This ever happen to you?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This ever happen to you?

Have you ever gotten a great deal on ebay only to have it ruined because the seller didn't pack the item right? This just happened to me. I won a BF2000 Vindicator near mint complete and a Tiger Shark near mint near complete. I won the auction for 1.04. Even with the 7.00 shipping, I am thinking this is a great deal. I wasn't interested in the Vindicator and was going to resell it. But I have been looking for the tiger shark for a while. Each time I have bid on an auction, I get sniped at the last second. So I send the money promptly and wait and wait and wait. Well the box finally shows up today. The bottom is ripped off and the tiger shark is nowhere to be found. All of the vindicator missiles are gone and part of it is crushed. To say I am p.o.ed is an understatement. I am sorry the auction didn't go for more, I had bid a lot more but no one else was bidding. But that is no excuse for shoddy packing. I paid 7.00 shipping. That should have been enough to send them priority. In the ad for the items, it said insurance was included in the shipping. There is no sign of insurance being purchased on the box. I emailed the seller, but in reality what am I going to get back, 1.04. So I paid 7.00 for a crushed vindicator I didn't want in the first place. This is the reason I am spending less and less on ebay. Sky high shipping prices with less than shoddy packing. I am so glad this forum is available, so now I can get my Joes and vehicles and decent prices and fair shipping. To those who I have bought from, I appreciate what you do more and more each day. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i would assume this has happened to everyone, i know it has numerous times to me, and there isnt much you can do about it, because the seller will blame the post office and post office if a claim is filed will drag it out till your to tired to deal with it anyways, take it as a loss and be happy it was so cheap, because when it happens to me its the expensive stuff

Thats one of the reasons why I don't ever go the ebay route. I've heard so many horror stories. I only trade with well known traders here on yojoe.
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra-Loyalist
    Thats one of the reasons why I don't ever go the ebay route. I've heard so many horror stories. I only trade with well known traders here on yojoe.

do you find the traders here have what your looking for, i find they dont want to sell the stuff im looking for more than half the time, and the no online stores do either, and ebay seems to be the only place to find things the majority of the time

is it that you just wait it out, im very impatiant, if i find it on ebay first thats where i buy

i have had some very very nice people here on the boards help me out a great deal

drew hagerty has been tremendous, kevin watts, ron conner, gijoeHQ - curt, hector the collector, and bill leach

if your looking for good traders here id start with them imo they are the best of the best mostly cause they are the ones i deal with, but id assume everyone else is just as great

I once got a 1982 figure MOSC shipped in a padded envelope!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraghostship
    I once got a 1982 figure MOSC shipped in a padded envelope!
    You're lucky, my MOSC Flint was shipped to me in an envelope without padding. It had a nice crease down the center of it. and enough dings on the edges to make me furious.
    Last edited by zark1976; 04-10-2007 at 01:12 AM.

I once got a Terrordrome for about $80 shipped, it was missing some parts but not many. Unfortunately the seller just threw the parts into a box with no padding (The Ramparts were detatched when he did this)

Here's how the Ramparts faired:

I have been on the sellers side of this before though. I sold all my 80's Transformers comics on ebay. I packed them into a box. With 44 comics in one pile wrapped in bubble wrap and 40 comics in the other pile wrapped in bubble wrap, then I put both stacks in the box with pelnty of padding around them. When the buyer got the box it was half it's size and missing one of the stacks of comics (The one with the last half of the series too ) All the buyer got from the post office was a note basically saying "Our bad, here's what we could find" I currently have an investigation going on to recover the comics or get a claim paid to the buyer

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    I once got a Terrordrome for about $80 shipped, it was missing some parts but not many. Unfortunately the seller just threw the parts into a box with no padding (The Ramparts were detatched when he did this)

Here's how the Ramparts faired:

One of the Terrordromes I bought last year was packed the same way, Both of the ramparts faird just about as good as yours did. I even specifically emailed the seller after I won the lot and asked him to package the Ramparts good. His Idea of of good packing was shoving the Terrordrm in one big box and took a 1' by 4' piece of bubblewrap and ballingit up and sticking it in the middle where the silo was so the box top would cave in.

Personally, I'm leaving negative feedback for that seller. I mean how hard is it to pack a simple box?

Secondly that's why I always make sure that ebayers know that I always ship including insurance. I want no problems either way. Anyone that doesn't offer insurance is a sign of problems waiting to happen.
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

That sucks. I make my living selling stuff on ebay and I'm extremely anal about packing. It drives me nuts when people are so lazy (or cheap) to not properly pack what you've won.