Power Fighter Techno Viper Variant [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Power Fighter Techno Viper Variant

scwv
08-04-2004, 06:08 PM
just wanted to pass on some info i just found out. may be breaking news or something everybody already knows. well i have 2 boxed techno viper power fighters and just looked at them side by side a few minutes ago and noticed the power fighter mech that he came with has 2 variations. 1 is a green matallic and the other is silver.

you can basically see that variation here:
http://yojoe.com/vehicles/94/cobrapowerfighter/

the boxed one is the green one of course while the silver one is really a pre prod picture (or whatever, test shot blah blah, blah..u get it) however the body of it is true to form over all with exceptions of the extras like missiles and guns.

dryhawk37
08-04-2004, 07:42 PM
I may be mistaken, but most of the Canadian version Power Fighters (with Techno Viper) were in the green mold. Not to sure, but saw a boxed one once and it was different.

scwv
08-04-2004, 07:52 PM
damn it drew now i have to go dig them out again lol. either way i guess thats a new foreign exclusive! lol.

scwv
08-04-2004, 08:05 PM
boxes are identical. of course it doesn't mean one wasn't shipped in canada and the other in the states. also noticed the upc has american flags on both!

frenchy
08-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I think your on to somthing here...anyone have more info?

joeboy75
08-04-2004, 08:52 PM
I remember a guy selling one a ebay a while back and he said he had the varient color, only I can't remeber what color it was that he was selling. Should have bought the darn thing.

dryhawk37
08-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Bill, I think the Canadian version has a different box than the US (different style window box) but it is the green tinted version Im almost positive. Would like to see some pics of the 2 diff. ones u have though...

scwv
08-04-2004, 10:55 PM
see again ur making me dig them out, lol j/k. when i get a chance i'll snaps ome. i'm telling u man the box is identical. i am guessing u are saying there were green here too but mostly in canada?

acmirro
08-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Nice find, Bill. This is something worth looking into!

Druss
08-05-2004, 07:31 AM
I had one of these for sale, I don't recall which though but I noticed the color differences when I sold it.

I think Gemini bought it from me, so maybe he'll remember which one it was.

CGC
08-16-2005, 07:03 PM
I knew I'd read about this somewhere, but it took awhile to find it :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have Power Fighters with 2 differant paint schemes. The silver one I got boxed, so I can safely say that it was a US release. The green or turquoise version was loose when I got it though, so I can't confirm if it is a foreign variant. The stickers are all identical and the paint is original - I looked pretty close for any signs of rubbing, sanding, or solvents, & I really don't think that there was ever any other color of paint that has been removed.

http://photos.yojoe.com/data/500/pwr_ftr_var2.JPG