L'Ombrageux aka virtualogik on ebay is a deadbeat...have a look...Updated!!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : L'Ombrageux aka virtualogik on ebay is a deadbeat...have a look...Updated!!!

Spillspleen
08-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Updated...well over a month and a half and this guy still plays games, he never sent any payment...and will not supply any proof of recipt of any money order...he is a deadbeat...watch out for this world class arss!!!

Still no money order...this guy is full of it....:

This guy is ticking me off...and i am wondering what you think and what to do....here is his e-mail...martin@virtual...in case you do not recognise his name!!!

This guy is nuts...first off he bids on my auction without reading it...he wants to pay via paypal...I do not take paypal...then he wants to send a personal cheque...I do not take cheques...I ask for a money order and he says he can not go to the post office...it is to far away...!!!

Now I find out he has sent me payment the very next day by....postal money order...guess the post office was close enough after all....???...but I have not even calculated shipping for his item...lol...!!! He has sent me about 8 e--mails and they all have continually gone down hill from initially demanding that I accept paypal to swearing at me...he has come close to threatening me...!!

Anyone know if I report this will it go anywhere...???...and which avenue can I use to report this transaction???

If anyone can help me out I would be in your dept...this is one guy I need to do something about...I have over 300 transactions on ebay now and this is my first bad one...and it is only 24hrs old...:(...!!!!

Here is another post...it was in reply to his post on ebay Added two days after auction eneded...this is getting confusing but the more info the better:

Anyone want my side of the story...here you go:

A buyer sends me an e-mail asking what I thought shipping would be for this item...I answer...as always...with an estimate...about 8 Canadian...!!

My auction clearly states that I only accept money orders. I am not a big time seller...I have less than 30 sales...I mostly but on ebay! I have a perfect rating with no negatives...I have never had any trouble on ebay. I am at 143+.

This buyer snipes my item...no problem...and then tells me that he can only pay with paypal! I say I do not accept paypal...he became really pushy and asks what is the big deal with not accepting paypal. Then he wants to send a personal cheque...I again tell him I do not accept cheques and that he must send a money order...again he does not want to send a money order because the post office is to far away (or something like this)

Here is one of the lines he gives me” it's gonna take a long time and it's some extra trouble but if you absolutely can't accept PayPal..”

All this the night the auction ended, something like 5 e-mail were sent to me…I answer three I think. I asked for his address so I could get him a total.

Again here is what he said

” I took for granted that this auction was a go and I could bid
on it... not my fault that you don't answer all the questions! The way this
thing work is pretty simple, I check an auction I'm interested in, I fire
the questions away about things that are unclear or make a problem for me to
complete the transaction, the seller answers my questions and based on that
I bid or not... HOW COULD I KNOW THAT YOU DIDN'T ANSWERED ALL MY
QUESTIONS?!?!?!?! It's not like I didn't contact you BEFORE to ask....This is so ridiculous on your part!”

..the next morning I find out he has sent a money order (I guess the post office was not that far away?) I tell him I have yet to give him a total....how can he even send payment without a total...??? He then gets really rude...swearing in his e-mails...calling me down and becomes more and more demanding...he threatens to leave me negative feedback even before I have sent his total...??????????????????????????????????????????

Again here is what he said

“So I'm too demanding? I can offer you
an American check or even a Canadian check, your choice, but I'm too
demanding???!?!?!?!?!
Sell this to your second highest bidder, we'll say that we "mutually agreed"
not to complete this transaction...
Rude enough now?
Payment will be on its way in a week (or 2), US MO it will be.“

I became angry at this point and posted on two boards I use asking for help...and what do you know several people have had the same problem with this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other say he is rude...impulsive when e-mailing...(also I only replied to each of his e-mails...and only once before to ask for shipping info)

Here is more of what he had to say:

“Too late, you wanted a MO, you'll get a MO, it's already on the way.
Don't tell me total is incorrect, I asked my questions BEFORE bidding and
you answered them, including the fact that you told me shipping/handling
would be $8 CAD... Do I need to remember you that I also asked about PayPal
BEFORE bidding but it looks like YOU would need to learn how to read and
answer all questions that would make a situation like this arise.”

And more:

What's your ****ing problem seriously?!?!?!?!
“I ASKED FOR THE SHIPPING/HANDLING TOTAL BEFORE BIDDING, to which you answered $8 CAD... Why should I care if you write "exact shipping + extra $2
charged to get my *** to the post office"... that's part of the "HANDLING"
part of a "SHIPPING/HANDLING" fee request! To which you answered $8 CAD!
The frigging payment is on it's way to you, under your stupid conditions
even if I took the time to ASK before bidding about PayPal, and now you act
like a total **** and you'll keep harrassing me like this how much
longer????”

Anyways it all comes down to this...before I sent a total he threatens me with a negative if I do not accept his payment that is for less than his total...???

What should I do??

My auction is really clear about what payment I accept
My auction is really clear that a total will be sent after I have your complete address

Should I be bullied into accepting less that the total for his item???
Should I accept a payment method that I do not accept, like paypal...or a personal cheque???
Should feedback be used to get ones own way???

thunt4
08-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Have you considered accepting the rest of the payment as paypal just have someone accept it for you then they can mail you a payment? He sounds like a real winner, good luck

Spillspleen
08-16-2004, 07:55 PM
I actually offered to accept payment via paypal through someone else...but he had already sent the money order...!! I was going to do this because he was threating me with a negative feedback...!?!?!?!

He now says that if he does not get what’s he wants he will give me negative feedback...lol...I have not even sent him a total yet...and I am condemned to get my first negative...lol..!!!

L'Ombrageux
08-16-2004, 08:08 PM
We live in a small world hey? Yeah I can help you, I actually know him pretty well.. that's me!

Let's start by saying something along the same line as your last few lines:

I have over 500 transactions on ebay now and this is the first really bad one... and interesting enough, I actually did everything right now and it's still not good enough for him!

