This UK variant is new to me. . . [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : This UK variant is new to me. . .

Obiwanjacoby
07-29-2004, 10:18 PM
NOTE: Also not spam, just happened to browse the same seller as other thread ;)

Sure, we've all seen the exterior of the Z-Force APC (better gun than ours IMO). . .BUT have you seen the sweet interior of this thing???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5911192632&ssPageName=MERC_VI

The AF collectors have it so good, all their early vehicles/playsets had more decals :D

Cheers! Off to find an AF APC now!

-PJ

kHAoS
07-30-2004, 02:55 AM
The interior of the AF APC does make it more versatile and the normal APC we got. I like the fact that it can be used like a mini-playset with all the additional features. There are pluses and drawbacks to the AF APC, though. I don't care much for the turrent and the 'clicky' sounds it makes. I hate the rubber wheels and the weird black things around the front canopy. The paper decals aren't too great, either. But, the medical bay is cool, as well as the storage compartments. There's a tow-hook on the handle, which for that alone, makes it worthwhile for me to track down another one to part out to my Joe APC.

If anyone plans to dive in and get one of these things, just be aware that for an APC, it can't transport a whole lot, cause the footpegs on the old-skool AF figures are way too small to fit GI Joe figures.

Now, if only I can justify to myself that an AF HQ is worth the space and money...

RotterdamTerrorCorps
07-30-2004, 03:57 AM
Would not be surprised if this thing goes for 80 GBP, it is in fair condition and it is close to complete!

joebahama
07-30-2004, 09:48 AM
I wish I could just find the turret up for sale. That thing is cool and I already have 3 apcs and a cuda.

danyanda
07-30-2004, 09:52 AM
I love that AF APC. I'm still kicking myself for not spending $80 to buy it from GIJoeHQ a couple months ago.

BelgianGabber
07-30-2004, 09:56 AM
I have a spare one. It's missing a few parts though

antybots
08-24-2004, 10:34 AM
I'll give you one reason why the rubber wheels on the Action Force APC are better than the plastic ones o the GI Joe APC. That reason is Concrete.

As a kid I would often have battles in my back yard, which is concrete.
The plastic wheels on both my AWE strikers split apart in the middle as a result of hard driving on the concrete. The rubber ones on my AF vehicles were fine. Also, due to the rough concrete in my back yard, the vibrations of running my later plastic wheel stingers at speed over the terrain caused the troops riding on the back to fall off and sometimes scratch. The early rubber wheel stingers absorbed the shocks and the troops stayed on.

AlternateUniverse Steeler
08-24-2004, 11:16 PM
pics not working. Did anyone save them? i am super curious now.

RotterdamTerrorCorps
08-25-2004, 03:37 AM
Pics: http://www.actionforce.org/zforce/atc.html

3rd picture shows clearly the interior and... it's mine! :) Stretcher needs to be a green one, I know. Swapped it with other APC, which is now close to complete apart from the missiles. They seem to miss on 99% of all APC's.

Gemini Matrix
08-25-2004, 09:44 AM
The AF APC is definitely the better out of all the APCs for joes. It's all the little details that do it for me.

frenchy
08-25-2004, 09:57 AM
The AF APC is definitely the better out of all the APCs for joes. It's all the little details that do it for me.

I totally agree. Its suprising what a few small touches can do for somthing.

GBPackRat
08-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Man, that APC is so much cooler than what we've got here in the US....

Tanner

RotterdamTerrorCorps
08-25-2004, 12:58 PM
I have got two. I am open to bribes! :D

On previous page I posted a link where you can see the one available. Please keep shipping-costs in mind. It needs to come from Europe! PM please.

AlternateUniverse Steeler
08-25-2004, 10:19 PM
how much for it?

scwv
08-26-2004, 12:23 AM
pics not working. Did anyone save them? i am super curious now.

http://internationaljoes.com/ArmouredTroopCarrier.htm

RotterdamTerrorCorps
08-26-2004, 02:42 AM
pm or mail

newswseller
08-31-2004, 03:49 AM
I have 2 for sale right now if anybody is interested - ad is in the for sale section.

RotterdamTerrorCorps
08-31-2004, 04:09 AM
Mine goes for 59USD + shipping. Hey I need to blow away the competition!

http://www.actionforce.org/zforce/images/Z_Force_Armoured_Troop_Carrier_1984.jpg