View Full Version : potf Millenium Falcon

Icebreaker
08-08-2004, 08:07 AM
I got one when I was hyped on star wars around 1996. However, my star wars collecting pretty much stopped after getting it out of the box and setting it up. I never even put batteries in to try the sounds. My first and last star wars vehicle.

As it is, it is becoming a tripping hazard in the box on the floor, and I was wondering if it is worth trying to sell or trade here or elsewhere. How is it viewed from a collecting stand point, as it seems to be a '77 (?) remold from the kenner falcon. Or has there been a few different falcon playsets/vehicles?

orionlukteel
08-08-2004, 10:37 AM
I keep getting these in parts lots on eBay - funny thing is, they're
about 95% complete most of the time.

The primary differences between this and the vintage Falcon are (1) you don't have to worry about losing that stupid Jedi ball with the new one and (2) the POTF Falcon has all the nifty electronics, which I think are a lot cooler than the mechanical whine the old one had.

I just saw the VOTC Falcon on the shelf at Target yesterday. It looked like the same mold as the POTF Falcon, and boasted the same electronic sounds, but it's in the retro Original Trilogy box.

As far as new ones, complete ones, or ones still in the box, you might want
to search eBay for POTF Falcon auctions and then run a mean cost.

I'd expect a loose one to max out at about $30, and even that might be stretching it.

As far as demand, I usually check eBay for the number of auctions running and how many of those have bids. For a POTF Falcon, I wouldn't sell unless a number of those are over $15, and even then I'd have to reconsider.

But as always, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Who knows? You may run into someone who's desperately seeking one and will shell out $100. LOL But test the waters first.

Good luck!
Peace,
Pat

dockingbay97
08-08-2004, 11:34 AM
I just saw the VOTC Falcon on the shelf at Target yesterday. It looked like the same mold as the POTF Falcon, and boasted the same electronic sounds, but it's in the retro Original Trilogy box.

The new OTC (not VOTC) Falcon has new electronics, light up engines and a retooled cockpit (to fit modern figures).

The value of Falcons isn't really there as there has been so many released.

Without a box you are looking at the $20-$30 range for your POTF 2 Falcon.

Obiwanjacoby
08-08-2004, 03:22 PM
So. . .should I trade my complete (w/seeker bead) vintage Falcon for one that does alot of neat & kewl stuff? :D

I'm pretty tempted in that direction.

-PJ

Icebreaker
08-08-2004, 05:20 PM
I just saw that new falcon on the shelf at Target. That one sounds a lot more fun than the one I have. Is there going to be a push for original trilogy items coming up? When is episode III, next spring?

Mine is up for trade if anyone wants to offer any 'joe items, just pm, or email.

I didn't think it would be too heavily sought after. Are all the original falcon releases the same from kenner, or did they change from film to film showing?

Thanks again, for the information.