First of all, as an experienced eBay user, I always ask any questions that aren't clear before bidding, so this guy got 3 from me in the same shot:

1- What would be shipping/handling fee for this item (giving him my town, province, and postal code so he could check)

2- A better description of the package since the description was rather vague and I wanted to keep this MIB (already have the loose version)

3- Can you accept PayPal even if you don't mention it in the auction.

Then I proceed to check other auctions that may interest me...

a day or 2 later I get the answer, $8 CAD to get that thing to me, and a somewhat irritated answer about the condition telling me that he added it to the description now.... I totally forgot that the guy didn't say he accept PayPal, and he never even answered that question... so to me the auction is a go, I bid and win...

Then when it's time to pay I notice I can't pay with Paypal through eBay, and then I remember that he actually never answered this question... so I contact him because honest to god it's a heck of a problem for me to get to a friggin post office to get a MO.. and I offer him a cheque since we're both in Canada if he really can't accept PayPal...

From there on he starts asking one liners questions... out of that I understand that he have a problem with Canadian cheque or something so I tell him that I have an american account too and can do an American cheque if that's what he want... I tell him to let me know before next morning, and I could drop the cheque in the mail...

Then I get this frustrated email that I'm "too demanding" and that he wants me to abide by his rules... well it's not exactly like I came out of the blue to bid on his auction, I DID ASK THE QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING... well anyway, I chalk him up as one of those eBay weirdo and I take my lunch break to get to the post office and get a MO for the total amount, which I send immediatly to be done with it and not feel like I'm back in the stone age of auction payments when you had to wait 4 weeks to get your items because the payment had to reach the guy first...

And then I get home to a nice email telling me that the amount is not correct, blablabla, this was an estimation, I didn't read his rules (he kept coming back to this all the time!) and he tell me how he had a nice laugh with his buddy about my emails and all... WTF?!??!?! He tells me that if the MO is not of the right amount he will not accept it?!?!?!?!?! I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR THE SHIPPING/HANDLING BEFORE BIDDING AND THAT ONE HE ACTUALLY ANSWERED!....

So anyway... that's the situation... he'll get his bad ref believe me and I don't care about the neg back because I did exactly what I had to do and I feel that I was 100% honest in this situation... now let's see if I'll really get this item once the MO reach him, or will the MO will mysteriously be cashed without anyone being able to really check into that....

I don't know what's going on in the Joe community these days but there's a few weirdos in there that gets irritated for next to nothing and turns perfectly good deals into total fiascos because they can't explain themselves clearly... Of course I'm not the kind of guy who lets himself being pushed around when I only try to do honest business with other fans / ebayers on the net...

Spillspleen
08-16-2004, 08:48 PM
1) my auction tells you the method of payment I accept...so if your experienced eBay user why did you not read the auction?

2) I have yet to send you a total and you have already threatened me with a negative feedback...the auctions is now what....24hrs old...!!!!

3) you came across rude and demanding from your first e-mail to me after you won...why should I even listen to your excuses when you can not send an appropriate e-mail containing the reasons of why you cannot accept my payment method!

4) first the post office was to difficult to go to...then you go the very next morning and send me a money order for which you have no idea how much...my first e-mail to you said I would send actual shipping cost when I have your address...I only got this today...!!!

As a side note...had this guy be even slightly polite I would accept paypal...even a cheque...but the rude manner in which this guy sends e-mails...well why should I ???

Obiwanjacoby
08-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Dude. roll for the customer, take the loss, and sign up w/PayPal.

Getting negged over this really ain't worth it. And it sounds like he'd do it too.

-PJ

Spillspleen
08-16-2004, 09:09 PM
So let him tell me how do list my auctions? And give in when a buyer demands something I do not offer...whats next free shipping...lol...just kidding...no this does not seem like the answer to me...!!!

Goldbug
08-16-2004, 09:12 PM
I actually offered to accept payment via paypal through someone else...but he had already sent the money order...!! I was going to do this because he was threating me with a negative feedback...!?!?!?!

He now says that if he does not get what’s he wants he will give me negative feedback...lol...I have not even sent him a total yet...and I am condemned to get my first negative...lol..!!!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

It is not worth signing up for Paypal.

Druss
08-16-2004, 09:14 PM
He Said, She said....if we believe Spillspleen then L'Ombregeux(sp?) is a horrible and rude buyer, if we believe vice-versa than all the questions were answered before hand and due to communication breakdowns he assumed something that Spillspleen doesn't agree with.

So thats pretty much it, both sound like they are telling the truth.

I guess the quetsions come out to, was the total sent accurate? If you are going to quote someone a total about the shipping weigh the item and make it accurate, especially if a address is given.

Obiwanjacoby
08-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Yep, time to swallow your pride & move on.

Not saying "the customer is always right" here. The problem is, I'm seeing two guys who expect a transaction to be done in totally different ways and the seller that always wants it "his way" usually ends up with more negs than the separate buyers (think about it).

I speak from experience here, I sold a Robotech Hovertank to this one dude flatly stating on the auction "no foregin bidders" because I didn't trust overseas postal services. This dude won the auction. . .and yep, lived in Singapore. :p

We had an exchange very similar to the one you're having now. In the end, I just ended up with the only permanent (retaliatory) neg. on my record. So after that, I decided to loosen up a bit whenever I sold. I tried to anticipate every screwy question ahead of time & put it on the auction (sure it was alot of writing, but look who we're dealing with, right?). After all the caveats and agreeing to take every form of payment available, the wackos got very rare. And even those I rolled over for a couple times. Heck, why do you think powersellerone has such a sky-high feedback score and 100% rating. He ate his pride a few times.

Like this dude will ever bid on your stuff again anyway :rolleyes:

This is just my opinion, & not my demand. . .dig?

