The Corps! (New 3 3/4" Action Figures) Out Now!

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Corps! (New 3 3/4" Action Figures) Out Now!

Well went to my local Wal-Mart today and they just had stocked. They put out a New series of 2008 The Corps! 3 3/4" action figures. These are all the new style figures if anyone here collects them beside me?

Here is the run down what is in the New Line?

(Terra Team) Specialized Land Assault Unit
    1. Alex Brody "Rucker"
    2. Zander Baptiste "Crash"
    3. Lukas Jorgen "Ice"

(Sea Squad) Specialized Sea Combat Unit
    1. Sean O' Brian "Sparks"
    2. Carlos Perez "Gills"
    3. Marcus Dundee "Rip"

(Flying Force) Specialized Air Assault Unit
    1. Elliott Reaver "Eagle Eye"
    2. Ivan Lushka "Condor"
    3. Billy Johnson "Jump"

(Covert Command) Specialized Deep Cover Unit
    1. Gerard Rainer "Fixer"
    2. Hugo Ortiz "Shadow"
    3. Hiro Nomura "Ghost"

(Marauders) Arch Enemies of The Corps!
    1. Arturo Zorin "Ravage"
    2. Victor Rokav "Vulture"
    3. Simon Crill "Plague"

Lanard has a New Web site listed for them also...

WWW.THECORPSHQ.COM

But at this time it says that the site is under Construction! So i guess they haven't got it ready just yet? Very Odd!

15 New Figures for 2008. WOW! And the most strangest part is that for the first time in The Corps! History that Lanard finally made some Bad Guys for The Corps! to fight. Sure so far they only made 3 Bad Guys for this series. And 12 Good Guys! Seems like the Bad guys are way out numbered here. Hmmm! But a first in Lanard History to make some bad guys in the 3 3/4" figure line.

I picked up what Wal-Mart had so far of these new figures but they only had three different two-packs available at this store. So that is only 6 of the New figures i got so far. And their is 15 New figures out total in this series.

So has anyone else found these yet? And if so what ones did you find so far? Did you find only the three two-packs like i found or did you find more of them? Let me know?

I will most likely add these to my Corps! web site later when i get all 15 of These New Figures.

So let me know what you think of this New series and what you have found if any so far?

Go Corps!
    By: Captain-DC
    02/05/2008
    -
    New 2-Packs
    -
    New 3-Packs
    -
    All 15 of The New Corps! action figures by Lanard are out! Collect Them All...
    -
    Post Updated: 03/12/2008
    Last edited by Captain-DC; 03-12-2008 at 02:14 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Did they change the body style? I used to get Corps! figures when they were styled like ARAH Joes, but stopped after they changed them to t-crotch styling.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

Quote Originally Posted by samluvsjoes
    Did they change the body style? I used to get Corps! figures when they were styled like ARAH Joes, but stopped after they changed them to t-crotch styling.
    Sam
    The New style are the T-Bar figures. They been making the T-Bar style figures since 2003. And they just released 15 New Characters for 2008 and they are all the T-Bar style.

They will never go back O-Ring figure molds.

Lanard made the T-Bar figures in the style that the G.I.Joe's were at the time. Hasbro went to T-Bar style G.I.Joe's and so Lanard went in that direction as well. But Hasbro later changed their figures back to O-Ring. Lanard most likely will never do O-Ring figures again. And i don't like replaceing O-Rings all the time. And with the T-Bar nothing has to be replaced.

And we know now what style the figures for the 25th G.I.Joe's are that they also don't use any O-Rings! But that style would cost more to produce and Lanard likes to have cheap production costs and they sell their figures at a lower price than what we have to pay for our G.I.Joe's. So i don't think Lanard would copy the style of the 25th style G.I.Joe's in this case. They would be to expensive for what they like to make.

So if your not into the T-Bar figures then you won't want these as that is what they make now. And nothing else.

Of course allot of people buy Chap Mei figures alsoand those are also T-Bar figures and they have less poseability than The Corps! But they are highly detailed. You can't say that with the current 25th G.I.Joe's as the bodies on most of them lack really any Detail at all. So what were paying for with the G.I.Joe's is not Detail but for all that Articulation they have becuase that is all the 25th G.I.Joe's have got going for them. Nothing far as Details. Their really plain looking in this case.

