Chinese Carded Joes... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Chinese Carded Joes...

etmartin
07-27-2004, 05:20 AM
I just picked up a Dial-Tone for $10...I really like it, so, on that note...

How many other Chinese carded Joes are there?

What do they cost generally?

Anyone with info...LMK,

Thanks,
etmartin :D :D :D

BelgianGabber
07-27-2004, 05:48 AM
TF Flint, Lifeline, cobra commander (silver plated), major bludd, soldier and/or officer?...

There prolly are a couple more but I can't recall them

diamondblackfan
07-27-2004, 08:37 AM
etmartin,

Here is the cardback of my Chinese Snake Eyes:

http://complit.mmlab.hku.hk/disneyculture/images/snakeeyes_back.jpg

The carback shows the first and second wave of figures released in China. There were more figures released for the following years but I don't know the exact count. Eco Warriors and Ninja Force were released as well. The plastic and paint quality for the figures and weapons are very much the same their US counterpart. Many of the figures were released with the same weapons.

etmartin
07-27-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey Diamond...

What did you pay for that Snake Eyes?

Concerning quality...If you took my Chinese D-T and held up to my American, what are the differences? Anyone?

UKGIJOE
07-27-2004, 09:19 AM
my chinese dial tone has 1988 stamped on his leg not 86 like the usa ones. Apart from that i cant tell the difference really. I also have lifeline and major bludd - just so u know.

etmartin
07-27-2004, 09:29 AM
What did you pay for your Lifeline and Major Bludd...are they carded also?

LMK,

Thanks,

UKGIJOE
07-27-2004, 09:33 AM
I bought them carded about 8 years ago i think for about 2.50. I opened them of course. I wish i bought more of them bcoz the shop had loads and i think they are good quality for the price. The only problem i have is a small white paint blob on lifelines green glasses, apart from that, great figures. They sometimes appear on ebay.co.uk for pretty good prices.

diamondblackfan
07-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Hey Diamond...

What did you pay for that Snake Eyes?

Concerning quality...If you took my Chinese D-T and held up to my American, what are the differences? Anyone?

I paid RMB 13.00 when they first came out in China [about '92-'93] at a department store. That would be around less than US $1.60. I beleive the price for him and especially Storm Shadow are quite high now.

Another difference in the figures is that it would say "Made in China" on the seat of the pants rather than "Made in Hong Kong". Cobra Commander came with a different gun than the original.

tai95
07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
I just picked up a Dial-Tone for $10...I really like it, so, on that note...

How many other Chinese carded Joes are there?

What do they cost generally?

Anyone with info...LMK,

Thanks,

There are eight chinese figures that are fairly easy to find.

Duke (exclusive mold)
Major Bludd (exclusive mold)
TF Flint (exclusive mold)
Destro V3
Cobra Commander V1
Lifeline V1
Dial Tone V1
Barricade Tf Roadblock

You should be able to find any of these figures for under $25.00 if you look hard enough. Then there are some figures that are really hard to find.
Snake Eyes V1 and Storm Shadow V1 would fit into that category. I've also seen Rock N Roll, Saw Viper, Tripwire, Salvo, Undertow, Recoil, and Salvo on the same card back. like Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow these don't come up very often, But they are out there. You can also find most of the ninja force figures on card along with a few vehicles, like the septic tank and pile driver.

If you search on ebay for "japanese" you'll usually find them.

here are a couple of pics of the few I have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/tai95/joes/MVC-850F.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/tai95/joes/MVC-849F.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/tai95/joes/MVC-913F.jpg

danyanda
07-27-2004, 11:49 AM
I got Lifeline and Major Bludd for less than $10 shipped each. Like Tai95 said, they are not too hard to find. CC obviously goes for more. A mint CC is worth more than a mint Lifeline, no matter what card it is on.

The Faceless Master
07-27-2004, 12:58 PM
What did you pay for your Lifeline and Major Bludd...are they carded also?

LMK,

Thanks,

Hey ETMARTIN!! I got a Chinese Major Bludd MOC listed on eBay right now among other things:

http://cgi6.msn.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...&sort=3&rows=50

if you're interested, i can Priority Ship the Major Bludd to you for $15 only via paypal
lemme know so I can end this auction early.

