Please help me determine if this is a variation (scarlett comic pack) [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Please help me determine if this is a variation (scarlett comic pack)

L'Ombrageux
08-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Take out your Scarlett comic pack (jinx remold) and look at her butt ;)

I've got 2 versions here, one that is only written "made in China" in big characters and another one that is written on 2 lines "made in china" and on the other "H-1"...

Which one do you have?

Thanks!

notpicard
08-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Mine says both lines. Are there any other distinguishing characteristics?

Aaron
08-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately, I can't see what it says on the one MOC, but the Scarlett I opened has the 1 line on it. Looks like you found a variation.

Obiwanjacoby
08-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Mine sez. . .

"If you can read this, you're too close" :D

J/K lame joke sorry had 2 be done.:o

Mine is the "Made in China, H-1" version.

-PJ

Patrick A. Riley
08-12-2004, 08:59 PM
I asked a similar question before. I have two Annihilators. One said "Made in China", the other "Made in Hong Kong"
People told me it doesn't qualify as a variant

frenchy
08-12-2004, 09:24 PM
My guess is it was made in a different factory, just my guess.

L'Ombrageux
08-13-2004, 08:48 AM
I don't see any other apparent difference, and the crotches seem to be totally the same so I don't know why they're tagged differently (while saying both made in china anyway).

I got the H-1 from a Hong Kong seller on eBay a few weeks before release, and the "no H-1" version is a retail version I opened (I also have a MOC, but won't open it just to check that ;) ). So I was wondering if the H-1 meant something like "before release"... but it looks like a lot of you out there still got the H-1 variant at release? So it's a variation I guess...

Anybody have an 88 Jinx to let us know what's on her butt? I find it strange that they changed something on the mold since we can still see the 88 copyright on the inner leg of this 2004 Scarlett!

Captain-DC
08-13-2004, 09:06 AM
88? Now that alone would be odd. Since she was dated 1987 and came out in 1987. Very Odd! :)

Are you sure it's not 98? They did redo that mold in 1998 for the Vypra figure? But if it does say 1988? Then that alone would be a Rare Variation as i have never seen a 1988 version.

:)

Unless they restamped them in 1988 or something? But again that would be odd.

L'Ombrageux
08-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Well ok, that's 87 then... but the point is, look at her butt, not her inner thigh :P

notpicard
08-13-2004, 10:48 AM
I asked a similar question before. I have two Annihilators. One said "Made in China", the other "Made in Hong Kong"
People told me it doesn't qualify as a variant

That's not what I would have said. I have yet to see a date stamp change when there is no other change to the figure. Many times, it is just a shade that changes and many will argue that it has faded.

But in these cases, we just need to find several samples of both stamps. For example, I am waiting to confirm the same deal with Blizzard v1. I need to see more, but it looks like one of the two of them has lighter brown details than the other.