Just starting out... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Just starting out...

nas_78
08-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey all...recently I've started putting together all my old toys to sell...G.I. Joe, Star Wars, He-Man, Transformers, etc... G.I. Joe was the first I started and to be honest I've never sold anything online before. I've put my list together and had alot of people e-mail me for it. The one thing that worries me is the actual sale and transaction. Normally when someone buys off another on here does the person send the money to the seller and then the seller sends the items once they have the money? A few people have told me that's how they do it but I want to see what other people say. I'm from Ohio and originially I was hoping to find people in the State to sell to and just do the sale face to face...but with the size of my collection I think I basically have to sell things out individually because for me to sell it all at once would be alot of $$$ Anyway, any advice I'd appreciate! Thanks!

danyanda
08-03-2004, 08:22 PM
If you have no credentials, you will either have to start out with lots of small ($10 and under) deals and build up a reputation or else send your item first. Lots of people want to rip others off, even for toys, so many people on these boards have been ripped off and are wary of who they deal with. Not that they won't deal with you, but if you want to sell to them with no references you will probably have to send your end first.
There are, however, a lot of collectors from Ohio, and a lot of collectors who purchase large collections. I would say there is a very good possibility of you being able to sell you entire collection to one person, and possibly do it face to face as well.

GBPackRat
08-03-2004, 08:47 PM
I think Chris Neal and Frenchy are from those parts...

They might be good people to work a few trades through to build up some rep here.

Dan's right though, I rarely trade with newbies... Nothing against, them, I just know how easy it is to send your stuff and never get anything in return.

Tanner