GI Joe Tattoos [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : GI Joe Tattoos

Static
07-27-2004, 07:04 PM
I saw a guy the other day with

Do any of you out there have a G.I. Joe tattoo and if so what is it of?

Where would yours be?

If I was to get one, it would be the Cobra Symbol on my left chest.

powerloafer
07-29-2004, 06:54 PM
I saw a guy the other day with

Do any of you out there have a G.I. Joe tattoo and if so what is it of?

Where would yours be?

If I was to get one, it would be the Cobra Symbol on my left chest.
I was kinda thinking about getting Storm Shadows arm markings on my arm but i'm still undecided, if I ever go through with it i'll be sure to post up pictures.

highlander
07-29-2004, 10:07 PM
hi i have 2 tats
one Cobra Symbol on my left chest the [firebat symble ]
one Cobra Symbol on my left arm [ cobra symble with flames ]
thinking to get a battle seen done on my back

thorn
08-03-2004, 12:54 AM
i met a guy the other day with a cobra symbol and transformers symbol, both on his forearm, but he sadi he wasnt a collector, it was a tribute to his friend who died who was into collecting. i thought that was pretty cool

Dreadnok4life
08-03-2004, 01:21 AM
When I was in prison my cell mate had a naked Scarlett on his back. Ah the sweet memories..

bane
08-08-2004, 07:40 PM
I have the arashikage ninja tat on my calf in red, I'm getting it redone on Aug 21st though, outlining it in black. Everyone asks me what it is, they think its a brick or something.....morons. Possible getting the cobra logo or a variation of it on the front of my calf.

review-this
08-16-2004, 01:06 PM
i have a Cobra Symbol on my left upper arm and when i got it my girlfriend went crazy.
she told me i was stupid to get a tattoo of a toy symbol on my arm, so what did i do.
got the G.I.Joe logo on my right upper arm.
a ying-yang thing.
the good offsets the evil and the evil offsets the good.
well, i no longer have a girlfriend

drveovru2
08-16-2004, 03:46 PM
I have had thoughts about getting a gijoe tatoo and having the strips run around my ankle of arms.

When I was in prison my cell mate had a naked Scarlett on his back. Ah the sweet memories..

something entirely wrong with a guy with a naked girl tat on his back in jail. guess we shouldnt go into the subject as to why it was on his back.

CobraDevilViper-v6.66
08-24-2004, 11:16 PM
I have a HUGE COBRA symbol on my right shoulder...and I mean it's HUGE and it's very bright. I also am starting my back-piece which is going to be TOTALLY COBRA! I'm putting a whole bunch of characters with a HUGE ENORMOUS COBRA symbol behind them, I'll probably try to add a few vehicles too if I can. Right now I have Wild Weasel and Dr. Mindbender, just the outlines and blackwork. I'll be putting up pics in a few days..

Xavieur@aol.com
08-26-2004, 11:42 AM
You are all nuts in my opinion to get a tattoo of this stuff! :)

JWLJN
08-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro wrestler CM Punk has both the Cobra symbol on his shoulder and the Arashikage <sp> symbol on his forearm.

-J\/\/

zombieguide
08-26-2004, 11:39 PM
heres a pic of mine, scroll down

http://pinheadpins.com/workshop/about/

Tattoo Shane
08-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Man, i can't believe no one mentioned the site yet...i need to get word out in the Joe community a little more. ;)

I run the only site dedicated to SW, GI Joe, Transformer and other misc toy tattoos and you can check it out at www.tattoosandtoys.com

My GI Joe tattoo is a full calf-sleeve and it's on the first page of the GI Joe tattoo section. I'm always looking for more submissions so anyone who would like to see their ink on th site, please email me at thalljoben@shaw.ca with your name and the artist and studio name and location. :)

Tattoo Shane
10-02-2004, 06:46 PM
I wanted to bump this up to maybe get a little more discussion going on and to remind everyone i'm always taking submissions for the site! Be sure to drop me a line if you want to see your ink displayed on www.tattoosandtoys.com !

