GI Joe/Transformers II #1 Cover Art [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : GI Joe/Transformers II #1 Cover Art

GBPackRat
08-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Per Request from Snow I'm throwing this up for all to see.

At the Con. early Friday I stopped over at the DD booth and flipped through the in-house art for sale. I came a crossed this page but didn't know what it had been used for. It looked like a pin up of some type, but since I have everything from the 2nd run of GI Joe by DD, I was curious as to what it was used for. A DD rep looked at it, then proceeded to tell me it was the bottom half of the Cover Art for #1 that will be released this fall. Then he grabbed one of the GI Joe/ Transformer II preview comics and flipped to an article which was talking about the cross over and showed how the art was going to be done. Apparently all the GI Joe art for the cross over will be drawn by Tim Selley, and inked by Cory Hamscher (sp?). The Transformer art will be done by their Voltron artist (I have no idea who this is) and inked by the Voltron inker. Then when both parts are done, the pages will be combined and super-imposed and a background will be put into place. It's strange and sounds like a lot of work, but I think it will help keep the GI Joes looking like GI Joes and the Transformers looking like Transformers.

Anyways, here's a picture of the GI Joe half of the cover for Issue 1. The work was done by Tim and inked by Cory. The page itself is 1/2 of a full bristol board art page. The page is very clean, so I assume a background will be put into place once the Joe and Transformer images are scanned in and put into place.

http://members.aol.com/gbpackrat/cover.jpg

For those who are interested, the page cost $50 (which I thought was a pretty good deal).

There ya go, hope no one at DD get's made at me since this isn't due out until this fall,

Tanner

nightc1
08-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Nice art... it has a familiar look to it.

lattinlovrrr
08-19-2004, 09:00 AM
nice piece

thanks for shareing