-PJ

BIGFAN
08-16-2004, 09:22 PM
i have dealt with this buyer as well and he is extremely rude and pushy and very presumptuous

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1971116&st=0

take a read of that and see what you think

this buyer is not easy to deal with at all

L'Ombrageux
08-16-2004, 09:26 PM
I really pondered if I would reply again to this thread since I already filed a case with eBay for publishing contact information.. because this guy is not only trying to give me a bad rep, he's also blatantly giving out my email/name and who know what else because I don't read all the Joe boards out there but tonight out of the 3 I visit, he already posted on 2 of them this kind of information... but since now you're implying that I did extortion, that's a bit high of an accusation and I think it's best I at least reply to this so the few of you who still can think clearly don't fall for those flat out lies...

Sure.. the guy have 32000 zillion posts here and I'm just a casual fan with around 20 post here... but I can't believe that you're all out believing this guy and actually now implying that I'm doing extortion on him!!! That's so ridiculous, I never "threatened" to leave bad feedback if he didn't do this or that!.. I said exactly this in the email: "You're seriously harrassing now... All those info were given to you when I
asked for the shipping/handling fees... I even gave you the postal code...
Let me tell you that appropriate feedback will definitively be posted when
this deal is over "...

That's it! Now please calm down with those extortion accusations and everything! What really beats me is that yeah the emails kept going downhill because this guy was continuously harassing me with his emails! The payment was in the mail, what else can I have to say to him anyway!!! And when I brought back for the second time the fact that I wanted him to stop harrassing me by email, I check out some Joe board and there he is, harrassing in another way!...

I do hope eBay will deal with this, heck can you believe that Im actually thinking about calling my lawyer tonight???? And I'm not talking about that stupid $10 toy!!!!!!

L'Ombrageux
08-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Ah and here's the other one that I thought would show up...

i have dealt with this buyer as well and he is extremely rude and pushy and very presumptuous

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1971116&st=0 (http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1971116&st=0)

That is EXACTLY what I was reffering to when I said this in my original reply to this thread:

I don't know what's going on in the Joe community these days but there's a few weirdos in there that gets irritated for next to nothing and turns perfectly good deals into total fiascos.

2 sour deal for me this week, of course you'll say that I'm the problem... after all I don't have 3 zillions post as I've been more of a quiet collector this past 5 years (strange.. I still have over 500 positive feedback on eBay... ) so go ahead and publish everything about me so I can be miserably judged by others who may even feel incline do distribute some justice around...

We don't play with this kind of wild accusations ...

And to Gijoehq, all this was simple misunderstandings and questions thrown around to get answers... which happened... why the **** did this thread got locked is beyond me but what can I do... I was just ripped off by your business partner (which he acknoledged..)

Spillspleen
08-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Well as far as his first e-mail I never gave an exact total...I only told him the truth...and that’s what is cost roughly...or an estimate...like other packages I had sent before!!

Thanks for your post bigfan...this is what this guy was like to a "T" maybe demanding is the wrong word...yours fits better...pushy...take my payment or I neg you...lol...that sums him up!!

Haha...lawyer...thats funny...I have seen this before...lawyer...lol!!!

One last thing...I only replyed to his e-mails...and not all of them...funny how he tries to switch this around...!!!!

BIGFAN
08-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Ah and here's the other one that I thought would show up...

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1971116&st=0 (http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1971116&st=0)

That is EXACTLY what I was reffering to when I said this in my original reply to this thread:

I don't know what's going on in the Joe community these days but there's a few weirdos in there that gets irritated for next to nothing and turns perfectly good deals into total fiascos.

2 sour deal for me this week, of course you'll say that I'm the problem... after all I don't have 3 zillions post as I've been more of a quiet collector this past 5 years (strange.. I still have over 500 positive feedback on eBay... ) so go ahead and publish everything about me so I can be miserably judged by others who may even feel incline do distribute some justice around...

We don't play with this kind of wild accusations ...

And to Gijoehq, all this was simple misunderstandings and questions thrown around to get answers... which happened... why the **** did this thread got locked is beyond me but what can I do... I was just ripped off by your business partner (which he acknoledged..)

my MAIN PROBLEM with you is i was not GIVEN THE OPPURTUNITY to help you or explain

you made some serious accusations and presumed a lot about me without waiting 5 minutes for an email reply. then when i did reply you didnt say "please elaborate because i am confused" you went and made more serious accusations and slandering about me with no cause or proof

but i suppose your happy...you got your money back and a free fig

next time maybe a little common courtesy would help

Spillspleen
08-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Yes again...none of this would have happened if I had not gotten 4 e-mails within an hour of the end of the auction first "pushing" me to accept a payment I do not...!!! All rude and pushy...!!!

Obiwanjacoby
Okay, I read everything on both forums, and now I really regret getting into this. . .:(

But Spleen, what I said still goes. In this case it goes double. Just back out as easy and cool as you can. Roll. . .run. . .and then block him in the future if you can. Try to get other sellers to do the same. Both for your protection and theirs. This kind of loose cannon gives me the creeps. :eek:

-PJ

L'Ombrageux
Seriously gijoehq... I don't get where you get all those opinions about me, be angry about your past business partner.. I'm sorry this gave you some problems but what can I do?

And to think that I would actually get this figure and say to myself "bah, there you go, I scored a free figure"... c'mon... I was gonna send you the payment as soon as the figure hit my mailbox, even if you took it on yourself to send it without me asking...

But then again...

Seriously guys I'm really disgusted at the hobby tonight... you want to talk about extortion? Talk to Spillspleen about how he wants me to send him a few measly extra bucks or he will send back my MO... all this stupid wrongly handed business things make me have a serious sudden disdain for GIJoe... and I was the kind of guy who was building websites about the Joes, informing fellow fans about what was happening in my area, built a french community over here for GIJoe...

And here I am tonight, treated like **** from 2 guys in it for the money...

Check out my eBay auctions.. soon I'll be getting rid of my collection... and shutting down my websites about the Joes...

You're truly making me sad... this was a hobby for me... thanks for turning all this into a nightmare for a few darn bucks....

