Flagg Aircraft Carrier question [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Flagg Aircraft Carrier question

dheadt
04-07-2013, 03:37 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase a complete Flagg aircraft carrier with box for $1200. This thing is in super super condition all stickers are great all pieces are in great condition, comes with everything. Box is in a little rough shape but that's no big deal.

Is this a fair price? I have loved GI Joe my whole life but my son and I just recently started to collect them again. Were having a blast with it and I would love to add the Flagg to my collection. It is my Holy Grail so to speak, always wanted it growing up just never got it.

Here are a couple pictures of how awesome this thing is!

canuckjoefan
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase a complete Flagg aircraft carrier with box for $1200. This thing is in super super condition all stickers are great all pieces are in great condition, comes with everything. Box is in a little rough shape but that's no big deal.

Is this a fair price? I have loved GI Joe my whole life but my son and I just recently started to collect them again. Were having a blast with it and I would love to add the Flagg to my collection. It is my Holy Grail so to speak, always wanted it growing up just never got it.

Here are a couple pictures of how awesome this thing is!

Hi there! I was in your position a few weeks ago. I got mine, complete, for $750, plus $90 shipping, minus the original box (which I didn't mind, at that price).

$1000-$1200 DOES seem to be the going rate for the Flagg, though. That seems about fair, but I would try to barter them down a bit if you can.

Definitely you should go for it, IMO. I just recently started collecting again, and this was a no-brainer. You're absolutely right that this thing is the Holy Grail of Joe collecting, and if you have a chance to get one, you should. Getting a chance at a Flagg in good condition like that is worth the money, IMO.

Good luck!

navy viper
04-07-2013, 07:34 PM
it all depends on how "deep your pockets are" if thats a fair amount to spend I seen a few flaggs that were priced that way at the Joe Con from a very reputable dealer ( I did not check on condition or completeness ) I spent a little over $200 on my incomplete at a toy show , but mine was not complete or in perfect condition. I was extremely happy with my Flagg for what I paid. it now sits underneath my bed because I honestly have no room in my house for it after I put up shelving to display everything else I have in my collection.
The box is another thing to give thought to- it is huge in its self, so it will take up a great deal of space just to display it. Now it all depend on how big a living space you have ? if you have the space , then sure its a awesome piece - no doubt about it. as for $1200 ? just depends on how deep your pockets are & how bad you want it I guess ? just something to think about

FireFox91
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I have to say that price is high. I just saw a sealed in box Flagg and Joecon for $1700. Open box complete for less than $1000.

Kronz
04-08-2013, 12:28 AM
talk him down to $1000 :)

MARSagent
04-08-2013, 07:59 AM
I agree with the others. Price is high. Offer under a $1000 and tell him that you're doing him a favor because he doesn't have t ship it. He'll come back at you with the price you want to pay.

Cold_slither
04-08-2013, 08:12 AM
I believe its a little high myself. I would feel comfortable between $800-900 TOPS if it were me. I got mine cheaper with box in great condition below $700 but that was 5 yrs ago. But its up to you if you feel like missing out on it. Maybe you can try to bargain on it as someone else mentioned.

Cold_slither
04-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Does it have the bull horn, figure and weapon, blueprints, or filecard??

turner
04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
At the joe con last year a guy had the flagg with box for 700, that was seen as a good deal then. I wouldn't want to pay 1200 for it though.

dheadt
04-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes it has all of those.

Graham_UK
04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
When you say it's complete, please double check it has:
-Fantail railing (Original)
-Mast end cap
-All deck fixings and 2 deck pins
-On the front bow section, check the small panel on the cannon side is present
-Check the mic is complete and working

All these things are pigs to get afterward and end up costing more than the things worth

Cold_slither
04-08-2013, 02:46 PM
well, do a search on completed items on ebay and get a feel for what they go for and what you think is fair. look at some that were complete Flaggs with a box. And then figure a working bull horn can go for over $100 on ebay. Figure, weapon and FC can fetch $50-$75 on ebay. And the BP's can fetch $50 or more if your lucky. So thats a couple hundred bucks or more for all that. I believe a complete Flagg with box is worth $600-700. And if you bought those pieces seperately.....another $200. Total anywhere between $800-$900 BUT NO MORE THAN $1000. I'd only pay $1000 if I was desperate and just plain tired of looking and ready to get it over with. Good luck!!!!

turner
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM
I got a flagg in nice shape with damaged box, but missing 17 pieces not including keel haul and the paperwork and also the mic didn't work. I've managed to get some of the parts but I have no intention of paying 120 bucks for the fantail railing. I think I'm still missing the mast cap, both y pins, a radar stem, the crane engine cover, and the purge valve. But I got the flagg and a truck load of other things (mostly missing parts and such) for 150 from a pawn shop maybe 3 years ago. The lot included an incomplete mobile command center and a stripped defiant also. That sucker would definately cost a fortune to complete. He was selling the defiant shell (crawler, booster, and shuttle) for $25. It also had an incomplete night raven.

Cold_slither
04-08-2013, 03:04 PM
I got a flagg in nice shape with damaged box, but missing 17 pieces not including keel haul and the paperwork and also the mic didn't work. I've managed to get some of the parts but I have no intention of paying 120 bucks for the fantail railing. I think I'm still missing the mast cap, both y pins, a radar stem, the crane engine cover, and the purge valve. But I got the flagg and a truck load of other things (mostly missing parts and such) for 150 from a pawn shop maybe 3 years ago. The lot included an incomplete mobile command center and a stripped defiant also. That sucker would definately cost a fortune to complete. He was selling the defiant shell (crawler, booster, and shuttle) for $25. It also had an incomplete night raven.

You definitely got a good deal for $150. Unfortunately the pieces you need are expensive but if you did complete it one day, you would have paid well under the going rate. Fantails are less expensive from what ive seen lately. $60- $70 if I recall. Check em out.

turner
04-09-2013, 08:12 AM
You definitely got a good deal for $150. Unfortunately the pieces you need are expensive but if you did complete it one day, you would have paid well under the going rate. Fantails are less expensive from what ive seen lately. $60- $70 if I recall. Check em out.

I hear you, and the 150 was actually for all the stuff, some was mostly a shell (skystriker, defiant), some had about half the parts (night raven, mobile command center) some were missing most parts (mauler) the razor back had a broken wheel peg, the mudslinger was complete, and there was a terror drome box and parts but no terror drome. Best I remember, others in varying states of incompleteness was the asp, mobat, triple t, devil fish, fang, agp, transportable tactical battle platform (had a lot of parts), and extra parts to the joe hq and other vehicles that there weren't shells for.

vadersquest
04-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I have to agree with others....1200 is way too much for that Flagg. I sold a boxed on at Joe con (not complete though) for 475. I think 700-900