If anyone else is interested in the other items, PM me a quote!! I will offer discounts to YOJOE board members only that have been here since before July 2004

etmartin
07-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Donsbabyboo...

You've got mail..

LMK,

Thanks,

publicenemy
07-27-2004, 03:34 PM
the only one i wanted was the tiger force flint a.k.a falcon. i got him for $15.00 shipped. i haven't open him yet though

The Faceless Master
07-27-2004, 05:05 PM
ETMARTIN = YES most definitely as long as you can issue payment via paypal, contact me Friday!! I am cancelling the auction later this evening.

I was lucky enough to get my MOC Chinese TF Falcon for $7 shipped!!
A little off topic but I even got a DVD Snake Eyes for $12 shipped...

just one of those lucky streaks I guess...

jabba the drunk
07-27-2004, 10:45 PM
There are eight chinese figures that are fairly easy to find.

Duke (exclusive mold)
Major Bludd (exclusive mold)
TF Flint (exclusive mold)
Destro V3
Cobra Commander V1
Lifeline V1
Dial Tone V1
Barricade Tf Roadblock

You should be able to find any of these figures for under $25.00 if you look hard enough. Then there are some figures that are really hard to find.
Snake Eyes V1 and Storm Shadow V1 would fit into that category. I've also seen Rock N Roll, Saw Viper, Tripwire, Salvo, Undertow, Recoil, and Salvo on the same card back. like Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow these don't come up very often, But they are out there. You can also find most of the ninja force figures on card along with a few vehicles, like the septic tank and pile driver.

If you search on ebay for "japanese" you'll usually find them.

here are a couple of pics of the few I have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/tai95/joes/MVC-850F.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/tai95/joes/MVC-849F.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/tai95/joes/MVC-913F.jpg

Hey, David! Great post/info on the various available Chinese items.

I actually have a carded Destro V3, which I believe to be a Chinese release. This cardback is not listed on Yojoe, and I've not seen other examples that I can remember (though I'm sure there are probably plenty out there).

The lettering below the English "G.I. Joe" is exactly the same as the Chinese lettering. Now, this very well could be a release from another Asian country which speaks Chinese. I'm not sure, as I can't read the lettering. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know!

Here is the front and back of my Destro V3. As can be seen on the back of the card, other figures were shown: Eco Warrior Deep Six & Barbeque, Big Bear, Duke V3, Snake Eyes V4, Wet Suit V2, General Flagg, Gung-Ho V3, Barricade (not Roadblock), Wild Bill V2, Flak Viper, Firefly V2, and Eels V2. By the way, pretty cool Cobra graphic on the back of this card!

http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Destro%20V3%20China%20Front.jpg

http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Destro%20V3%20China%20Back.jpg

-Peter

The Faceless Master
07-28-2004, 12:57 AM
WOW Jabba!! Fantastic item you got there!!
I gotta say thats the FIRST TIME I have seen that variation from Asia.

UKGIJOE
07-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Heres one i found a few years ago in my local toy shop. Im sure most of u have seen it before but incase u havent heres a couple of pics of the chinese deep six.

diamondblackfan
07-28-2004, 07:11 AM

I actually have a carded Destro V3, which I believe to be a Chinese release. This cardback is not listed on Yojoe, and I've not seen other examples that I can remember (though I'm sure there are probably plenty out there).

The lettering below the English "G.I. Joe" is exactly the same as the Chinese lettering. Now, this very well could be a release from another Asian country which speaks Chinese. I'm not sure, as I can't read the lettering. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know!

Here is the front and back of my Destro V3. As can be seen on the back of the card, other figures were shown: Eco Warrior Deep Six & Barbeque, Big Bear, Duke V3, Snake Eyes V4, Wet Suit V2, General Flagg, Gung-Ho V3, Barricade (not Roadblock), Wild Bill V2, Flak Viper, Firefly V2, and Eels V2. By the way, pretty cool Cobra graphic on the back of this card!