Last post...

figuresdirect.com
08-16-2004, 09:45 PM
you were never ripped off by anyone you sent a few nasty emails then filed a paypal claim ! i refunded the money what else could i do i couldnt track the package

and you are still saying stuff that simply isnt true even though its been explained and posted

me and big fan are not partners we are freinds plain and simple i help him out he helps me out

things would go so much easier for you if you didnt have such a nasty outlook

even after i emailed you trying to clear things you you still had a nasty attitude

BIGFAN
08-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Seriously gijoehq... I don't get where you get all those opinions about me, be angry about your past business partner.. I'm sorry this gave you some problems but what can I do?

And to think that I would actually get this figure and say to myself "bah, there you go, I scored a free figure"... c'mon... I was gonna send you the payment as soon as the figure hit my mailbox, even if you took it on yourself to send it without me asking...

But then again...

And here I am tonight, treated like **** from 2 guys in it for the money...

although i run an online business..ask around..i am not in this for the money!

you have disdain towards us but you treat us like children who MUST do as you say

you will get your free fig

and i wont accept your money

its a 7.00 item..the point is you mistreated me in your emails and your posts...all i did was try to fix the damage you made

Spillspleen
08-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Ooops...we started a ping pong match....!!!

Obiwanjacoby...I know what you are saying...and I agree...lol...I might catch something if I deal with him any longer...!!

And see my problem..."in it for the money"...lol...I am not a real seller...I have sold about two dozen items now...and I took a loss on this one...lol!!!! I bought it for 12 bucks...for my collection and a year later I decided to sell my packaged stuff and this went for.....10.99...lost 1.01...lol!!!!

Obiwanjacoby
08-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Just for the record, I haven't done any business with any of the participants in this thread up to this post. So I'm not in it for the money either.

-PJ

[Okay, if you count did one trade I did with Thunt4 a few seasons ago, but you get the point:p]

GungHo
08-16-2004, 10:30 PM
he'll get his bad ref believe me and I don't care about the neg back

Interesting......you say that you aren't trying to extort or threaten anyone......yet you're using E-bay feedback as a weapon to get your way.

Carl, that post right there is an admission of his intent...and all you need to do is copy this post and forward it to E-bay's dept. Wielding E-bay feedback in the manner you have just done...and making open threats of negatives IS an offense that E-bay does punish for.

You certainly haven't been around the Joe community long,have you?

You have the balls to come outright and claim that Curtis is in this for the money. If you had any idea of who Curtis is....or how much he's helped people out in this community then you certainly wouldn't have made such a smart *** comment about him.

I've dealt with your type on E-bay many times, and I can assure you that I never give in to a demanding person like yourself.......I run my auctions the way I see fit.......when you bid you agree to each and every rule in my auction.....I have it no other way.

Carl, good luck with this guy.......I'd certainly turn him in tonight for his threats of feedback.

Spillspleen
08-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Thanks GungHo for your post...you make some good posts...!!!

I felt like I had to complete this deal his way or I was getting a negative...and then he amits it himself...!!! I can really understand the points made by this guy...but I did have the accepted payments listed...and again I would have accepted paypal and a cheque in the end...but I changed my mind when he started the threats and so on...!!!

Funny how a person posts and stuff comes out of the woodwork...!!!

the joe bandit
08-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Seriously guys I'm really disgusted at the hobby tonight... you want to talk about extortion? Talk to Spillspleen about how he wants me to send him a few measly extra bucks or he will send back my MO... all this stupid wrongly handed business things make me have a serious sudden disdain for GIJoe... and I was the kind of guy who was building websites about the Joes, informing fellow fans about what was happening in my area, built a french community over here for GIJoe...

Why should Spillspleen accept a payment that is not in the correct amount? Think about it. You dont pick up milk and then tell them you are not going to pay the full amount they want for it.

GungHo
08-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks GungHo for your post...you make some good posts...!!!

I felt like I had to complete this deal his way or I was getting a negative...and then he amits it himself...!!! I can really understand the points made by this guy...but I did have the accepted payments listed...and again I would have accepted paypal and a cheque in the end...but I changed my mind when he started the threats and so on...!!!

Funny how a person posts and stuff comes out of the woodwork...!!!

Yep, like I said man, the ball is in your court.....and according to what this other guy has posted you have the upper hand....as he's outright made threats of negative feedback...which is clearly against E-bay policy.

Pete The Greek
08-16-2004, 11:10 PM
I am going to get involved since I saw a posting of this another board I moderate.

How much was the auction for?
How much was sent to Carl?
Can't Canadian cash be sent to cover the balance? Hide the money in some cardboard and use a bubble mailer. No money order, no cheque, no paypal to worry about. Just cold hard cash.

As for shipping, it's no secret that it costs 9 bucks to send a small padded envelope from B.C. to Ontario. Expect Quebec to be at least 10 CAN. I wouldn't ship anything for free either, especially in Canada as Canada Post is a rip off.

And giving the hobby because of this? I have been screwed before from bigger deals and it hurt (explains why I hardly trade anymore). But selling my collection never crossed my mine. Sleep it over and you will have a better mind set on what you want to do.

Avoid using ebay to resolve this for now.

Spillspleen
08-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Right now the thing that erks me is that I am going to get a negative...even before I sent him his total...which was something like 19 U.S. he is sending something like 16 U.S...before he new this I was getting a negative...wow...anwyas i will not loose any sleep over this...but I will wonder how he sleeps...lol...probably with a gun under his pillow...its not the first time he has stirred the pot!!!

red25thta
08-17-2004, 01:34 AM
Spillspleen has the right to conduct his auctions the way he see's fit. Other wise we might as well just start sending out or stuff to people who threaten our reps.

viperking
08-17-2004, 04:06 AM
Just for the record, I haven't done any business with any of the participants in this thread up to this post. So I'm not in it for the money either.

