Why are there so many bad sellers lately? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Why are there so many bad sellers lately?

tai95
07-24-2004, 08:06 AM
When I joined Yojoe (about 2 years ago), The bad trader section was basically about 5 people. Willy Darius, Plasticdreams, Scarlettrooster, Orye75 and Mandy Bibb/Tony Privet or whoever that person fom port wentworth Georgia was. Fast forward to present day. We still have Plasticdreams, Scarlettrooster is Boobookitty_toys, Willy Darius (?), Bibb/Privet is now Tkcollectibles78, Orye75(Finally caught by the law?). Now we also have davidallanhrushka1973 and a ton of new posts everyday about this ebay seller using yojoe pics. What is going on? Why is finding a good seller such a hard task now?

Kid Canada
07-24-2004, 09:22 AM
I don't think finding a good seller is that hard there are thousands of them out there that we do not hear about. All we hear about on this board (and thankfully) are the bad sellers. It seems the guys that you mentioned above never really go away they just get new ID's every 6 months to a year to lure in unsuspecting buyers.

Also, with the way technology is today is is so easy to take a picture that belongs to someone else and pass it off as your own. This just makes is SO easy for the scammers to list items and even send pictures (never having the goods) and just take your money and run. If you did this with about 30-40 high end items by the time anyone even gets wise the guy is thousands richer and nowhere to be found.

But you are right there does seem to be more than the average of late. If you are one of the few that have never been taken in any way, shape or form (which is a group I cannot count myself in) then I take my hat off to you. You are the minorty and I would love to know what your secret is.

BelgianGabber
07-24-2004, 09:27 AM
I don't think there are more bad sellers then there were a couple years ago.

Personally, I prefer to buy from people who have 50-100+ feedback with no neg. They will try to keep there rep flawless. I avoid big sellers I've never bought from. They will not care as much about 1 neg. There are exceptions of course :)

Mike JT
07-24-2004, 09:49 AM
There's also alot of bad buyers out there.. I had a guy win an auction of mine and then I never heard from. I sent two emails and two invoices. 2 1/2 weeks later he emails me and says "Hey here's my address and I'll send the money soon."

I told the guy the deal was off.