Bad, bad bust and Statue News [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Bad, bad bust and Statue News

Jeff Bohn
07-29-2004, 11:46 PM
http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=129236#post129236

:(

Dreadnok4life
07-30-2004, 11:09 AM
That SUCKS!!! I have been collecting the mini busts and they rock. The other busts were a little too expensive for me but I would have loved to have gotten them too.

GBPackRat
07-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Bummer it was a good line...

Expensive, but good.

Tanner

frenchy
07-30-2004, 07:30 PM
I echo what everyone else said. Its to bad this line was so expensive.

Richard J.
08-01-2004, 12:57 AM
I've been irked with Palisades since they cancelled their Resident Evil figures.

Now I'm even more irked.

Richard J.

dockingbay97
08-02-2004, 10:34 AM
I've been irked with Palisades since they cancelled their Resident Evil figures.

Now I'm even more irked.

Richard J.

How can you be irked with them? If the toys/statues don't sell enough to be profitable, how can they make them?

Richard J.
08-02-2004, 07:46 PM
How can you be irked with them? If the toys/statues don't sell enough to be profitable, how can they make them?

Rationally I know that. Emotionally, I'm irked. It just bothers me. They were making quality items and now they can't because of money concerns. It just really bothers me that a company can't even expect high quality products to sell anymore.

Also, I feel that Palisades is failing to properly cushion itself. Niche items are never going to sell enormously and, lets face it, GI Joe statue busts are a niche item. They put out a lot of them very quickly, which must have eaten up a lot of corporate funds. Collectors can't just buy everything the instant it comes out, they need time to gather funds.

I'm probably being irrational about the whole thing but, well, I just don't like it. It makes me worry that Hasbro will decide Joe's not making enough in general and just stop production. What do we have after that? Nothing but the CORPS! Ugh.

A lot of things like that bother me. Cheap crap beats quality product because no one cares if it's garbage as long as it's cheap. It worries me.

Listen to me. I'm 21 and I sound like someone's grandfather complaining that "things were much better in my day sonny boy!"

Richard J.

P.S. Sorry for the long post.

frenchy
08-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Rationally I know that. Emotionally, I'm irked. It just bothers me. They were making quality items and now they can't because of money concerns. It just really bothers me that a company can't even expect high quality products to sell anymore.

Also, I feel that Palisades is failing to properly cushion itself. Niche items are never going to sell enormously and, lets face it, GI Joe statue busts are a niche item. They put out a lot of them very quickly, which must have eaten up a lot of corporate funds. Collectors can't just buy everything the instant it comes out, they need time to gather funds.

I'm probably being irrational about the whole thing but, well, I just don't like it. It makes me worry that Hasbro will decide Joe's not making enough in general and just stop production. What do we have after that? Nothing but the CORPS! Ugh.

A lot of things like that bother me. Cheap crap beats quality product because no one cares if it's garbage as long as it's cheap. It worries me.

Listen to me. I'm 21 and I sound like someone's grandfather complaining that "things were much better in my day sonny boy!"

Richard J.

P.S. Sorry for the long post.

You have many valid points. WE are in the WAL Mart age. Everyone wants everything cheap, cheap, cheap.

dockingbay97
08-02-2004, 10:39 PM
There is an arguement that they put out too much too quick. It was hard and expensive to keep up.

But had they put out 2-3 busts a year, people would have been yelling at them for that too.

acmirro
08-03-2004, 12:06 AM
I never bought a bust or a statue, but i was totally into that Destro IG one.

Too bad!

Richard J.
08-03-2004, 04:49 AM
There is an arguement that they put out too much too quick. It was hard and expensive to keep up.

But had they put out 2-3 busts a year, people would have been yelling at them for that too.

Total catch-22 isn't it?

Richard J.

cthulhu522
08-03-2004, 09:17 AM
Too bad. Although I just started collecting G.I. Joe stuff. I already have a couple Busts and the CC Mini-Statue. The Gentle Giant Star Wars busts are hands down my favorite Star Wars collectibles, and I was excited to start a G.I. Joe bust collection as well.

dockingbay97
08-03-2004, 10:45 AM
The Gentle Giant Star Wars busts are hands down my favorite Star Wars collectibles, and I was excited to start a G.I. Joe bust collection as well.

Mine too but too bad the exclusives out of that line are one of the major sources of aggrevation when it comes to SW collecting.

cthulhu522
08-04-2004, 05:14 AM
Mine too but too bad the exclusives out of that line are one of the major sources of aggrevation when it comes to SW collecting.

That is no Joke! It seems like Gentle Giant is trying to make it better now since they are going to make some available online to buy, which is similar to Palisades. However, I believe Palisades is absolutely amazing in that it puts every exclusive up for sale online! Seeing them lose the line saddens me because they are a great company.

joeboy75
08-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Bummer, I was just going to start collecting these too.

frenchy
08-06-2004, 01:20 PM
I was thinking about collecting these as well. Now i know there are not going to be any more i have to get.

Jeff Bohn
08-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Smallblueplanet.com has the Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Baroness, and Roadblock mini busts at 12.99 each.

frenchy
08-06-2004, 07:23 PM
thanks Jeff