Dreadnok4life
02-06-2005, 01:30 AM
I have had thoughts about getting a gijoe tatoo and having the strips run around my ankle of arms.

something entirely wrong with a guy with a naked girl tat on his back in jail. guess we shouldnt go into the subject as to why it was on his back.

I know. I was just kidding. I never been to prison. I send people there. Just trying to get a chuckle from someone.

Dreadnok4life
02-06-2005, 01:35 AM
I finally did it. I got a Snake Eyes tattoo on my right calf today. My first, and probably last tattoo I'll ever get. It hurt like heck. But I'm glad I did it. I had been thinking about getting tattooed for awhile, but I just couldn't settle on something. A friend told me a tattoo should mean something to the person who get's it. Well GI Joe has been a huge part of my life since I was a little kid. And Snake Eyes is my favorite character. So woila. Click on the link if you want to see it. And please no comments about my pastey white leg.. :D The lower picture is in better focus. But it reflected some water from the flash so there is a spot on the middle of Snake Eyes' belt that doesn't look right. It's just the flash.

http://www.geocities.com/dreadnok4life/tats.html?1107674965203

82to87Joes
02-06-2005, 01:32 PM
you just got that yesterday? :confused:

CGC
02-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I finally did it. I got a Snake Eyes tattoo on my right calf today. My first, and probably last tattoo I'll ever get. It hurt like heck. But I'm glad I did it. I had been thinking about getting tattooed for awhile, but I just couldn't settle on something. A friend told me a tattoo should mean something to the person who get's it. Well GI Joe has been a huge part of my life since I was a little kid. And Snake Eyes is my favorite character. So woila. Click on the link if you want to see it. And please no comments about my pastey white leg.. :D The lower picture is in better focus. But it reflected some water from the flash so there is a spot on the middle of Snake Eyes' belt that doesn't look right. It's just the flash.

http://www.geocities.com/dreadnok4life/tats.html?1107674965203
Nice work, who did it?

CityofCaterpillar
02-07-2005, 08:26 AM
I saw some guy at Silk City in Philadelphia once sitting near my friends and I who had the Arashikage tattoo on his forearm. I thought it was way awesome... maybe he posts here!

Tattoo Shane
02-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Nice piece Dreadnok...drop me an email at thalljoben@shaw.ca with pics and all the artist info and i'll add it to the site. :)

Dreadnok4life
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
you just got that yesterday? :confused:

Yes. Why the frown?

Dreadnok4life
02-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Nice work, who did it?

Chris who owns White Lotus tattoo in Laguna Hills, California. He's a nice guy too.

Dreadnok4life
02-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Nice piece Dreadnok...drop me an email at thalljoben@shaw.ca with pics and all the artist info and i'll add it to the site. :)

Okay will do.

sinnister
02-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Yes. Why the frown?
I think the 'confused' look he gave you when he asked if you got it today was due to how it looked. You must be blessed with great skin. Everytime I get a new tat I'm red all around it and parts of it is all scabbing up!

That being said...great tat man!! I just noticed a new inker opened up a shop a mile down the road from my house. This is a big deal because I live in a real small town. I'm going to have to go there and see what kind of work he does. I've been itching for some new ink!

82to87Joes
02-11-2005, 11:33 PM
yeah thats exactly it. thats quite a large tattoo, im surprised it wasnt red and scabbing like sinnister mentioned, you must be very lucky! anyways, really cool. ive been wanting to get a tat for awhile but not sure what to do. i think i might just get a cobra emblem to start off with, either that or the imperial insignia from star wars. all my friends think im a dork cause i want to get something that glorifies my childhood and not something "cool" like a tribal band :rolleyes:

sinnister
02-12-2005, 10:19 AM
yeah thats exactly it. thats quite a large tattoo, im surprised it wasnt red and scabbing like sinnister mentioned, you must be very lucky! anyways, really cool. ive been wanting to get a tat for awhile but not sure what to do. i think i might just get a cobra emblem to start off with, either that or the imperial insignia from star wars. all my friends think im a dork cause i want to get something that glorifies my childhood and not something "cool" like a tribal band :rolleyes:

Ha! Get what you want man. You have to live with it the rest of your life so it has to be something you really like. Only warning I can give you is that I think ink is addicting. Get a tattoo with the realization that you will probably get another. Do this so you can somewhat 'plan' your ink. I like all the tats I have but looking back, I would have gotten one in a different spot than I have it now. I have several planned on what I want and where I want them and for what reason. The only place I'm considering off limits is my face. Head, neck, and the rest of me is open season (with the exception of certain parts I use to go to the bathroom :D ).

