Customs losing items? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Customs losing items?

dockingbay97
07-20-2004, 10:32 AM
So I shipped a package to Hong Kong - 2 figures and a Mech. The package was opened and inspected by Hong Kong customs and arrived at the destination with 1 figure missing.

Has this happened to other people?

Is there anything that can be done about customs losing or stealing things?

dockingbay97
07-20-2004, 10:33 AM
And the buyer is an A+ super honest buyer that I would never doubt so I believe the story. He said he could tell the package had been opened by customs.

Druss
07-20-2004, 10:52 AM
This is one of the things I dread about sending stuff oversea's, I had a G1 TF Metroplex held up in China customs for a while but it arrived safely, made me very nervous though.

Please keep us updated on this, I'm very curious to see what others say as well.

BelgianGabber
07-20-2004, 11:02 AM
This happens all the time when shipping to South America or Asia. I've sent out like a 1000 packages to The States and only a couple times was it opened by customs. I've received like 5 packages from SA and Asia and they were all opened. They were also taped badly so I was really surprised nothing was missing...

I too don't like to ship there.
From Europe - North America there is no prob at all...

Graz73
07-21-2004, 01:57 PM
I wonder if it's partially bad packaging? For instance, if you attach some toy to the inside of the shipping package with a bunch of clear tape, so that it's easy for customs agent to see, but not easy to fall out (or steal) would that help?

BelgianGabber
07-21-2004, 02:11 PM
I think if it's more difficult to see what it is, more chance they damage it.

BIGFAN
07-21-2004, 04:54 PM
I wonder if it's partially bad packaging? For instance, if you attach some toy to the inside of the shipping package with a bunch of clear tape, so that it's easy for customs agent to see, but not easy to fall out (or steal) would that help?

a few points to make here

nick knows how to pack items..i know from experience ;)

if customs opens your package tape or no tape that stuff is coming out of the box for inspection

i personnally have never had this happen nick but i would say your sol

you might see if the buyer can call his customs office to file a dispute or something like that