New Display Room

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Display Room

Just started renovation on my garage to transform it into my new GI Joe room. Any input or ideas are appreciated. I'll update as the project comes along.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joe room.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	7432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joe room.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	7432

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks like you will have adequate room hopefully, you can never have enough space. There's several older posts where members have shown pictures of their displays and toy rooms if you wanna check those out. I think I have some haphazard blurry pics up on my photobucket page under "collection pix". Display cases are a good idea to toss around. You can display figures, filecards, and smaller vehicles and not have to worry about dusting and cleaning. If your lucky you can find an outlet store or big box retailer closing its doors and buy them on the cheap, or you can order several varieties of glass and acrylic cases online. They do get expensive but it is well worth the investment if you plan on displaying/keeping your collection for years to come. Hope some of this helped and good luck.

since this is in the garage (not sure where you live) but heat and plastic dont mix. I would add a fan to circulate the air. with all the work you are putting in to it. keeping them at a safe temp should be considered. other then that it looks nice and glad to see another collection being set free from boxes and plastic bins

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Your room beckons to be set-up similar to what Airedevon did in her "play room". Take a look.

The Tri-State Vipers Collectors Forum! • View topic - Some pics of my collection
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    Your room beckons to be set-up similar to what Airedevon did in her "play room". Take a look.

The Tri-State Vipers Collectors Forum! • View topic - Some pics of my collection
    No... Way... Wow, I suddenly feel as if my collection just got a whole lot smaller. If there is a line to cross in collecting toys, its somewhere in that house, probably covered with toys. Not trying to slander, I'm just totally amazed!

Thanks for tips and ideas guys. I am adding a portable AC unit in the garage but I live in northern California and it doesn't get above 80 in the garage. Still, better safe than sorry. I made the display frames to fit all the figures made between 1982 and 1991 and plan on covering the front and back in clear acrylic to keep dust off of them.

Just saw that display "room". DEAR MOTHER OF GOD! Talk about feeling inadequate. That is simply incredible....

looks awsome! i want a room like this for restoring

You mean you guys haven't already seen her 18 episode web documentary of her collection????

Here is a link to the thread from another site. I tried to find the topic here, but the searches failed EPIC-ly.

COLLECTABLE SPECTACLE II - "Airedevon" collector documentary - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

Finished up the shelves, now just need to get the couch and the TV.

Name:	Joe Room Fin.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	9712

Name:	Jor ROom Fin2.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	9722

VERY nice Mapcap! I'm still hoping for a new house so I can get my own room!
    Take it easy,

Drew