CGC
02-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Ha! Get what you want man. You have to live with it the rest of your life so it has to be something you really like. Only warning I can give you is that I think ink is addicting. Get a tattoo with the realization that you will probably get another. Do this so you can somewhat 'plan' your ink. I like all the tats I have but looking back, I would have gotten one in a different spot than I have it now. I have several planned on what I want and where I want them and for what reason. The only place I'm considering off limits is my face. Head, neck, and the rest of me is open season (with the exception of certain parts I use to go to the bathroom :D ).
Very addicting, I think I'm at 14 (but I was 15 when I started), with tats on my belly, chest, neck, back, & both arms. Many are larger peices & merge into others, but I think I'm almost done now. As far as scabbing, you need to take better care, they will get dry & itchy as they heal, & at the end of the first week, there will be some minor flaking, a lot like dandruff, but you shouldn't get any scabs. Again, nice work!

Dreadnok4life
02-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Oh okay I gotcha. I didn't have any scabbing. It was slightly red along the outline but other than that nothing. I didn't even bleed significantly. It did hurt like heck. I am beginning to experience the flaking skin that CGC mentioned. My wife got a small tattoo on her ankle the week before I got mine and she didn't have any scabbing either.

I have no regrets in getting it. GI Joe means a lot to me and I'm proud to fly my colors. :D

Dreadnok4life
02-12-2005, 12:39 PM

The tribal band was / is cool. They are still very popular in California (According to the tattoo guy). But I can't help but wonder if eventually the tribal is going to lose a bit of the "hip" factor if everyone in the neighborhood has one. So far I've shown my tattoo to several of my coworkers and friends and I've gotten great responses.

JeffreyKabal
02-12-2005, 06:35 PM
it maybe sounds pretty insane but I went to a tattoo shop 1.5 years ago to get:
"Cobra" in my lip.

Unfortunately that specific shop didn't do lip-tattoos.

hero25
02-13-2005, 12:10 AM
I have been thinking about getting a cobra commmander half sleeve on my right arm.

Tattoo Shane
02-13-2005, 11:11 AM
it maybe sounds pretty insane but I went to a tattoo shop 1.5 years ago to get:
"Cobra" in my lip.

Unfortunately that specific shop didn't do lip-tattoos.

Jeffrey, that'd be sweet! I'd love to see that if you do eventually get it! I have a friend with Jedi on the inside of his lip...you can see it in the Star Wars Singles section on my site.

ShadowSnake
02-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey Shane,

I promised you my pic of fett on my right arm, and IG-88 on my left forearm so I will get that to you soon my friend. Sorry for the delay. Man, i just ran across this post, and now im itching BAD for my next piece. lol

A choice between a few im afraid. Bossk...Starscream...or a v1 viper.

Flip a coin? Maybe Ill get them all. LOL

Dave

Tattoo Shane
02-17-2005, 10:51 PM
No worries Dave! I'll be waiting patiently. :)

I haven't had any new work in a year and a few days and will be rectifying that problem on Saturday with a new Bounty Hunters addition to my calf-sleeve. :D

Roadblock_1187
02-18-2005, 05:11 AM

hey nok where did you do time at & how long were you in id be interesed in hearing about some of these details if you would be willing

on a more on topic note i am fixing to get a few Tats imm going to get to sith symbols on my shoulder blades & the Cobra & the arisakage embles on my arms

drveovru2
03-30-2005, 07:07 PM
came across these joe tats.....they are used with permission from www.bmezine.com I am required to post a link in order to post the pics of the tats. be advised the link is intended for a mature audience , tattoos can sometimes contain offensive subject matter.

