07-21-2004, 07:22 AM
how wood like to have then put the old 3 3/4 old commercials on it for extras
i wood

Xerofall
07-21-2004, 07:52 PM
WTF? http://www.megatherion.com/ubb//graemlins/crazy.gif

Deadshot
07-21-2004, 09:50 PM
as etxtras .. yeah I think that having the old commercials would make for some interesting viewing.

CobraGang
07-22-2004, 07:22 AM
I've been wanting Joe commercials on VHS and DVD for the longest time. A buddy of mine has all the episodes on VHS and he's got the commercials. I still envy him for that. I'm all for commercials as EXTRAS.

highlander
07-22-2004, 07:54 AM
how are the old commercials are they clare

Mike JT
07-22-2004, 12:26 PM
It might be really expensive to do that.. remember they'd have to pay all the people involved with making them.. AGAIN. Them's the rules.

highlander
07-28-2004, 01:33 PM
but if hasbo ownes the rights to them they may not have to to pay

Mike JT
07-28-2004, 01:52 PM
but if hasbo ownes the rights to them they may not have to to pay
I am pretty sure that makes NO difference. Why would it? The studios OWN the rights to their movies.. it doesn't mean that every actor and writer doesn't recieve a residual check each time it is shown on TV or when anyone buys it.

There are rules about this sort of thing.

the joe bandit
07-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Do they really pay residuals for toy commercials? At the very least did they back then?

Mike JT
07-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Do they really pay residuals for toy commercials? At the very least did they back then?
I am under the impression that YES you do if you are in a commercial. I know a few people personally and FOAF.. who have done commercials and get money when they play. One was in a Hershey ad and another in Sprite commerical.

As for if they did it back then... I don't know. I have no idea if there was a grandfather clause either.

frenchy
07-28-2004, 03:39 PM
I think they wouldn't have to pay. I mean at least if they did it probably wouldn't be much.

red25thta
07-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Did a series of OP (Ocean Pacific) comm's back in the 80's when we lived in Key West. He got a flat daily fee. Of course he was only 14 or so at the time.

BK
07-29-2004, 01:57 AM
It kind of ticks me off that they split the second season into 2 sets. There are only 30 episodes, and S1P1 had 28 on it...are you telling me they couldn't fit 2 more episodes? Rhino wants to cash in on us, like they did when they split seasons 2 and 3 of Beast Wars, even though it was the same number of eps that were sold all together in the S1 box set. They could very easily do the entire Beast Machines series as 1 set, but they'll probably split that too. That's my only gripe about this company, since I love the presentation and the packaging the DVD's come in, with all the great artwork.

Does anyone know if Rhino will be putting out the DIC episodes of GI Joe? I remember watching Operation Dragonfire when it forst came on as a kid, and being unimpressed. I don't remember if I ever watched the series after that though, but most people say it sucks. I might check it out though...

EagleEyeJoe
07-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Rhino does not have the license for DiC cartoons.

There is also a very real chance that Rhino will not release Season 2 Part 2. They are on record saying it is not a "high priority". Rhino's license with Sunbow and Hasbro ends in early 2005 when all rights will revert to Paramount Pictures as per Hasbro and Paramount's entertainment license package.

BK
07-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Yes, I knew about the license running out, which is why I had hoped they would release all of Season 2 together. I'm not buying S2P1 anyway, until part 2 comes out, just to be sure. I've done that on all the Joe and Transformers sets so far. The only thing I wasn't sure of was the DIC cartoons. Thanks for the info.

EagleEyeJoe
07-30-2004, 10:23 AM
The fewer people buy Season 2 Part 1, the more Rhino has reason to NOT make part 2.

Q: Why did Rhino not go ahead and make part 2 of GI Joe Season 2?
A: There was not enough market demand of Season 2 Part 1 to justify production.

That is the answer they'll give.

BK
07-31-2004, 03:35 PM
The fewer people buy Season 2 Part 1, the more Rhino has reason to NOT make part 2.

Q: Why did Rhino not go ahead and make part 2 of GI Joe Season 2?
A: There was not enough market demand of Season 2 Part 1 to justify production.

That is the answer they'll give.

True enough, but you could also say the same thing about all the crappy vehicles Hasbro has been releasing the last few years that I haven't been buying, but they still keep pumping those babies out! ;)

It doesn't matter much to me. It's what I've been doing up til now with Joes and Transformers, waiting for both parts to be released before buying, and it won't change. Thankfully, they've all come out so far. But if they release an official notice on their website that Part 2 will not be released because I didn't buy Part 1, then I'll take the blame.

If they don't release it, someone else will, so it's no big deal.

EagleEyeJoe
08-01-2004, 11:27 AM
That's because kids buy them... not whiny adults.

Do as you like, I could frankly care less.

frenchy
08-01-2004, 02:41 PM

I disagree with this statement. Why wouldn't adults buy them. Did you buy cartoons that were made 20yrs before you were born? I doubt it.

destroscastle
08-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Anyone looking for vintage GI Joe or or G1 Transformers commercials email me at [email protected] I've got great a vhs tape with 30 minutes of footage and I will sell them cheap!!!!!!!!I will put more info in the for sale section of the message boards.

BK
08-04-2004, 04:11 AM

Condescending as usual, with rarely a nice word for anyone, just unnecessary insults and holier than thou remarks. Now I'm a whiner, simply because of what and how I choose to buy.....

I was not trying to argue with you, I thought we were just having a discussion. I guess I was wrong. It's a mystery to me why you hang out on a board full of people that you feel you have to talk down to all the time, and that you seem to have such a low opinion of.