blank original steel brigade form

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

blank original steel brigade form

hey everyone, I was inspired by the "what is the name of your steel brigade" thread.
    so I scanned my original and worked on this in photoshop.

I made a blank form of the original
    now all you have to do is type in the data.

I will start with the data that was on mine and the example on yojoe please PM me and I will add the different paragraphs
    all the weapons etc were just what you checked off on the original set up form so those should be easy to fill in.
    Last edited by skinny; 05-28-2011 at 03:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

service branch choices:
    army navy air force marines coast guard

primary military specialties check one:
    Infantry
    Medic
    Airborne
    Pilot
    Intelligence
    SEAL
    Artillery
    Armor
    Communications
    Jungle Warfare
    Special Forces
    Martial Arts
    secondary specialty check one
    Computers
    Drill Instructor
    Rifle Instructor
    Laser Weapons
    Combat Engineer
    Gunners Mate
    Counter-Espionage
    Radar
    Electronics
    Machinist
    Frogman

Weapons Expert Check two:
    M-16
    XM-76 Grenade Launcher
    M-2 Browning Cal Heavy Machine Gun
    LAW Rocket System
    XMLR-3A Laser Rifle
    UZI
    M-7 Flamethrower
    Reflex Crossbow
    M-11 Sub-Machine Gun
    M-6D
    M-1911AT Auto Pistol
    M-32 Pulverizer
    Expert all NATO & Warsaw Pact Small Arms

Martial Arts Expert check two:
    Tai Kwan Do
    Kung-Fu
    Jujitsu
    Zen Sword
    Karate
    Throwing Stars

Schooling/Training check three
    Airborne School
    Recondo School
    Special Forces School
    Ranger School
    Flight Warrant Officers
    Jungle Warfare
    Desert Training
    SEAL School
    Miliary Intelligence School
    Emergency Medicine School
    Last edited by skinny; 05-28-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added categories

Prestige Elite typeface abilities replies

ABILITIES
    (insert name all caps)’s instinct for survival as well as his strength and determination make him one of the most valuable men on the team. He has the will to sustain even the most treacherous conditions, plus a working knowledge of guerilla and jungle tactics.
    ABILITIES
    When the heat is on, (insert name all caps) gives his best performance. His fellow officers are often in awe of his quick response to explosive situations and his ability to diffuse them.
    ABILITIES:
    (insert name all caps) has an extraordinarily bright mind. His skillful calculations and strategic planning by the book enable his team to always be one step ahead of the Cobra forces.
    ABILITIES:
    (insert name all caps)’s spirit and intense energy level motivate the rest of the team. When battle erupts, (insert name in all caps) is always at the front of the line, ready for whatever is necessary to defend and protect his country.
    Last edited by skinny; 05-28-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: modifying

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Personality forms

PERSONALITY:
    (insert name all caps) is in a league by himself. There is no obstacle too great for him as he forges ahead to defeat the Cobra forces. His fellow soldiers are often left trailing behind this natural athlete.

PERSONALITY:
    (insert name all caps) is truly fascinating, for although he has proven his abilities as a fine soldier, his talents reach far beyond the battlefield. A closer look at (insert name all caps) reveals a brilliant artistic mind.
    PERSONALITY
    (insert name all caps)’s intelligence and efficiency earn him the respect he deserves. His fellow officers look to him for advice and would follow his orders into the thick of battle.
    PERSONALITY:
    (insert name in all caps)’s honesty and loyalty are just two of the qualities that make him MVP in any platoon. He is not only there to share in the triumphs, but to help his fellow comrades through intense combat situations.
    Last edited by skinny; 05-28-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: modifying

traits

TRAITS:
    Extremely self reliant, (insert name all caps here) spends a lot of time alone. His mind is always at work though, as he contemplates his next strategic move. He has high expectations and aims to fulfill them.