http://www.molokosynthemesc.com/search/srch2004.exe?pic=tattoo/A20725/high/tatoo4.jpg&tsect=tattoo/netwl001.html&desc=Cobra%3Cbr%3E%3Cfont+size%3D-1%3E

http://www.molokosynthemesc.com/search/srch2004.exe?pic=tattoo/A40622/high/p10100220.jpg&tsect=tattoo/cart001.html&desc=Cobra%3Cbr%3E%3Cfont+size%3D-1%3E

http://www.molokosynthemesc.com/search/srch2004.exe?pic=tattoo/A40712/high/dsc0063510.jpg&tsect=tattoo/cart001.html&desc=Cobra+commander+%28GI+Joe%29%3Cbr%3E%3Cfont+s ize%3D-1%3Eby+Josh+Carter%2C+studiocitytattoo.com

http://www.molokosynthemesc.com/search/srch2004.exe?pic=tattoo/A30506/high/dsc01497.jpg&tsect=tattoo/cart001.html&desc=GI+JOE%21%3Cbr%3E%3Cfont+size%3D-1%3Eby+Chance%2C+at+Randy+Adams+Tattoo+in+Ft+Worth +Texas

Dreadnok4life
04-01-2005, 05:32 PM
hey nok where did you do time at & how long were you in id be interesed in hearing about some of these details if you would be willing

on a more on topic note i am fixing to get a few Tats imm going to get to sith symbols on my shoulder blades & the Cobra & the arisakage embles on my arms

I was just kidding about doing prison time. I'm a Cop.

frozentundra
01-01-2006, 10:16 PM
I've got the Cobra logo on my left arm. It was my first tattoo.

I've seen two other people's Cobra logo tattoos. One was a clerk at the Hot Topic store in the mall down in Laredo, Texas. He has a huge one on his forearm that put's mine to shame. Another guy has a huge on that covers the left side of his chest.

saint99
01-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Got mine this new years eve for my thirtieth b day. Got the Arashikage symbol on my right arm..... could not be happier with it!!!!!

sithazazel
02-14-2006, 09:04 PM
great tattoos everyone, i have several tattoos too, but none of gi joe, but i want to get a gi joe tattoo soon. i was thinking maybe one of destros emblem but changing the word destro to something more meaningful to me, and it will be all in black. does anyone know were i can find a good picture of destros emblem?
thanks
sithazazel

macnorton
08-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey new member, here. I hate bumping old threads, but I wanted to share this one with everyone:

http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photoze4.jpg

And here is the back story:

For years, I have always wanted to get a tattoo. First time I can remember talking about it was probably around 15 or so. But I was one of those people that thought it was stupid (I believe my exact words were "****ing stupid") to walk in and pick a piece of flash off the wall. It is a total lack of personality, since anyone can get it. And most people tend to get something that "looks cool" now and regret it years later (I have friends now that have done that). So I made a vow that I would never get anything off the wall, no matter what.

In this decision process, I had to think of what was important to me, something that has incredibly deep meaning and something I can always think of when I look at it.

Now to you it may look like just another geeky GI Joe tattoo. However that is simply not the case.

When I was younger, my cousin Jimmy and I were always playing in my back yard....he was Storm Shadow and I was Snake Eyes. It was a ritual for years...epic battles that could go on for hours on end. At the time, that was the be all end all for us, If anything got in our way of being these two characters, we would simply go around it. But there was more underneath the surface. At the time, my aunt and uncle (Jimmy's parents) were fighting a lot about many things. So this was a nice distraction for Jimmy. Meanwhile on my side (and Jimmy's too, on a much smaller scale), our grandfather had died. About a week after my brother was born in September of 1987. My mom was a mess, new baby and the death of her father, it was certainly a very weird time then. This kept us from going totally nuts. And granted we were 5 and 8 at the time, it still something I remember fondly.

Year later (about 10), I had visited Jimmy in Michigan with my parents as part of a vacation. This would have been around 1996-ish and I hadn't seen Jimmy in close to 6 years. And you never know how people are going to be when you haven't seen them in a long time. As soon as I stepped through the door, he said, "So how's it going Snake Eyes?" As if we had just seen each other the day before...not even missing a beat. It was a cool moment in my life...something I won't forget.