-PJ

[Okay, if you count did one trade I did with Thunt4 a few seasons ago, but you get the point:p]

I wouldnt be giving advice if I were you Obiwanjacoby. I bought some alley vipers from you in January and you were possibly the rudest and densest seller I ever dealt with. I sent payment via paypal to you through the invoice you sent me and when problems arose you assumed that the blame was all mine and accused me of lying to you about ever sending you payment. Turns out you sent me the wrong paypal address in your invoice and never accepted any responsibility for the bone-headed mistake, a mistake that I was good enough to correct for the both of us. And the worst part was that you had to have the last word in and persisted that it wasnt your fault until I just got so sick of dealing with you that I quit responding to your nonsensical emails laden with your lame excuses.

Sorry for the rant, but I just couldnt believe that obiwanjacoby of all people would start acting holier than thou.

GungHo
08-17-2004, 05:32 AM
Right now the thing that erks me is that I am going to get a negative...even before I sent him his total...which was something like 19 U.S. he is sending something like 16 U.S...before he new this I was getting a negative...wow...anwyas i will not loose any sleep over this...but I will wonder how he sleeps...lol...probably with a gun under his pillow...its not the first time he has stirred the pot!!!

Carl, at this point even if he does neg you it may not be the end of the world. With his outright admissions of neg threatening E-bay *might* remove the neg in this instance........especially if you've got E-bay working on the case and explain to them about his threats.

Obiwanjacoby
08-17-2004, 07:11 AM
Sorry for the rant, but I just couldnt believe that obiwanjacoby of all people would start acting holier than thou.

:confused::confused::confused:

Why wasn't I negged for it?

And your post doesn't reflect what I'm advocating, which is actually the least aggressive approach. So what are you rebutting??

And I did express my regret, regret it even more now.

-PJ

ImaWalkingCorpse
08-17-2004, 08:19 AM
Carl, at this point even if he does neg you it may not be the end of the world. With his outright admissions of neg threatening E-bay *might* remove the neg in this instance........especially if you've got E-bay working on the case and explain to them about his threats.

I am right with everything that Brian has said. This guy is a bad buyer, Carl. Your auctions are set up the way you see fit and because he didn't want to read it all the way through, he feel's he should be able to do it anyway he wants, and that fact that you are staring a neg in the face because of a clown like disgusts me. Make sure and save every email that he has sent to you and if this guy does leave a neg turn it all over to ebay immediately. I recieved a neg from a guy after he decided he didn't want to pay, I turned over all emails and such and it was removed. Good luck on this guy. Chris

Snow
08-17-2004, 09:44 AM
All I am going to say is this: Curt is a stand up guy. He and I have done buisness for the last 2 years and I have spent thousands of dollars with him. He also helps me with my site(which is a hobby) and I have complete faith in him. As far As Spill goes, a great guy and I have never had any problems with him.
I do not like it when people start "badmouthing people without all the facts". I have no problems asking about certin people and business practices, but when it becomes a flame war.. I have deleted the post. Why? Because no one wins in a flame war. Period.

my 2 cents.
Michael

GBPackRat
08-17-2004, 10:26 AM
My opinions...rather than facts....

The People
1.) Curt (aka Bigfan) isn't in it for the money. Curt bends over backwards to get people what they want at prices they can afford. He helps people, period!

2.) Walt (aka figsdirect) isn't in it for the money either. He's in it to build his collection, while helping other build theirs.

3.) Carl (aka Spillspleen) is an up standing trader/seller/buyer here at yojoe, look at his track record here.

4.) Carl's Buyer (name withheld), has been shown to be pushy, rude, demanding and uses the ebay feedback system as a weapon to get what he wants on his terms.

The Problem
1.) Carl stated terms in his ebay auction. He's the seller, if those terms are stated, when a bidder bids on something, he/she agree to those terms. That is why a seller put TERMS in his auction.

2.) The winner of this auction has ignored the terms, created their own and now is threating neg. feedback because their terms are not being met.

The Issue
1.) Buyers do not get to demand the terms of a deal. That is up to the seller (it is there right), if a bidder dislikes the terms, they do not have to bid, that is there right. Its a good system and when someone decides to go against it, things like this happen.

The Opinions
1.) Carl take the neg with stride and cancel any bids from this bidder if they should choose to bid on your items again. You'll have the neg, but you'll have the satisfaction that you didn't cave to his demands.

2.) Give him what he wants, avoid the neg, but feel awful for knowing you caved.

My Choice
1.) Carl don't give him what he wants... You were never in the wrong. Your terms were stated and this person decide to go against those terms. If they hit you with a neg. Hit them back explain that they did not read the terms, this way anyone reading the neg, will want to see your terms and then know clearly what they are getting into. There is also the Reply and Follow up opinions, be prepared to use them as well.

My Comments

Curt and Walt, I'm sorry jokers like this cause you trouble. Hopefully you hear enough of the positives from the rest of us to keep doing what you do. Without either of you, collecting would be so much harder...

Carl, I'm sorry this had to happen to you. These things happen and it sucks that it had to happen to a nice guy like you. I hope this really gets worked out without you having to take a neg, or caving.

Carl's Winning Bidder (name withheld), you've got issues. I don't know when, where or how you decide to fix them, but stop hurting the very people who help make collecting fun. You'll be sorry if they deicde to pack it up and leave.

Remember, these are all just opinions...rather than facts.

Tanner

Spillspleen
08-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all your support and comments!!!

Here is his ebay post about me:

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=7&thread=300010601&start=-1&msRange=40

the joe bandit
08-17-2004, 03:41 PM
I read his post and it just brings up more problems. If he read that Spillspleen does not accept paypal, why did he ask in his email (the question that was not answered)? Wasn't the answer already there? I dont get it.

Spillspleen
08-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Here is the link to his post at ebay:

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=7&thread=300010601&start=-1&msRange=40

He is trying every trick in the book...now he is saying I am sending him junk mail...lol...who has time for that!!

