yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    net viper were you going to scan this one the "gold" version? that would be cool as I dont have that.
    YOJOE.COM | Filecard Gallery - Steel Brigade

Yes, its the one with the gold head and the blue arms and legs. I have two of the silver head version somewhere, but they must be in one of the cabinets I cant get too without some major trouble.

Here is that file sheet, I left the text on it so you could add it to your compilation. Since I already had some original tan steel brigades and this one was dark blue, I ordered him as a Cobra. This was before I found the actual Create a Cobra offer. This is a direct scan and its quite a bit brighter than the actual sheet. Its huge too!
    http://home.centurytel.net/netviperx...BrigFileV2.jpg

Here is a blank one that I enhanced a bit to appear closer to the original colors of the sheet. For a flawless look I would need to partially recreate the sheet by adding new black lines and such, and this would take a while, but I can if you need it.
    http://home.centurytel.net/netviperx...ileV2Blank.jpg

Here is one I had blanked out with some alternate text, to show how close to the original it looks with the dot matrix font. WARNING: If your squeamish, easily offended, or have no sense of humor, probably should not read this.
    http://home.centurytel.net/netviperx.../GASMASTER.jpg

Here is the Dot Matrix font I used.
    DotMatrix.ttf

I used to have a complete reworked template that I could print on dot matrix paper as a background, then put that paper into my old 80's amiga computer and print the text on with an actual dot matrix printer and it made a flawless repro of these sheets. Then my old hard drive died and what do you know, those files never got backed up to a disc... go figure.

I will dig around, I'm 95% certain I should have some offers for the Create a Cobra figure somewhere here at my place. I can't help on the actual file sheet, since when I ordered they were out of stock and I got substitute items for him. Never have aquired one since, as all the complete ones seem to cost a fortune. Considering the size of my Cobra collection, I'm actually kinda embarassed not to have one, and will need to rememdy that at some point.

I'll post up a pic of the Cobra order form soon as I can dig it up, shouldnt take too long.

If you want me to remaster that gold helmet file sheet so its looks nice and crispy, let me know and I will make it happen. Might take a few days depending on how busy I am over the weekend but I will get it done.

EDIT: I changed the pics to links since the size was deforming the layout of the page.
    Last edited by Net-Viper X; 05-29-2011 at 05:31 AM.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

Chad Ghost over on Joe customs is doing something similar it looks like he is trying to set up a filecard generator just like they have for the regular cards. This was posted in that topic thread over there:
    http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/dow...9211&mode=view

so now all we need would be the questions and the traits abilities and personality blurbs.

I found a Create a Cobra sheet here, and also found one for the gold head Steel Brigade, probably the same as the silver head, but here it is anyway.

Create A Cobra

Steel Brigade Gold Head
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

create a cobra blank:
    steel brigade :: createacobrablank.jpg picture by blowtorch84 - Photobucket

I whitened it but I dont know if it was originally white.

Create A Cobra paragraphs

TRAITS:
    (insert name all caps) likes to make his own decisions, takes sole credit for his actions if they are successful. Thinks of himself before his comrades, a typical trait for most Cobra soldiers.

ABILITIES:
    Big decisions give ( insert name all caps) the feeling of power he constantly craves. Always trying to move up the Cobra ranks, he’s not afraid to give orders to fellow troopers.

PERSONALITY:
    G.I. Joe soldiers are respected as fearless fighters, but if there’s one Cobra capable of causing them to think twice about attacking, (insert name all caps) is the one.

Thanks Skinny,
    Can't wait to re-do my old ones! What were the original dimensions of the Steel Brigade FC? Mine appears distorted when I work on it.
    Cheers!

here is a go at a new 2013 form:

This still pisses me off to this day. I filled out the form, mailed it in and never received my Steel Brigade.

DAMN YOU HASBRO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    create a cobra blank:
    steel brigade :: createacobrablank.jpg picture by blowtorch84 - Photobucket

I whitened it but I dont know if it was originally white.
    Love this project. The original is more gray than white.