Thoughts on selling complete vs incomplete figs? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Thoughts on selling complete vs incomplete figs?

Druss
08-14-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm curious what others think on this.....

I've got roughly 420 sorted figures currently for sale plus about another 80 I'm in the process of sorting.

Out of my 420 about half of which are complete, another large chunk are missing 1 or 2 pieces. Here-in lies my question.

When selling should I not bother selling a figure with accessories if it isn't complete or at least close to complete? Say for example a Dreadnok Ripper, if I've got 3 of them, one with only backpack, one missing only his hose and one missing hose and rifle. Now the first one probably isn't worth selling but the other two, while not complete have enough accessories to make them worthwhile.

My main thought is if a figure isn't complete should I pull all its accesories and sell those seperately and just sell the figure as is or if its close keep the parts.

Just curious what others think.

BelgianGabber
08-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Sell them with the accessories for sure. People will buy figures online missing one accessory. Example: ripper missing only gun: 6$, ripper with no accessories: 2$
The accessories you kept from that figure may not all sell and will bring in less. Out of my ebay experiences I think figures with some accessories make more then figures without + seperatly sold accessories in total...

Hope you understand what I mean :)

frenchy
08-14-2004, 06:14 PM
I personally try to sell only complete figures. I trade or buy the other accessories to complete figures.

Druss
08-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Well on ebay I typically only list the complete stuff for sale, but when I'm selling on here I sell quite a few loose figures, just curious if I should just focus on selling only complete figures, no accessories figures & accessories, or mix & match.

roboticplanet
08-14-2004, 08:52 PM
The problem with selling GI Joes on eBay (as opposed to, say, Transformers) is the inconsistancy in prices. Here's a good example I stumbled on today:

on eBay a complete Snow Job will sell for $2.75 to $16.01

An incomplete one (no acc or some included) may sell for $0.99 to $4.30.

Does this mean that a weapon set for this figure will sell for $1.76 to $11.71???? I'll tell you that it definitely won't sell for the higher price. I saw a pair of ski's unable to sell for $1.

Add some accessories in and you will most likely get more than without. But prices for weapons alone aren't linear. If they were then a Firefly walkie talkie could be worth as much as $24 (I looked into this one too). If you sell them complete you're odds of getting the most out the figure and weapons will be much better.

I'd just keep your incomplete ones around as trade stock or post them on yojoe (or a website if you got one) with prices that should be consistant with which accessories are missing - you're at no loss and eventually you'll find the right person to trade/buy the figure.

Nathan
www.roboticplanet.com