TRAITS:
    Command comes naturally to (insert name in all caps here). His self assurance as well as his ability to lead men in difficult situations is evident as he guides his fellow officers in dangerous combat.
    TRAITS
    (insert name here all caps)s calm manner masks his remarkable capabilities as a military strategist. His fellow officers, however, are aware of his courage and knowledge of small arms and laser weaponry.
    Last edited by skinny; 05-28-2011 at 04:24 PM.

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! So what would be the best way to tpye this all in?
    Looking for Brazil Estrela Falcon Piloto(tan glider pilot grunt) and Estopim(tan Grunt) complete, as well as an Argentine front(Grunt) a Venezuelan Grunt(not sure of name). Thanks

here are the original questions so i think there are
    3 traits
    4 abilities
    4 personalities

You would most characterize yourself as:
    A leader. you’re always in control of any situation and inspire confidence.
    A corpsman. You’re the backbone of any group, quiet, efficient powerful.
    A loner. You value getting the job done over all else.

You’re at your best:
    In high stress situations. Suddenly you become all nerve-endings and tensed muscle.
    When endurance is called for. You are endlessly strong, endlessly patient.
    When faced with a difficult decision. Your logical mind loves a challenge.
    In the heat of action. You have a supremely high energy level.

GIJOE Team members consider you to be:
    A good friend to all, always there when someone needs a hand.
    The type of man who inspires respect.
    An offbeat combination of military skills and artistic talent.
    A Maverick. No one can keep up with you for long.

as far as method of doing this I would copy the blank form and use something like photoshop microsoft or some other picture editor (even MS paint would work) and add text boxes in the Prestige Elite font or something similar to original typewriter font.

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    here are the original questions so i think there are
    3 traits
    4 abilities
    4 personalities

You would most characterize yourself as:
    A leader. you’re always in control of any situation and inspire confidence.
    A corpsman. You’re the backbone of any group, quiet, efficient powerful.
    A loner. You value getting the job done over all else.

You’re at your best:
    In high stress situations. Suddenly you become all nerve-endings and tensed muscle.
    When endurance is called for. You are endlessly strong, endlessly patient.
    When faced with a difficult decision. Your logical mind loves a challenge.
    In the heat of action. You have a supremely high energy level.

GIJOE Team members consider you to be:
    A good friend to all, always there when someone needs a hand.
    The type of man who inspires respect.
    An offbeat combination of military skills and artistic talent.
    A Maverick. No one can keep up with you for long.

as far as method of doing this I would copy the blank form and use something like photoshop microsoft or some other picture editor (even MS paint would work) and add text boxes in the Prestige Elite font or something similar to original typewriter font.
    Awesome! I HAVE to do this!
    Looking for Brazil Estrela Falcon Piloto(tan glider pilot grunt) and Estopim(tan Grunt) complete, as well as an Argentine front(Grunt) a Venezuelan Grunt(not sure of name). Thanks

Nice project, I have a few resources that might help you out with this.

First, these things were printed on a dot matrix printer, so the letters appear to be made of a series of very small dots, like old bank statements and such.

The Original file cards actually came with the perforated edges with rows of holes like dot matrix printer paper had on it. The strips along the edge with the holes are perforated so they cant be folded and torn away.

I tried to dig up all my old file sheets but my storage room is so overfilled I cant get to some of my cabinets without spending half a day moving stuff, but I managed to dig up the one that is most needed, the later Blue version. I will make two scans of it, one with all the text still on it, and another that is optimized for printing, with no text and more vibrant colors.

I should have these posted in an hour or so if my stomach doesnt react badly to the 7 pounds of crab meat and shrimp that I just gobbled down. If that happens, it may be a while longer, but I will get them posted tonight. If I still have it on my hard drive, I will post the TTF file for that dot matrix font as well.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

Actually if you could dig up the create a cobra form and question sheet then we will have the complete "set"

I actually scanned my original for this, then used photoshop to wipe out the typewritten text and the few stains it had. I also sharpened the image which lessened the dot matrix effect.
    Mine still has the perforated edges attached.
    I plan on doing a 2011 version in the near future, as soon as I get a spare steel brigade.