When off Ebay Dealings Go Bad Anyone had this? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : When off Ebay Dealings Go Bad Anyone had this?

zartanmaniac
07-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Hi all:
Just wanted to vent about a deal I almost made today. It was for 17 pristine carded joes from the late eighties including snake eyes,storm shadow,shockwave,alley viper,etc. The deal I made with the ebay seller was for $200 shipped for the 17 which would have been a great deal.But...Why is there always a but? His wife said that I should be the high bidder on them so she could end the five on ebay so I did. Needless to say, because of my bids the prices rose and now even the 12 not on ebay are not even buyable.I'm sorry but greed sucks. I collect because I enjoy it,not because such and such figure is worth so much. I emailed the seller stating so when he said that he would take all offers into consideration,but they will be put on ebay. I've retracted all my bids and now they are all back to $5. I think we as a collectors have got to put the dealers who see dollar signs back in their place. I have been burned so many times by greedy dealers I should probably buy myself a harp to sing you a tune.It just really stinks.Anyone else out there have an experience like this?
Jeremy

themoney75
07-20-2004, 11:47 PM
something like that happen over year ago to me.this guy on ebay was selling alot of joes and he said in his listing looking for any certian figure email him.at the time i was looking for a lift ticket with mic and email him asking if he had if and he said yes.so i emailed him would he take 30 and he said no he will put it on ebay if i wanted to bid.guess what i got it for 14.00 shipped i thought that was funny he just sent the total and address didnt take paypal.he never even left feedback.i guess with patience and time you will get a good deal.but sorry about your deal sounds like you had a nice deal going.

scwv
07-21-2004, 01:13 AM
i had a heavy metal with mic in my sights. wrong gun, but who cares had a mic. i e mail seller say i'll give u 30.00. ok great. so send the cash (stupid me never again do i send cash, my own fault) well i get an e mail stating no money and it's going back for sale, i say well let me have a chance to sort it out, nope not an option i was a jerk a scam artist, um hello, who's buying and who's selling, how can i rip you off if i send u money beofre you send the item. u could just tell somebody had made an offer on it or something to that effect where the person thought twice maybe said well cash no paper trail maybe a combo of both. anyway i was ****ed, out a good rare figure and out 30.00. anyway i ended up buying one a few weeks later for 100.00 oh well.

BelgianGabber
07-21-2004, 06:01 AM
I was outbid on a complete set with all the Mission Brazil figures in it. After a couple weeks the guy e-mails me he'd sell them for 70$ shipped. I agreed and sent him cash. Two weeks later I had them... This was a huge risk but it turned out great.

joeboy75
07-22-2004, 02:47 AM
I don't know if this is the same thing but it does have to do with greed ont he seller's side...

I talked to this guy about an MSV set. Very nice set, I offered $550, he said he would sell it to me. But he wouldn't get if for 2 weeks. So I said no rush, not a big deal. One pops up on ebay, just as nice if not nicer, sells for just a hair over 300. I pass on it 'cause I told this guy I'd buy his, even if I could have saved $200. So he get it about a month later and jacks the price up to over $750 (might have been $800, can't remember) and says it was harder to get then expected! Man that ticked me off so bad. That was just one in a long line of deals that never made it, and all for rare items, and all at once. Very frustrating, I took a little break from the hobby after that, figured all the bad luck was a sign.

RotterdamTerrorCorps
07-22-2004, 03:33 AM
...figured all the bad luck was a sign.

Maybe it is me, but is a bell ringing here?

You buy one from guy, guy does not have one yet, then one appears on eBay, you pass, guy has one.
Maybe this guy bought the one from eBay?

IMHO: If a seller claims he can sell, but cannot deliver then a buyer has the right to shop around! Just like we do in the normal retail world! If Wallmart has something to offer, but cannot deliver you move on to other shop! If seller gets ****ed off then too bad! Seller needs to grow up, deals are made with goods not promises.