Spillspleen
08-30-2004, 12:39 AM
I sent a payment reminder and got a neg...lol...what a loser!!!

figuresdirect.com
08-30-2004, 12:58 AM
All I am going to say is this: Curt is a stand up guy. He and I have done buisness for the last 2 years and I have spent thousands of dollars with him. He also helps me with my site(which is a hobby) and I have complete faith in him. As far As Spill goes, a great guy and I have never had any problems with him.
I do not like it when people start "badmouthing people without all the facts". I have no problems asking about certin people and business practices, but when it becomes a flame war.. I have deleted the post. Why? Because no one wins in a flame war. Period.

my 2 cents.
Michael

wait till you need something else installed ! :p

Ann G
08-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Spill...do not let this guy force you into using paypal. You should not have to hook your bank account up to the internet if you don't want to. Many people don't like to do it and you aren't alone. You stated in your auction what payments you take. Ebay is supposed to be an easy tool for sellers to get rid of their stuff as well as an easy tool for shoppers to find something. Easy for the seller means you choose your own terms of sale.

He said he asked you questions and that you gave him an answer as far as shipping goes, but didn't address the paypal question. When he bid, he should have been prepared for the fact that you don't take paypal, and not given you a hard time about sending a money order. If I were in a situation where I was looking for paypal or check taking auctions, and you didn't answer it before I bid on it, I would have passed your auction up rather than put myself paying in a way I found inconvenient.

Personally, I would either just send him what he won and drop it, or if the shipping charge difference is too great, send the money order back. If he negs you, I am sure most people read the feedbacks. I know that if I see a guy with a couple hundred positives and one neg...more likely than not, the neg was that one customer that every seller has that just won't be happy.

thorn
08-30-2004, 05:01 AM
because this guy is not only trying to give me a bad rep,

man this guy has given himself the wrost rep right off the bat.
i never take paypal either- check or mo only .
Ebay has rules, and one of them is you are screwed and trying to burn them ombirgeaxu-
he states in his auction MO only - deal with it or don't bid.
what i can't believe is you taking it for granted as you said.

spill i will have to come out there and throttle you if you give in to this guy, hope im not too late. (just kidding ) but- paypal can be shady, you have every right not to use it, and to specify your accepted methods of payment.
you give in, you might as well give him poland as well cause he'll be there next.

L'Ombrageux
08-30-2004, 07:08 AM
Here's some straight facts for those of you who miss a few:

- I sent payment in the form of a MO as soon as he started his psycho act over email after I asked him if he would take a check instead.

- He jacked up the shipping/handling price once the MO was in the mail, even if he replied with the shipping/handling fees I requested even before bidding. I even confirmed that it was in CAD$, to which he replied "Yeah, that's what they charge".

- Everyone around was telling him to send back the MO once he would get it and forget about it, frankly I thought that would have been the best thing to do but what happened instead:

--- He just filled the NPB form with eBay (Nice try to say it was a "payment reminder"... it was the NPB, I got the strike warning from eBay and I had to reply to their "form" to defend myself... that's not a "payment reminder") without even a slight contact.

--- He probably simply cashed the MO, or threw it away just because he's so confident now that he's the "good guy" in this story, he just wanted to make that thing go a bit farter... we'll know for sure in only 3 months if he cashed the MO or threw it away... I know that I sent it (all you guys act like I'm a rookie eBayer or something... I'm there since the beginnings and I have a + feedback of over 500... I know how to handle an eBay transaction, and I always paid for the items I won, even when the seller was acting like a jackass... )

Now keep patting him in the back, I just wanted to see some straight facts out there for the zillion of other people who will see this and who could keep their head straight while looking at the situation.

Ann G
08-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Lom

I read that post on ebay..and many of the other users responded and said that it was both of your faults to a certain degree and the two of you should call the deal off. I agree with them. I can see Spill's annoyance that you didn't take the terms of sale as exactly what they were..money order only. I can see in the emails where he comes off a little snippy to you

What I fail to understand is this, Lom. You are an experienced ebayer. Why on earth would you send payment without Spill actually emailing you the total first. Yes he said it would be around 8 dollars, but..what happened if it had been a little cheaper...wouldn't you want to save a little? Also, communication is the key, the part where the seller emails you the total shows you that he does communicate a little in an actual transaction. What if Spill never emailed you the total and he was a scam artist and he took your money?

You say Spill will probably cash the money order and rip it up or keep it. I doubt that he would just throw it away. Knowing how he does business here, he will probably mail it back to you or send you your stuff. He isn't going to let you lose the money you sent as it would make him a bad seller and I doubt he is going to risk his reputation to do that. And if he DOES trash your MO or cash it without you getting your stuff AND you can prove it, let us all know. I am sure the others around agree that wouldn't be right either.

Spillspleen
08-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Listen to this guy...lol...not one brain cell activated in that peanut size cranium...!

I do not accept paypal…after several e-mails filled with lies on his part he did send a money order (the post office is just to far away for me…and so inconvenient…yet he sends postal money order less than 24 hours after the auction)…all this before he had a total…my first e-mail sent asks for his address so I can get a total…and I sent the total once I have the address…which he did not send until after he sent the money order! (can you follow this…lol…)

The initial price I gave him for shipping was an estimate…as my auction says I calculate shipping once the auction is over and I contact the winner for an address!

I have not gotten his money order…that’s seven days after the auction…so I filed the first step in a non-paying-bidder process which is a payment reminder!! Anyone can look this up and see…I am not sure what he is talking about when he denies that I did not send a payment reminder…???

As soon as I did this I got a negative from him…!!

I gave him negative feedback as well saying I did not get a payment…which I have not…and said he was a non-paying-bidder which he is and finished the non-paying bidder process…so he got a strike.

Long story short…he thinks he can bully people into doing what he wants...this reminds me of some spoiled little dork in a candy shop…stomping his feet and saying “mommy…mommy give me what I want or I will make a scene!!” Well he made a scene alright…but did he get his way…???...nope…lol!!!

