GI Joe: Retaliation, You In? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : GI Joe: Retaliation, You In?

Geek-Viper
03-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Ok, I'm officially declaring this GI Joe Month! So with the new movie coming out I wanna know, what do you think?

I hope I put enough options to cover peoples thoughts. If not, just choose the closest and tell us more.

Also, please choose an opinion and how many dimensions you plan to see it in.

Personally I'm going opening weekend to see it in 3D. I figure if they're making me wait all this time for 3 dimensions I'm going to see what the big fuss was all about.

Lt. Night Viper
03-05-2013, 01:08 AM
I'll see it in 2D when I get a chance, but I'm not expecting much. Hopefully I'll be surprised, especially after being so disappointed the first time.

Super Sport
03-05-2013, 01:19 AM
I'll probably rent it. Or wait until next summer when it's on TV, dubbed in Spanish, and butchered for commercial breaks. I'm thinking it'll be on Unimas, Univision's sister network, sandwiched in between a Dolph Lundgren movie and a Steven Seagal movie. Either-Or...

NightViperOne
03-05-2013, 02:27 PM
I just can't see it being any better than the first, which totally alienated all us old-school fans. So, no, I don't really feel I'll be missing anything. Maybe DVD... when my wife gets a free rental... maybe.

-Jim

Kronz
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
I still haven't bothered with the first one, and just don't feel like watching either. My colorful childhood memories don't seem to be part of this film franchise so I don't feel I am missing anything. Rise of Cobra had good toys though, and I enjoyed collecting them. If I can sort out my finances in time for the clearance sales, I might pick up some Retaliation toys too, but I am not losing sleep over it. Kwinn is the only must-have for me so far, and even then, I have the O-ring version so I won't be too disappointed if I miss him. Further reveals of vehicles and figures for the year may spark my interest though, and if the Eaglehawk comes in movie packaging I will still be buying one since I am just gonna play with it anyways.

tripwire
03-06-2013, 08:00 PM
I am not expecting much either and am in no rush to see it. However, my son wants to see it, so that is what matters to me. It will be a nice day out together regardless if the movie delivers or not. We saw ROC together and had fun.

With that being said, my expectations are pretty low. All I really want to see is a good action movie with some designs that are at least closer to classic ARAH than ROC was. I know it won't be an exact interpretation, but ANYTHING has to be closer than accelerator suits were.

GijoeHM
03-07-2013, 06:06 AM
i'll be seeing it mid week after it opens. I am hopeful, cautiously hopeful. A great buddy of mine said in regards to the first "joe" movie that we as fans and die hards may have (and I completely did) found it crap but it potentially opened a new generation to joe. He was drunk when he said it. LOL!

Geek-Viper
03-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Wait a minute. When I checked this post yesterday there was maybe 15 votes. Then I look at it today and there are 70+ for each one? Somethings fishy here. :confused:

Plastica
03-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Mi amigo you should have included an option for wait for DVD or iTunes

Geek-Viper
03-07-2013, 08:23 PM
It only gave me 10 spots. I thought the Rent option kind of covered the "Homefront Heroes" options. I was really curious about the 2D/3D choices people would make so I had to squeeze them in.

grunt 4 mvp
03-08-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm thinking it'll be on Unimas, Univision's sister network, sandwiched in between a Dolph Lundgren movie and a Steven Seagal movie. Either-Or...

That's a heckuva night right there....

But as for the 3-D theatre release...I'm in there like swimwear.

Jordell
03-13-2013, 04:36 PM
I would buy it when it's out on DVD but won't be rushing to the cinema. Looks like it might be better than the first one. No idea what those poll results mean though.

Geek-Viper
03-18-2013, 08:53 PM
No idea what those poll results mean though.

I know, it says there's been 85 votes but each option is 70+? I was going to go subtract the "7" off each but that doesn't add up either. But thanks for participating :D

MonkeywrenchF118th
03-19-2013, 10:49 PM
I will watch it opening weekend.

skinny
03-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Ill be there on Mar 26th Tuesday afternoon when they open to buy tickets.

Geek-Viper
03-23-2013, 11:10 PM
I just saw that I can buy tickets for Wednesday through Fandango. Now I'm going to have to check everyone's work schedules.

canuckjoefan
03-23-2013, 11:18 PM
As soon as this hits the theatres, I'm there. Anything that helps bring GI Joe back into the spotlight is fine by me! I didn't hate the first movie; it was ok, and they got a few things right, but it's almost always a guarantee that what Hollywood puts out is not going to appeal to all fans. No difference here, really. I'm happy that the first film did well enough that they greenlighted a sequel.

This has all the makings of a profitable franchise, and really promises to continue to bring back the nostalgia that GI Joe has for all of us.

New GI Joe movie = good for everyone. :)

Grunt
03-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I'll see it in the theatre, but I'm in no hurry. My main reason for watching it though will be to spend the afternoon with my boys. It will be fun but I have no expectations as a Joe fan. It will definately be a matinee for us.

cageyJG
03-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Three days left, need tickets, need to get there early, somewhere that serves beer, dare I wear my Joe shirt???

GijoeHM
03-26-2013, 10:01 AM
of course wear your joe shirt! Heck, i'm wearing a brand spanking new one! As for the beer, well JD is a lot easier to get in with a flask and thankfully goes well with soft drinks that they sell at the theaters! LOL!

cageyJG
03-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Indeed!!

I just had an incredible idea: What if...
They had cast Christina Hendricks as Scarlett???
Mind-blowing, isn't it!

Lody
03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Movie was AWESOME