Am I the only one who can't stand Quick Kick? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Am I the only one who can't stand Quick Kick?

toyosaurus
08-10-2004, 11:54 AM
I like most of the G.I. Joe characters in the cartoon to varying degrees. Some I like a lot, others I like less, but for some reason the one I really can't stand is Quick Kick.

Is it just me?

gun metal
08-10-2004, 12:46 PM
I don't know what the deal was during the 1st season , but for some reason every other character was a comedian. Alpine and Bazook' were your Bert and Ernie duo, Airtight was your dry humored scientific guy; Shipreck played the hopelessly romantic wise arse and Quick Kick was the guy who did impressions. All these guys were very entertaining but I kinda agree that they are more of a joy in small doses.

Mike JT
08-11-2004, 12:49 AM
As a kid I could have cared less about Quick Kick. But having bought s.1 Pt.2.. I have to say I really like the Quick Kick centered stuff. Like when he fights Storm Shadow's army of ninjas and even his weird impressions.

Alkie Ewok
08-11-2004, 06:45 PM
I thought it was something split along most of the people that like the comic a lot hate quick kick & vice versa. For example: I don't care about ripcord. Why? not much usage in the cartoon. :)

Graz73
08-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Quick-kick was never a bad character in the Comics, it's just that his uniform seemed even more ridiculous...

zartan74
08-12-2004, 05:39 PM
I liked Quick Kick he was alright....................

frenchy
08-13-2004, 09:11 PM
He was just another goofy joe to me.

the joe bandit
08-13-2004, 10:30 PM
I actually have found myself looking for a Quick Kick figure now that I have been watching season one. My fiance asked if I had him yet. When I said no, she said "well you should"! So while he maybe goofy, he had his purpose.

detroscastle
08-14-2004, 03:37 AM
I agree quick kick sucks in the cartoon.However so does barbeque,but as for figure's he is one of my favorites.

crimson tide
08-14-2004, 10:16 AM
I thought that Quick Kick was okay in the cartoon, but I never had his figure until 1998.

Spillspleen
08-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey was alright...no complaints here...loved the accessories like the backpack that held the sword...that made the figure...the character in the comic was alright and he was only in one or two episodes...so the Hollywood actor thing never sunk in...!!!

nightc1
08-17-2004, 12:59 PM
When growing up... I loved Quick Kick. I still have my original action figure for him as well with nunchuks and all :D

In the comic QK was pretty cool IMO. Another martial artist yet not a Ninja. It was a nice variation to yet throw in another bit of cultural diversity in the Joe team. In the cartoon, I though they didn't do him justice... but then again... many of the characters lost something in the cartoon which seemed deeper and richer in the various Marvel comic Joe lines.

Even Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow lost a little something in the translation to TV. But it was still all enjoyable.

Reptilian Popinjay
10-08-2004, 02:48 AM
I liked Quick Kick's personality in the animation but it was absurd to have him always wear that outfit.

ThisIs1979
01-17-2005, 04:17 PM
I liked Quick Kick's personality in the animation but it was absurd to have him always wear that outfit.

Yeah, he was waaay under-dressed for that dive into the snow he, Alpine and Bazooka did in "Pyramid Of Darkness". Come to think of it, he probably should've been frozen alive in about five minutes running around in Greenland (or wherever they were) with only a pair of sweat pants on...