Recoils Birthplace is an Error

yojoe.com

Recoils Birthplace is an Error

So I live in Washington and my mother is from Vashon Island. When I read Recoils birthplace on his file it said he was born in Fashon Island, Washington. There is no Fashon Island here in the Puget Sound or anywhere in our state which leads me to believe that the creator heard about Vashon but thought it was Fashon. Too late to fix it though. Lifeline is from Seattle, Wa, I'm trying to find out what other G.I Joes are from my state or Alaska which I'm originally from.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Interesting, none of them from Kansas City Mo.
    I wouldn't lose any sleep if Fred Durst got shot tommorrow. Kerry King from Slayer

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Larry Hama has spoken about this, most of the locations were on the East Coast because Hasbro employees would use towns where they lived or their uncle lived etc. He began to see that pattern and changed things up.
    He helped spread out the team across the US.

Larry Hama has spoken about this, most of the locations were on the East Coast because Hasbro employees would use towns where they lived or their uncle lived etc. He began to see that pattern and changed things up.
    I see one in Lawrence Kansas. Must have had a Jayhawk on his staff.
    I wouldn't lose any sleep if Fred Durst got shot tommorrow. Kerry King from Slayer

The different hometowns are pretty interesting. When I started collecting Joes again a few years ago, the first ones I tried to get were the ones from Iowa. Then you find out other odd facts like Windchill v1 is from Cedar Rapids and Windchill v2 is still named Jim, but with a different last name and from Scotland! But I still got both versions with their respective vehicles. Or Hit and Run is from my hometown of Sioux City, but for the UK version of Tiger Force Hit and Run, they changed his first name and he is from Essex, UK. Haven't added that version yet. Still don't have the 2009 Convention Blades either, where they gave him a hometown of Riverside, IA compared to the original Palitoy Action Force version which just places him in the Midwestern United States.

Interesting... I've always been surprised more Joes weren't from South Carolina, considering the large military presence here (Charleston Naval Yard, Parris Island, Ft Jackson, Shaw AFB, etc.). But this makes sense.