venom vs. valor wave 3 firefly; what could have been [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : venom vs. valor wave 3 firefly; what could have been

bigklop
08-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, here's a custom firefly I just completed. Actually 2face over at TNI did pretty much the same one. I was inspired to give it a try after seeing his and am happy with how he came out. Especially since I was so dissapointed in the purple monstrocity. anyway here are some quick pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/bigklop/852c647f.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/bigklop/859f8aee.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/bigklop/db2d16af.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/bigklop/60088184.jpg

He is all VVV wave 4 firefly except his lower legs, which are 2002 snake eyes, and his lower arms, which are 2002 firefly. I just finished him today. I still have a few finishing paint touches here and there I need to do before he is 100% done, but I was pretty happy with him and wanted to share. Basically I used 3 different shades of apple barrel grey from walmart, with a little black for his boots, holster straps on his legs, etc. Also used a little silver for the gun handle, and parts on his chest. Also had to shave down his chest gun to get it to fit properly into his holster. anyway I hope you guys like him! now I just need to find the right gear to equip him with:^)

Mike

Dead-Eye
08-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Lookin' good.

diamondblackfan
08-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Very nice!!!

bigklop
08-13-2004, 02:19 PM
tweaked a bit. added some buckles to his leg holsters, straightened/tightened up a few lines, etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/bigklop/b8f6b6b6.jpg

crimson tide
08-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Now that is what I call total sweetness!! Awesome job!:D

frenchy
08-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Great work

highlander
08-13-2004, 11:50 PM
alsome work

Frezeboogz
08-13-2004, 11:51 PM
Oh yeah, thats what i am talking about. And Urban Ninja looking Firefly. I love the colors man. I just posted about how i like the BTR firefly and now i saw this one. Looks Great man. have u ever thought of making more figure with this same design and sending them to me for further inspection???

In conclusion. I REAlly like that figure there. I do.

My Generation Toys
08-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Mike, awesome job. Is this a replacement of the other Firefly you did?

I didn't know you were at TNI?? What's your user name on TNI, mine is My Generation Toys.

bigklop
08-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah, thats what i am talking about. And Urban Ninja looking Firefly. I love the colors man. I just posted about how i like the BTR firefly and now i saw this one. Looks Great man. have u ever thought of making more figure with this same design and sending them to me for further inspection???

In conclusion. I REAlly like that figure there. I do.

send me the parts and *ahem* a LITTLE something (not much of course, maybe a fig or two:^) and you got one!

bigklop
08-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Mike, awesome job. Is this a replacement of the other Firefly you did?

I didn't know you were at TNI?? What's your user name on TNI, mine is My Generation Toys.

Hey Sigfrido! not a replacement for the BTR per se, I just saw the one 2face did on TNI, and HAD to do it. which brings me to TNI, I don't post there. I actually just signed up (under bigklop, of course) so that I could contact 2face to find out which parts, paints he used. I figured out you were My Generation Toys on TNI awhile ago when I saw your AWESOME Latin/Mexican figure squad posted there:^)

GILTYONE
08-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Nice work I did one like that with the whole body of firefly wave 3 only a repaint though

Prince Adam
08-15-2004, 12:57 PM
I'd collect the new line if they all looked good like that!

Serpentor II
08-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Great work!

RocketJawa
08-20-2004, 08:33 PM
I like it a lot.. I have one suggestion though...

Maybe use a bit of dull coat spray on him.. he looks kinda shiney to me...

Otherwise, rock on!

bigklop
08-21-2004, 09:59 AM
I like it a lot.. I have one suggestion though...

Maybe use a bit of dull coat spray on him.. he looks kinda shiney to me...

Otherwise, rock on!

thanks for the suggestion! all I had at the time was a testors gloss coat. plus the only black I had was glossy, so overall I wasn't happy with that either....maybe I'll look for a dull coat today.

thanks again!

thorn
08-22-2004, 06:21 PM
hey how did you get the arms apart? and then back together?
very cool paintjob!

bigklop
08-23-2004, 08:30 AM
hey how did you get the arms apart? and then back together?
very cool paintjob!

thanks! with the new plastic elbow pins, if you take a small screwdriver and push real hard to the small side of the pin (outside part of the arm) you can pop it through and take the lower arm off the upper arm. Then just place it on a new arm and push the pin back through. It can be tough, but it can be done. You may also need to pry the lower arm part off the small part of the pin from inside the elbow....