Payload and Hardtop question [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Payload and Hardtop question

BelgianGabber
08-02-2004, 04:56 PM
I can get a payload with helmet and backpack (v1) and a hardtop with mic. What are two fair prices for these two guys?

themoney75
08-02-2004, 05:02 PM
payload v1 30
hardtop with mic 70-80

2 years ago it would of been more but most of the joes have fallen in price.

BelgianGabber
08-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Lol, I got them and paid 50$ for both and thought it was much

frenchy
08-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Nice find then.

danyanda
08-02-2004, 09:05 PM
That's definitely a good deal for being in Europe.

BelgianGabber
08-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Yeah true, now my Defiant is finally manned!

Cobra_Island_Survivor
08-03-2004, 06:31 AM
payload v1 30
hardtop with mic 70-80

2 years ago it would of been more but most of the joes have fallen in price.

why do joes sell for crap now it s terrible and disturbing!

Dean
08-03-2004, 10:30 AM
why do joes sell for crap now it s terrible and disturbing!

They don't sell for crap for no reason. Hasbro is re-releasing some of the rare figures now IE Hardtop and Mjr. Storm. Who knows what other HTF molds of figures they have?

Although, maybe because of the re-release of the army builders, the vintage counterparts are slightly higher in price, well some of them.

drveovru2
08-03-2004, 01:03 PM
alot of things are going for alot less since the demand is not that high anymore. alot of people are completing there collections and dont need certain figures. the 3'3/4" gijoe collecting has a limited amount of collectors. so many figures were produced and with ebay being an endless supply of toy collections from parents attics, you will see prices drop. if joes had the following of star wars then price would probably be relatively stable. but you will find that as people complete there collections, most figures will drop in price. and as more people get use to ebay( alot of people havent actally used it) , a larger supply of joes are available. most of the rare figures were produced in a large enough quanity that 70-80 dollars will be too high. ( i know figures like glenda and such are scarce, they will never fall into this category)

I think a situational factor also come in to play. alot of us are 24-35 and we have changing priorities.(family, and house payments)

BelgianGabber
08-03-2004, 05:33 PM
True. But I also think a lot of collectors first want all the stuff that was released in their country and then switch to 'exclusives'. And from what I've been seeing, the more exclusive figures are starting to be harder to find. A lot of guys that had joes when they were little, are now moving out and throw it away. That's what I came accross of a lot lately. I checked with all my friends and most of them said they threw it away. I got some great free stuff though like a complete Night raven but still. You will always be able to pick up stuff like 'cobra de aco' and so on, but if you are buying it from a collector, no real bargains will be available... I have gotten a lot of uk figs over the past but it's getting harder to find C9 and complete figs... This is my experience and I know a lot of people will disagree :)