together completely. When Falcon raises his arms you can see a slight gap between the chest pieces.

This really sucks.

Yeah, I've had the same issue with some of the ball jointed neck figures. If I can get the chest completely seated so there is no seam along the sides, then I do the clear nail polish you mentioned (i have it handy, I use it on my nails because it makes them stronger when working on the car or other projects I have a tendency to rip a nail off on). If the chest is not completely closing up, the new O-ring is too thick or just interfering with it. Maybe some stretching of the O-ring beforehand might make it fit better? They are pretty tight when new.

You might have partially stripped the screw hole. Trying a different screw may help.
    ForceFull1's Cheap Joes and Transformers
    http://forcefull1.weebly.com/

My solution to wobbly joints is always just using scotch tape. It's easy to acquire, you probably already have it, and whatever you do can be undone. Just wrap a layer or two around the ball joint. Not enough? Add more. Too much? Peel off and try again.