-Peter

Peter,

Cool! That is the Chinese Carded Destro that you have there. The card has "simplified" Chinese characters on it. In China, since about 30-50 years ago, many characters were gradually changed to more simplified versions. There are less strokes for certain characters. In other places such as Taiwan or Hong Kong they use "traditional" characters with more strokes but similar format.

tai95
07-28-2004, 09:45 AM

-Peter

Peter
Every time I think I've seen all the Destro figures you have to post a new variant for me to track down. That card looks to be the same version as the ninja force figure cards. Maybe these are the second series of figures released. What I find kind of interesting is that It's the same version of Destro they had already released. Also the Korean release of Destro is the same version. Was Destro V3 so overproduced they had to use him on every foreign variant to get rid of surplus?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/tai95/Destro/MVC-840F.jpg

jabba the drunk
07-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Peter,

Cool! That is the Chinese Carded Destro that you have there. The card has "simplified" Chinese characters on it. In China, since about 30-50 years ago, many characters were gradually changed to more simplified versions. There are less strokes for certain characters. In other places such as Taiwan or Hong Kong they use "traditional" characters with more strokes but similar format.

Ah...very interesting, diamondblackfan! Thank you for the explanation. I had a hunch that this cardback was indeed in Chinese, but also thought it might be a related language.

donsbabyboo: This is the first one I had seen also (that is other than UKJoe's Deep Six cardback that I've just seen). I'm sure there are plenty out there, but just not a bunch of pics.

Peter
Every time I think I've seen all the Destro figures you have to post a new variant for me to track down.

Hah! I don't mean to, David! I'd like to claim I hunted this Destro down, but this one actually was nice enough to find me instead. But, I still need to track down the Korean stickered Destro V3 that you have!

It is interesting that this Destro is the one that you'll find most often, on Asian released cardbacks. I would venture to guess it's because the Destro V1 & 2 molds were somewhere in South America (Argentina, Brazil, or Mexico)(?) at the time. Or, simply because they thought this version of Destro was the the most appealling? Interesting question!

-Peter

scwv
07-28-2004, 11:13 PM
just a heads up, to my knowledge the korean destro v3 does not have a sticker over it. i believe it is an exclusive card (no sticker over gi joe). maybe u can varify this. i believe most joes in korea were stickered after about 90-91 or so, at least thats what i have gathered from all the carded korean joes i have seen. the vehicles on the otherhand i believe were all stickered.

jabba the drunk
07-29-2004, 08:21 PM
just a heads up, to my knowledge the korean destro v3 does not have a sticker over it. i believe it is an exclusive card (no sticker over gi joe). maybe u can varify this. i believe most joes in korea were stickered after about 90-91 or so, at least thats what i have gathered from all the carded korean joes i have seen. the vehicles on the otherhand i believe were all stickered.

Hey scwv!

I had thought the same thing, up to a year or so ago. Then Dave (tai95), showed me this pic from his collection. He has a great GI Joe collection,and some of the great rare carded foreign Destros. In fact, he made me aware of three carded Destro's I didn't know about. The Palitoy Destro V1, the printed Korean V3, and the below stickered Korea Destro V3 (on US Cardback). This last one has so far eluded me.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Korean%20Sticker%20Destro%20V3.jpg

I don't have any reason to think that this is not a legitimate Korean release. Yes, the sticker is not placed perfectly on the cardfront (due to the bubble size). But, I don't think this sticker is something that was added to the cardfront in an attempt to create a foreign collectible, or any other reason. I'm sure Dave can add some information about this item.

As has been restated a few times recently, it's cool that new Joe "discoveries" are still being uncovered!

-Peter

Obiwanjacoby
07-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Does my Chinese carded Stalker count?

Check out the other figures available. . .

http://www.yojoe.com/international/china/images/stalkerback.jpg

I keep running into these on ebay all the time. I think the Desert Scorpion comes with the same weapons as the UK variant.

-PJ

JWLJN
08-29-2004, 02:11 AM
I bought the Chinese Major Bludd moc off e-Bay for about $12 a few years ago. I'm a loose Joe collector so of course I opened it right away. It's my favorite Bludd, and still my only Foreign Joe, but hopefully that will change. Bludd always seemed to be on cold temperature missions on the cartoon so the figure seemed perfect.

I love the '92 Destro with the '80s card art above. Great piece!

-J\/\/