Official - Off Topic Look at what I just got or have thread - Page 31

yojoe.com

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Skull View Post
    Really great stuff here, I've always wanted a few of those Muscle figures, just a simple cool 80's toy!!

I got these recently

Cool stuff.

I happened by your review for the giant He-Man figure last week, which is great. I was searching for a review on YouTube after I noticed the price of the giant MOTU figures were lowered at Matty Collector from $75.00 to $56.25 each. They're pretty appealing at that price.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I got some new recruits for Cobra (Minus the flag.) courtesy of Marauder "Gun-Runners", which are actually their highly modular Task Force figures. I got extra gear for them, too, so I can play around and see what configurations I like best. I got three of these guys in tan, too, for free as a part of their sale. This is a sample purchase for me. I like them and I'll be buying more. I have an idea for some Joes I'd like to make out of them and I want to get some of their figures in green with camouflage.

Anyone that hasn't looked into these yet, should check out generaljoes.com's review here: http://generalsjoes.com/2015/06/12/g...er-task-force/ They're pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Alchemist; 05-06-2016 at 05:30 PM.

I felt that Rock 'N Roll got some not so great 25th Sculpt figures. I'm not sure what Hasbro is going to do with the concept case one that was shown quite awhile ago. In any case, I made my own modern one out of a Task Force figure to fit in with my PoC/30th/Retaliation style Joes. I got him a helmet, too, but I think the field cap looks best. I, also, bought him an extra machine gun because why not?

I think I might make a modern Breaker next. Man, do those Task Force figures rule! No Joes at retail this year? Well, I know what I'll be collecting.

On a somewhat related note, I finally got rid of some of my excess stuff, so I can feel good about picking up some new stuff. That's how collecting needs to work for me or else I just feel like I have too much and I don't want to collect anything new, which isn't fun.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    I got some new recruits for Cobra (Minus the flag.) courtesy of Marauder "Gun-Runners", which are actually their highly modular Task Force figures. I got extra gear for them, too, so I can play around and see what configurations I like best. I got three of these guys in tan, too, for free as a part of their sale. This is a sample purchase for me. I like them and I'll be buying more. I have an idea for some Joes I'd like to make out of them and I want to get some of their figures in green with camouflage.

Anyone that hasn't looked into these yet, should check out generaljoes.com's review here: http://generalsjoes.com/2015/06/12/g...er-task-force/They're pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    I felt that Rock 'N Roll got some not so great 25th Sculpt figures. I'm not sure what Hasbro is going to do with the concept case one that was shown quite awhile ago. In any case, I made my own modern one out of a Task Force figure to fit in with my PoC/30th/Retaliation style Joes. I got him a helmet, too, but I think the field cap looks best. I, also, bought him an extra machine gun because why not?

I think I might make a modern Breaker next. Man, do those Task Force figures rule! No Joes at retail this year? Well, I know what I'll be collecting.

On a somewhat related note, I finally got rid of some of my excess stuff, so I can feel good about picking up some new stuff. That's how collecting needs to work for me or else I just feel like I have too much and I don't want to collect anything new, which isn't fun.
    Good stuff!

I've wanted to put together a Maraud-Squad since the launch, but I've found them to be cost-prohibitive, cuz I'm already "in debt" with the FSS stuff. Seems I missed a recent BOGO promo?
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

^ Kind of. They had a sale where, I think it was, every $30.00 get a free figure with your choice of head gear, vest, and head. They were only in certain colors, though, so I went with tan. I have not outfitted them yet. I haven't decided if I want to make tan Troopers out of them or Vipers. I might even turn one of them into a modern Major Bludd figure.

I ordered another Task Force figure, which I made into a modern Grand Slam. I like the way it came out.

Welp, I joined the Combiner Wars Transformers Groove train, and have begun my own take on the extra gestalt known as Betatron. I plan to have a fully-assembled team made up of:
    -Scattershot
    -Groove
    -Botcon 2016 Tigatron and Unit-3
    -Takara Transformers Adventure Dogfight
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	61376

I was taking a trip down memory lane today and looking at photos on CD-Rs. I found some old photos from my toy collection that I took fifteen years ago for a Yahoo! Group. Here's some of them:

The initial MOTU Commemorative line. I still got them in minty fresh condition:

400+ MUSCLE figures. I've since sold off my extra flesh colored ones:

Monster In My Pocket figures by Matchbox. I auctioned them of in the mid 00's.

My Star Wars POTF2 figures. I still have 'em. A lot of people think they're worthless, but I think they're good enough for Star Wars figures and they've kept me from buying more Star Wars stuff, which is something I really don't want to get into.

The very hard to find Rocks & Bugs & Things toys by Ideal. These got auctioned off a longtime ago along with their boxes. I got quite a lot for them:

The two vehicles from Mattel's GUTS line. I still have them along with all of the figures.

And, that's it for now. I've got some more. I'm, also, in the middle of restoring an old hard drive from 2000 to 2008. I hope I can get it to work. It'll be interesting to see what it holds. The thing's like a time capsule.

I just picked up this guy at a toy show. He was in a lot that I picked up. I have no idea who is and cant id him in the Yo Joe database.

Last edited by jaicon; 06-13-2016 at 09:53 AM. Reason: photo edit

Quote Originally Posted by jaicon View Post
    I just picked up this guy at a toy show. He was in a lot that I picked up. I have no idea who is and cant id him in the Yo Joe database.

That's because, to paraphrase Dustin Hoffman inRain Man, it's a custom, definitely, definitely a custom.