On a mission [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : On a mission

GILTYONE
08-01-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm on a mission 4 the prefect paint. Does anybody know what paint or addetive I can use 4 paintin. What paint do u use? And zombieguide u don't have to answer I don't its a "secret" thanks guys 4 your in put.

amphigory
08-01-2004, 09:27 PM
layer 1: tamiya paint
layer 2: clearcoat and tamiya paint
layer 3: clearcoat

i like to sand the plastic lightly, it really helps the paint stick. and if you sand the joints a little smaller, it will keep the paint from cracking.

GILTYONE
08-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks I tried the sandin thing as I have done customs 4 so long but it takes too long and never really comes out good 4 me thanks man what paint is that you use I never heard d of it were do u get yours what type of paint is it thanks

amphigory
08-02-2004, 01:19 AM
you can get tamiya paint at local hobby or train stores. it is a little pricey, but well worth it.

KrymsynGardImmoral
08-03-2004, 01:49 AM
Thanks I tried the sandin thing as I have done customs 4 so long but it takes too long and never really comes out good 4 me thanks man what paint is that you use I never heard d of it were do u get yours what type of paint is it thanks

Instead of sanding, try scrubbing with a light abrasive cleanser, like Comet, and a toothbrush. It will get into all the little cracks and crevices, and leaves a really nice surface for the paint to adhere to. I use this method for figures and vehicles. I use Citadel paint, it works well, but doesn't keep for very long.

GILTYONE
08-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Instead of sanding, try scrubbing with a light abrasive cleanser, like Comet, and a toothbrush. It will get into all the little cracks and crevices, and leaves a really nice surface for the paint to adhere to. I use this method for figures and vehicles. I use Citadel paint, it works well, but doesn't keep for very long.
That sounds useful and should work well I'm on that mission for hasbro paint quailty I'm workin on using an alcohol base product using rubbin alcohol, gasoline (which might meld the prastic if on or in to long), or the proffessional stuff like the stuff called PREP they use it to clean cars before paint. I will post it if any comes out the best.