Official - Off Topic Look at what I just got or have thread - Page 32

yojoe.com

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast
    Seriously a custom?? Damn this is a great looking figure. Glad I got him

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, it happened. I started collecting Star Wars figures again for the first time in almost twenty years. I just want to finish off my POTF2 collection. Not with everything version of every character. Just with figures of characters I don't have. I was the most happy to get Zuckuss because now I have all of the bounty hunters.

I got a MOTU Draego-Man figure. As far as MOTU Classics go, the only other ones I have besides this one are the ones that were released at retail in the DC VS MOTU packs. I got this one because it looks awesome and I've wanted one since its release.

And, I got a couple of my favorite MUSCLE figures in dark blue.

I just added these to my Star Wars collection. I don’t have many POTF2 figures left to collect now. I’m glad I kept all of the ones I got in the 90’s. I got all of these ones from one seller with free shipping and 10% off. One of the things that I like about the POTF2 figures is that the paint applications are really nice on them. They have nicely painted eyes, hairlines, etc. The way that the weathering is done on a lot of them looks good. It’s like it’s sprayed or airbrushed on.

The Chewie I already had, but I got a pull apart C3PO that can be carried on him in the net thingy.

I really like the Bespin Luke and the Vader with the removable helmet. Both figures have removable hands in keeping with the movies.

And, I got a Battleground Evil-Lyn, which combines her vintage look with the 200X’s colors. I got her in the same order as the Star Wars figures. She has an extra head sculpt and accessories. She’s another one of those MOTU Classics figures like Draego-Man that’s too cool not to have.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I got another lot of Star Wars POTF2 figures in. There are only a few left from the line that I want and I'm not planning on getting any from any other line with the exception of a Jabba. The POTF2 one is based on the CGI one and I don't think it looks good on display with his goons. I'll have to figure out which one will look best with the POTF2 figures.

I, also, added a MOTU Classics Moss Man to my collection. His extra head is rolling around in the box. It gives me an excuse to open him and I will at some point. I've wanted a Moss Man figure since the 80's, but for whatever the reason, I never got around to getting one until now. I've heard from reviews that this one smells of strongly of pine. I can smell it through the package.

I got these in today from Super7. The packaging blew me away. Best I've seen since the 80's.

Series 2 of these is already out.

More of their MOTU/M.U.S.C.L.E. figures are coming out. Some of their SDCC exclusive packs went up for sale at their site. Colored ten packs are now up for sale.

I got another order in from Super7 today:

I just got a UK only gaucho figure. He is in rough condition but it's my first international figure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	61469

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    I got another order in from Super7 today:

You're killing me with this stuff!!!
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
    You're killing me with this stuff!!!
    I got into a serious thing there buying stuff after getting rid of some things! Stuff comes in, stuff goes out, but a least stuff is going out now!

Anyway, I completed my reorganization project yesterday after assembling my new shelving unit from Uline, which arrived on Tuesday. I had to dismantle two old cabinets to make way for it, which used to contain my collections, but were highly inefficient due to having only a shelf apiece in them. That was a lot of work. I got my collections reorganized, re-boxed, labeled, and then shelved. I, also, have four half sized plastic totes filled with Joe vehicles (I'm probably going to work on those next to make 'em more accessible.), a dresser filled with 1/32nd scale armor, as well as two long bins containing more armored vehicles and one that contains MOTU stuff.

My new shelving unit and the end result of my project:

I'm planning on sticking a display case between the shelving unit and my bookshelf.

I like how accessible everything is now. The boxes stacked three high are perfect for sliding them on and off of the shelves.

My last toy purchase for 2016 (Well, unless I get myself into a TRU on time to catch the new Joe line.) Toy Soldiers of San Diego's Vietnam War toy soldiers. I bought two bags of each set, which contain sixteen figures in eight poses per bag.

US Marines:

NVA Soldiers:

This was my first toy soldier purchase in over a year. A good one, I might add. Interesting to see plastic figures finally get made in that scale for that War. I gotta get my APCs out from 21st Century Toys to go with them.