02/05/2008

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey Captain!

Could you post a picture of those new CORPS! figures here?
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain-DC
    The New style are the T-Bar figures. They been making the T-Bar style figures since 2003. And they just released 15 New Characters for 2008 and they are all the T-Bar style.

They will never go back O-Ring figure molds.

Lanard made the T-Bar figures in the style that the G.I.Joe's were at the time. Hasbro went to T-Bar style G.I.Joe's and so Lanard went in that direction as well. But Hasbro later changed their figures back to O-Ring. Lanard most likely will never do O-Ring figures again. And i don't like replaceing O-Rings all the time. And with the T-Bar nothing has to be replaced.

And we know now what style the figures for the 25th G.I.Joe's are that they also don't use any O-Rings! But that style would cost more to produce and Lanard likes to have cheap production costs and they sell their figures at a lower price than what we have to pay for our G.I.Joe's. So i don't think Lanard would copy the style of the 25th style G.I.Joe's in this case. They would be to expensive for what they like to make.

So if your not into the T-Bar figures then you won't want these as that is what they make now. And nothing else.

Of course allot of people buy Chap Mei figures alsoand those are also T-Bar figures and they have less poseability than The Corps! But they are highly detailed. You can't say that with the current 25th G.I.Joe's as the bodies on most of them lack really any Detail at all. So what were paying for with the G.I.Joe's is not Detail but for all that Articulation they have becuase that is all the 25th G.I.Joe's have got going for them. Nothing far as Details. Their really plain looking in this case.

02/05/2008
    Cool, thanks!
    I don't care for the t-crotch figures primarily because I like my figures to be able to kick like a normal human being. Now, if they were t-crotch but had a swivel where they could kick out to the side, I'd be fine with that.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

I saw these at Wally today (the same ones you grabbed), and I was pretty excited. After more than a few years of Lanard not changing anything, it was great to see new packaging, new figures (somewhat- still some old body molds), and some new, vibrant colors. And new head molds! I would have prefered they go back to the o-ring style, but at less than $2 a two-pack, I'm not really complaing. I can't wait to see the rest of the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Erick
    Hey Captain!

Could you post a picture of those new CORPS! figures here?
    I can try? But i was hoping to get all 15 figures first. And i only have the three 2-Packs and that inly gives me 6 figures so far. So i'm still looking for the other 9 figures yet. It was strange that they only shipped so far these three 2-packs and not the rest. hmmm. They are making us wait for the others at this point.

Maybe they released only these 6 figures now as a sneak preview of what they are coming up with for now? After all why would they list a new web site on the back of these cards. And yet right now that new web site is Under Construction at this point? It would seem like they would of had the new web site up and ready by the time that these new figures were to be released. Very Odd!

Just strange to me.

I'll see what i can do for now with these. And get back to you then about the pictures of these for now. They are really nice. The heads on these are really detailed. Very Nice!

And the three Bad Guys for them to fight is a start. Since they never really had any Bad guys made before. It's just to bad they only went with three bad guys out of 15 figures at least they could of done 6 bad guys or so. But 3 and the rest are good guys. So 12 good guys Vs. 3 Bad Guys. Seems like the Bad guys wouldn't stand a Chance!

He! He!

To bad they didn't at least say make a Bad guy like Trooper that way you could of at least had a small army of Troopers to build the bad guys with. He! He! I guess they didn't think of that yet.

I'm surprised that they even named these figures. That haven't been naming the figures for awhile now. The last new figures they put names on were the 2003 Commando Force figures. And then they made the four new sub teams in 2005 and none of those were given names. BooHoo! So that was like 9 Figures back in that set that didn't get any names at all. Shame on Them! I think they all need names for crying out loud.

What is odd also with these is that they have the code name part and then they also used a File Name so they gave them a full name and a Code Name they go by. This also is very odd on Lanard's part. He! He!

Did anyone here pay attn: to these Code Name's?

01. Rucker
    02. Crash
    03. Ice
    04. Sparks
    05. Gills
    06. Rip
    07. Eagle Eye
    08. Condor
    09. Jump
    10. Fixer
    11. Shadow
    12. Ghost
    13. Ravage
    14. Vulture
    15. Plague

Rip? I wonder if that is to be called Rip or if it was more like R.I.P. He! He! It just says RIP so they don't use the other wording so makes you wonder?

