Parts VS Whole Figure [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Parts VS Whole Figure

Ghost X
08-13-2004, 08:33 AM
I have been trying to track down some parts for various broken figures. I haven't had any luck so far. Should I just bite the bullet & try to grab the whole figure?

I am missing many thumbs on the original 82 line (Zap R, Short-Fuse R, Grunt R & L), a few waists (Bar 84, Monkeywrench 86) & a few chest pieces have cracked at the screw (Thunder 84, Serpentor 86)

Since these figures are in limited supply, I don't want to waste perfectly good figures. It just seems parts trading isnt so popular. Suggestions?

orionlukteel
08-13-2004, 09:39 AM
It's not a bad idea to go for the whole figure - just depends on the situation.

Contrary to popular belief, you *can* get '82-'83 figures relatively cheap.
Typically they're part of large lots, and are usually at the edge of fuzzy photos, but they're easily identifiable.

I just picked up Zap, Flash, Clutch, and a couple others with
their file cards and a random accessory or two for $5 each. I won't
hesitate to put some partial figures up, even the others that are part of this lot, to get, say, a left arm for my Hawk v.1.

So if you can get 'em relatively cheap, go for it! I've seen straight arm figure parts lots go anywhere from $5 to $35 depending on the size, some more reasonable deals than others.

Keep eyes open! I'll actually be posting body parts in my trade list within the next week or two.

Peace,
Pat

BelgianGabber
08-13-2004, 09:56 AM
I have been having difficulties finding body parts too. I do not longer bother and throw broken figs in a box. I have a couple swivel arms that need parts but I can't find them. I'll track the complete figure down I guess...

frenchy
08-13-2004, 03:36 PM
The hardest part is taking the time to make a parts list for trading. Thats what takes the longest and the most effort. I would but i dont have that much patience.

Inspector Sledge Hammer
08-13-2004, 04:04 PM
I try to keep a list of body parts I have and need, but body parts trade lists do not pop up that often.

All I can say is keep trying. I have had some success, it just takes some work.

zartan15
08-13-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey, I got a bag o' parts too (including the serpentor chest.)I'm really in need of a straight arm right arm for a cobra soldier. But, I need some other stuff as well, so put up whatcha need, and let's help each other out.

Ghost X
08-13-2004, 06:49 PM
I have a list up in the trade section. Check it out and send me an email