When and if I get the money order I will post again…I do not understand why it is not here…if he sent it Monday then I should have had it already…???

Spillspleen
08-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Ann...I only became "snippy" when I got replies like this:

” it's gonna take a long time and it's some extra trouble but if you absolutely can't accept PayPal..”

"This is so ridiculous on your part!”

"Sell this to your second highest bidder, we'll say that we "mutually agreed"
not to complete this transaction"

Would you not??? and remember this please...all these e-mails were sent to me in a flurry of about 1/2 hour after the auction ended...this was a Sunday night...my only e-mail (other than replies to him) was asking for his address so I could send a total!!! Here is the genaric one i send and buyer:

Hello!!

Please send me your address so I can find out the postage due on the above item (see subject). Thanks for your bid and remember to please ensure that your payment can be cashed in Canada!!!

Thanks form Carl

This is sent to everyone who wins one of my auctions...and I think it is pretty clear???

TheReverend
08-30-2004, 02:53 PM
I sent a payment reminder and got a neg...lol...what a loser!!!Sorry he neged you, what a bum deal...

I’m beginning to think negative feedback finally happens to us all...no matter how cool you try to be...I almost made it to 1000 with no negs before I stumbled onto a real jackass.
A non paying bidder who had a (-3) feedback rating, who sniped my auction at the last moments, who accused me of misrepresenting the item he bid on in his F/B...

Funny how he never contacted me. Bid on my auction when I specifically assert that I don’t accept bids from negative bidders. Was from south America when I had the auction set up for the US & Canada only (it was a pretty expressive gold ring and I didn’t want to chance sending to other countries)

Despite not meeting any of the qualifications I set forth in the auction. I still sent a couple real nice after auction emails. telling him I would still sell to him, If he could pay via international MO in US$ and that he would have to pay for insurance or I couldn't be responsible for any loss. Which he never replied to...

Oh yeah... I‘m not bitter...not bitter at all... :mad: :p

anyway thought that sort of applied to the topic (I think my point, hidden somewhere in that rant, was: you're bound to get a neg if you deal with enough people;))

Blayloxzuess
09-01-2004, 12:13 PM
That sucks getting the Neg Spill. We all know it's not your fault.

Spillspleen
09-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Still no money order...he said he sent it on the 23rd that’s 9 days ago...this guy is lying...from before he even bid he was a loser...no way it takes this long...!!!

Blayloxzuess
09-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Still no money order...he said he sent it on the 23rd that’s 9 days ago...this guy is lying...from before he even bid he was a loser...no way it takes this long...!!!

Did you file a Non Paying Bidder Alert?

Spillspleen
09-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Yes...it all over now...and the info is all in here somewhere...lol!

As soon as I sent the first step in the non-paying-bidder process...a payment reminder...he neged me...so I filed a non-paying-bidder stike against him and a negative feedback...!!

Again this all comes down to this guy can not read...he was mad that I filed a non-paying-bidder against him so he neged me...but it was a payment reminder...which is the first step...!! He never read my auction...he never read my e-mails...and he does not read the ebay ones either...avoid at all cost....!!!

Still waiting for the money order made out on the 23rd of August...takes three days to get a letter...he has had three times that now and still it is not here...he can not even provide any proff he sent it (money order number)...nothing but a deadbeat...!!!

L'Ombrageux
09-01-2004, 03:37 PM
He just goes on and on and on hey?... Peanut-sized cranium, deadbeat eBayer and so on...

Here's how it actually ended: eBay reviewed the case, removed the strike and gave me links to the forms to fill if I don't get the item (which at this point I really don't care... he threw away the MO or cashed it.. I don't care and it will end here for my part.. if you made a measly $17 on my back, grats to you man..).

First of all I want to express (even though I did before) how sad I feel about the fact that the yojoe.com community is ready to listen and believe anything from one of their member, especially when the one being shoved around is another member of the Joe collecting community, ready to expose some true facts and all...

So again, sure I'm a deadbeat eBayer, never deal with me on eBay, my 500+ flawless feedback (except some retaliatory negs, which you're bound to get if you play by the rules and you did more than just a couple of hundred deals on eBay in your life) proves it.

Secondly, nope, I don't have the remittance slip of the MO with me since I work in the healthcare services (won't tell you what I do, it might go against his peanut-sized cranium theory and you would all start bashing to tell me I'm a lyer..) and I'm currently on a contract in a regional hospital away from town for 3 weeks, with basic internet access, all this was explained to eBay and guess what, strike has been removed...... duh... so much for me not being able to " provide any proff I sent it (money order number)...nothing but a deadbeat". Told them I could provide it when I get back (it's certainly somewhere around the mess that is my workdesk back home)... but like I said, it ends here for me anyway... I won't even spend the extra buck to try to trace this MO in 3 months to know what really happens, I'll chalk this $17 as a lost and that's it... this kid got me enough trouble like this...

Third, NPB form is not a payment reminder, under the new eBay rules it's the first process (and it always was) toward the request of a FVF. So basically the buyer gets the warning that if he don't answer back in the next 7 days with info pertaining to the payment, he'll get the strike... it's not "please pay your seller"... it's "your seller warned us that the item wasn't paid, he's not under any obligation to keep you the item in this transaction, you'll get a strike to your account if you don't respond back to us in 7 days with sufficiant proof"... It always was the idea beind the NPB form (NON PAYING BIDDER form, not PLEASE REMIND THE BUYER ON MY PART form which you can do 3 days after the end of the auction by filling the "payment reminder")... So basically this guy fills that without even contacting me, on my part the payment is sent and I'm getting into problems with eBay (which are now solved postively on my end), so of course he deserve the neg... and of course, I got the retaliatory bad... along with my personal infos being exposed to everyone as a bonus for dealing with this kind of psychotic kid... and you're all here pushing him forward into his demencial situation where everything was actually handled correctly considering the situation, until he goes out like this and bring this situation upon his own lap.