Funny Sparks? Look at what name they used here? I G.I.Joe name from the old cartoon series. That was never made as a Figure for G.I.Joe until last's years G.I.Joe 2007 Convention set. Just odd!

Oh and lets not forget this one? Eagle Eye? Another name used for old G.I.Joe 12" figures back in the 1970's... So i wonder where they came up with that name? He! He!

Ravage i know was an old Transformer name back in the 1980's. So maybe Hasbro don't have rights to that name now. He! He!

They have drawings on the card back showing cartoon like characters pictured on the card back. They didn't picture the actual figures this time. This is also very odd on Lanard's part they haven't shown drawings like that since the Original Series of The Corps! But those were first done back then as Black and White. And these Drawings are all in Color. So i like that part.

Rucker reminds me by his Drawing on the cardback looks a little like the UK version of Action Man.

Crash on the other hand his drawing reminds me allot of the Original G.I.Joe Colton with the Beard. So i like that part. I always wanted Hasbro make Joe with his Beard. I know they did make a Bearded Joe a fews years go as a new style figure in the 6 packs. But still the head they used for that one was just a Stalker head. And it sure didn't look anything like the Original Joe with his beard. They should made the 1994 Head for the Action Pilot and add a Beard to that and we would of had an Original Bearded Joe in that case. But no Hasbro didn't do that. BooHoo!

The others drawings look good to. Some look like they came from a Cartoon series or a Comic book. Some look like characters we have seen in a comic somewhere. He! He! More G.I.Joe like they seem like from DDP Comics He! He!

Another odd thing is that the 3 Bad guys they all have Crimson Red on them. Two of them are all Crimson Red Outfits. And the other ones has Grey pants and Grey Sleeves but is Vest is a Crimson Red color. So these Bad Guys use a Crimson Red as their Main Colors. Again Very Odd!

Sure we know Cobra's main color theme is Blue. But the Crimson Guards are not what Cobra is known for using. But Still!

And if someone wanted to use these new heads for any customs? The Rucker head would make a Good head for an UK Action Man also. It just reminds me way to much of what Action Man has looked like in the UK at times. Of course the UK has had many different versions of Action Man over the years but still this looks like he could of been Action Man to me. He! He!

Well i'll see what i can do with the pictures of these for now. Go Corps!

02/05/2008

The Corps! (Rival Face-Off)

The Corps! (Rival Face-Off)
    -
    Rucker vs. Ravage
    -
    Eagle Eye vs. Vulture
    -
    Rip vs. Plague
    -
    Ok That is the Pictures of the New Series So Far!

Now let me know what you think of these New Figures Sets?

Go Corps!
    02/06/2008
    -
    New 2008 3-Packs
    -
    Don't forget to check out the new one's here also. Go Corps!
    Last edited by Captain-DC; 03-12-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Wow, the figures do look like they have alot of detail. But I only use corps! figures that had o-rings, because the only joes I collect are from 82-87. So they have to be built the same. I havn't even touched the 25th line yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone
    Wow, the figures do look like they have alot of detail. But I only use corps! figures that had o-rings, because the only joes I collect are from 82-87. So they have to be built the same. I havn't even touched the 25th line yet.
    yep figures with Details have come along way since the 1980's...

It was really first started way back in 1997 with a Company by the name of Chap Mei They were really the first ones i'd seen that came out with some nice highly detailed figures. But those didn't have the Arcticulation that The Corps! have now. But the Detail was very nice back in 1997 and even today Chap Mei is making new figures and they are all highly detailed. I say more detail the better.

I think the Detail on the Chap Mei figures is what pushed Hasbro back in 2002 to redo the style of the G.I.Joe figures and make the G.I.Joe vs Cobra series at that time. They had the Detail and more poseable than the Chap Mei figures. But people didn't like them being one too Bulky... And then the T-Bar thing! Oh-Well.

And due to Hasbro coming out with the 2002 new style figures. Then Lanard jumped the gun and went ahead and made a new series of The Corps! made in that New Style! And ever since then they have kept the New Stlye and only make the New Style figures now. The days of the O-Ring figures are long gone.

So if your into O-Ring figures you would have to stick with the 1980's... As the 2000's the O-Rings don't seem to have a future.

Go Corps!