It may sound corny, but that is what I think of when I look down at this tattoo. I think about all the good times I had with my cousin and I also remember all those things going on then and how we got through it.

CGC
08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Great story mac - thanks.
Nice work, too!

SnakeEyes666
10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey all,I just wanted to share my new GI Joe tat with everyone.I decided to get Snake Eyes v2 card art from 1985 because he was my favorite character growing up and I always loved the 85 version.Sorry for the bad pic,it was taken on my cell.Its not finished yet,I go back next month to add the burst/explosion in the background.

My original idea was to get him completely filled in with color,but after my artist finished the shading she and I both decided to leave it how it looks now,with the option of adding more color if I want when I go back.I'm still undecided on that part.What do you guys think I should do? Fill him in with color or leave him just black and shaded? Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks!

http://img140.imagevenue.com/loc678/th_23323_snake1_122_678lo.jpg (http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=23323_snake1_122_678lo.jpg)

Super Sport
08-28-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm super bored and I wanna' see some Joe tats. Pics and links appreciated.

beachhead666
08-31-2013, 10:07 PM
right upper arm:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/CGStevie/Ultimate%20Collection/Joe487.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/CGStevie/media/Ultimate%20Collection/Joe487.jpg.html)

Left upper arm:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/CGStevie/Ultimate%20Collection/Joe684.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/CGStevie/media/Ultimate%20Collection/Joe684.jpg.html)

viper#9
09-01-2013, 02:04 PM
I have this:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2836/9648837526_9767de6af8_s.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/movi_man09/9648837526/)

On the my left calf

Velkyn
10-31-2013, 04:10 AM
Heya,
I have Arashigage clan tattoo on my right arm. Classic red, my tattoo artist was also a Joe fan and very hyped to do it.
We used to think this was *the* coolest tattoo ever when we were ten year old. It still is. Also my twin sister has black clan tattoo and our brother will take his soon.
Here we are: 32561

Edit: After reading topic through, I have to add... Every time clan symbol is noticed, people either say "cool tat!" or ask very carefully "what does it mean..?" and have that hopeful glow in their eyes. That's the jackpot. :D It's like releasing monster when I say it's Arashigage - they've known it, just not dared to say out loud for I'm a woman. Except one DJ, who practically went happily maniac and shouted it to his coworker. Quite needless to say, I got song I asked very quickly. :D

Super Sport
10-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Cool tats everyone. I see the affinity for different Joeverse factions is broad.

Heya,
I have Arashigage clan tattoo on my right arm. Classic red, my tattoo artist was also a Joe fan and very hyped to do it.
We used to think this was *the* coolest tattoo ever when we were ten year old. It still is. Also my twin sister has black clan tattoo and our brother will take his soon.
Here we are: 32561

Edit: After reading topic through, I have to add... Every time clan symbol is noticed, people either say "cool tat!" or ask very carefully "what does it mean..?" and have that hopeful glow in their eyes. That's the jackpot. :D It's like releasing monster when I say it's Arashigage - they've known it, just not dared to say out loud for I'm a woman. Except one DJ, who practically went happily maniac and shouted it to his coworker. Quite needless to say, I got song I asked very quickly. :D

Cool pic! You guys look like you know how to have fun.

Velkyn
11-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Hehe, aye. It was great day. We heard whispers and shouts all around us from 30-somethings "hey, hey, look, it's Snake and Storm..!" or "lookie, those tattoos are REAL..". So much fun, we were on flames. :D Not greatest suits at the 'con (unbelievable Halo armors..) but for sure most energy. Did some sword tricks and nunchas and have light sparring with brother for the show.

neapolitan joe
11-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Great tattoos!

dominic.18
03-13-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm starting a gi joe sleeve. It's going to be a cartoon reel filled with gi joe scenes. I just haven't decided if i just want to put characters are actual scenes because the spaces aren't that big and i don't want the pictures to be too small. Any opinions