So basically that's it for me, the "official" papers are set straight with the proper authorities, and I'm writing this $17 as a loss just because I don't have time anymore for all this senseless forum flaming...

And hopefully, some of you will have the decency to grasp the reality of the situation... the others? Well I wouldn't like to deal with you anyway, so write me in as a total deadbeat who was just lucky to have over 500 people telling lies on eBay that they got payment from me for what I bought and we'll be fine...

Thanks.

Blayloxzuess
09-01-2004, 04:02 PM
First of all I want to express (even though I did before) how sad I feel about the fact that the yojoe.com community is ready to listen and believe anything from one of their member, especially when the one being shoved around is another member of the Joe collecting community, ready to expose some true facts and all...

Dude, I understand what you're saying. I haven't dealt with Spillspleen (that I can remember at least), But the fact that you had this whole other issue with GIJoeHQ, well, I'd say that probably 75% of the active members here have dealt with him and we all love him & know that Curt would bend over backwards to help anyone out. If it wasn't for all of that, I think you might have more of a case.

BK
09-02-2004, 03:03 AM

It's not just one member attesting to your difficulty to deal with, it's three, BigFan, Spillspleen, and FiguresDirect. That's enough for you to be added to my blocked bidder list.

BoogDoc7
09-02-2004, 07:22 AM
My two cents.

Patience would have served both parties.

From what I saw, Spill's biggest mistake (and maybe only one) was jumping the gun with the NPB report. He may have thought it was the right thing to do at the time, but I think it's turning out it wasn't. We won't know anything conclusively until L'Ombrageux finds that reciept and learns it wasn't cashed.

L'Ombrageux should have waited for an invoice, because the whole shipping situation was STILL an open question when he sent that money order. If there were any doubts or questions about shipping AFTER the invoice, this whole situation may have been avoided. Simply because you have a high ebay rating does not qualify every buying/selling practice that you do. The NORM is that people wait until they know a definite total. The NORM is that they respect a person's decisions on what payment they accept as listed on the auction.

Spillspleen
09-02-2004, 08:21 AM
11 days and counting...mail takes three days...he has had 4 times as long...also no proof of any money order has been given...they all have a number that can be looked up on line...this will say when and where is was made out...!!!

ImaWalkingCorpse
09-02-2004, 08:26 AM
I dont really think Carl did anything wrong. I file my NPB at 10 days which say in my auction is the time you have to get the money to him. This other guy jumped the gun and left a negative. I just hope he doesnt somehow find a way to get the neg removed that Carl left him. Chris

Spillspleen
09-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Still nothing in the mail...still no money order number...this guy is a loser...deadbeat...all of the names in the bad book fit this dork...he was not telling the truth from the start...................................!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

BIGFAN
09-10-2004, 07:52 PM
well he got his free snake eyes ver 3 figure from me and never repaid for it like he said he would

everyone should avoid this con artist and thief

L'Ombrageux
09-10-2004, 10:29 PM
What a teamwork... and what a joke...

Me earlier in this same thread (no figure in the mail yet when I posted that, I did got the figure supposedly though, my gf supposedly received a single black snake eyes figure in the mail... I suppose it's the one..):

Answer from BIGFAN in the same thread:

i wont accept your moneySo basically you said that so you could come back at it again later and fire up again your good old flamethrower because you knew I wouldn't waste time sending you money thinking that whatever you say around here is supposed to be gold like a zillion of other yojoer said?? Or it was just for show that you said that and I should have send you the payment anyway so you don't come back to make your double flame?... I don't have your info anymore, just send me a payment request (or make another flashy post following this one telling me you'll **** on my cash or something since I'm such a thief and con artist...)

BIGFAN
09-10-2004, 10:46 PM
all you had to do was say thanks and sorry

you have been a class a jerk from the start and you NEVER ONCE gave me an oppurtunity to make it good with you

ImaWalkingCorpse
09-11-2004, 01:07 AM
all you had to do was say thanks and sorry

you have been a class a jerk from the start and you NEVER ONCE gave me an oppurtunity to make it good with you

Seems like it to me.

Spillspleen
10-18-2004, 11:09 PM
This guy is an absolute jerk...!!! He never sent anything...he planned to stiff me from the start!!!!

bluebikerboy1
11-16-2004, 04:20 PM
so im sitting here for the last hour reading all of this and came to this conclusion.
as a seller..........
you make your rules and you expect them to be honored. however sometimes there are exceptions. i only say in my auctions i ship to USA but if someone emails me and askes if i will ship elseware i will say yeah and charge hem the extra $ for s/h.
the seller here could have been a little more lenant. again we all have to deal with crabby buyers. thats buisness.

as a buyer
threatning to leave negative feedback is wrong and you know that. even if you just implied it in the email you still threatned and i dont blame the seller at all for what they did (yes it could have been handled difrently though). i dont see this seller as one that will take your money and run. I believe in the best of people and can believe you sent the money order and lost the receipt. we all have done this. It is quite possible the mail lost it. ive had problems with canada post to on a sale i did early (took 2x the time to get to client). Responding negatively is only making you look bad. you can still salvage your rep by appologizing (same goes to the seller here to). you both are adults so act like it.
buyer- you did post the negative to quick. being a vet of ebay you knew that a non paying reminder is only used so if you dont pay we the sellers can get some of our money back from ebay. it is not used to degrade the buyer.
seller- write the 2 bucks off as a loss and move on. lesson learned.
you both acted to fast and drew conclusions to quick. this could have been resolved a lot nicer and a lot politer.
lesson learned by both partys
my 2 cents

Spillspleen
11-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the read....!

This guy never provided a receipt number for the money order...so from the first day he was never going to pay!

Also I did not file negative first...I started the process which says something like please reslove this dispute....as soon as I did that he neg. me...so I did the same that very day...this was several days after the winner bid was placed!

O'well...I hope that ebay changes the way feedback works...I do not have the answeres but know the current system does not represent everyone equally!